TE has nonexistent theology (?)

TEs -- what do you believe/

• I am a TE and I agree with the Apostles' creed

• I am a TE and I believe in the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)

• I am a TE and I believe Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Lord

• I am a TE and I believe Jesus Christ was incarnate deity

• I am a TE and I believe Jesus performed miracles on earth

• I am a TE and I believe in Jesus' saving death

• I am a TE and I believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead

• I am a TE and I believe all Scripture is inspired by God

• I am a TE and I believe in the Great Commission

• I am a TE and I believe Jesus will come again to raise the dead

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
as is pointed out, chimp 2q+2p=human 2 is evidence for common descent and good evidence against common design.

the reason is that the 2nd centrosome and backwards telomeres are indicators that the 2 chromosomes are products of a unification event. If a designer designed them then he made it look exactly like it would if it had been two chromosomes just hooked together, there is no evidence of removing the excess 2nd centrosome, or fixing the backwards internal telomeres. So the Designer doesn't clean up after himself, nor does he do things to distinguish his work from evolution.

Some comparison research done by Patterson concludes that some of our code more closely matches gorillas than chimps. This is very difficult to explain in a Darwinian framework and is not very good evidence for common descent at all. However, on the chromosome 2 fusion, I can't contribute as I haven't done much research at all on this.

However, on the chromosome 2 fusion, I can't contribute as I haven't done much research at all on this.

I'm curious about what purpose such statements serve in a discussion. It is not uncommon to read such things here either, often or most of the time from people not particularly interested in the science, because if they were, they would have taken the time to learn about what they are talking about or remain silent on the issues until they had. Curious remark that really appears to be a dismissal of ideas because the author simply finds them uninteresting and not worthy of research. If they were decent respectable ideas then they would have been considered, but as is just a remark that "i don't know anything about X" implies that it is not worth my time to learn anything about it.

This kind of sums up much YECist approach to science, it's not worth my time to understand, i know it is wrong and everyone who thinks about those things are not only wasting their time but are greatly deceived because they do not understand what i understand.

curious remark. i'll make a note when i see it here again, i wonder how long it will take to pop up again?

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
rmwilliamsll said:
However, on the chromosome 2 fusion, I can't contribute as I haven't done much research at all on this.

I'm curious about what purpose such statements serve in a discussion. It is not uncommon to read such things here
I take it as an acknowledgement that the subject has been raised and that the author can not refute it, but is unwilling to cede the point at this time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.