Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/entertainment/taylor-swift-wildest-dreams-colonialism-feat/index.html

"The singer debuted her vid for 'Wildest Dreams' at the VMAs Sunday night, and even the most casual observer would have noticed that -- for a clip that's set in Africa -- it's about as white as a Sunday morning farmer's market,"

So if you do a video and don't include locals in the video, that's racism?
They are there for the scenery, not the people.

Should every thing filmed in Hawaii, have a obligatory Hawaiian in it?
Does every video of New Zealand have to have a local somewhere in the film?

This seems to me to be trying to create problems. This is a video of two people in love, in a perfect setting, and so on.
I bet they hired locals to help.
Does everything have to be about numbers and racism/colonialism?

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
oops, didn't notice they had the video.

Ok. Its a vintage era movie crew on location, it's a Caucasian woman's wildest dream.
Seems perfect to me.

Love the plane, the animals, all the scenes portray the ideal dream.

Eastwood looks a lot like his Dad at that age, but also isn't the perfect twin of him though.

I think they are looking for a reason to complain. (Maybe just a way for publicity?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Our culture is getting far too PC-anal. First the Confederate flag [I can see the point, though], then the Celtic Cross [according to the ADL], and now this.

What next?

It's called inSANity and trying to build a "case" of something or other that does not have a "leg to stand on" so to speak.

They must'a used one o' these to dig reeeeally hard, yet they STILL couldn't find anything LOL!

is

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Respectfully to the OP, I watched the video and I can understand why she was accused of this.

I also agree with the assessments that were made about her past actions by other people cited in the article.

However, I will not argue with anyone about my personal opinion on this topic or discuss it any further.

I am not in the least bit interested in having my character or anything else pertaining to me dragged through the mud.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was evoking old Hollywood. The only thing that was hard for me to watch about that video was the music itself. It's not my thing.

Some people are constantly looking to be offended where no offense is intended. Hypersexualization and the glorification of greed and violence in music videos is much more odious and offensive (and there's a lot to choose from out there). Let's complain about that instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Respectfully to the OP, I watched the video and I can understand why she was accused of this.

I also agree with the assessments that were made about her past actions by other people cited in the article.

However, I will not argue with anyone about my personal opinion on this topic or discuss it any further.

I am not in the least bit interested in having my character or anything else pertaining to me dragged through the mud.

I would be interested in what specifically you found racist in the video and anything else pertaining to Taylor Swift (past or present). Perhaps i missed something. If anything is racist and i missed it i would appreciate knowing it. I just didn't see any racism anywhere, but i could be wrong.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/entertainment/taylor-swift-wildest-dreams-colonialism-feat/index.html

"The singer debuted her vid for 'Wildest Dreams' at the VMAs Sunday night, and even the most casual observer would have noticed that -- for a clip that's set in Africa -- it's about as white as a Sunday morning farmer's market,"

So if you do a video and don't include locals in the video, that's racism?
They are there for the scenery, not the people.

Should every thing filmed in Hawaii, have a obligatory Hawaiian in it?
Does every video of New Zealand have to have a local somewhere in the film?

This seems to me to be trying to create problems. This is a video of two people in love, in a perfect setting, and so on.
I bet they hired locals to help.
Does everything have to be about numbers and racism/colonialism?
If you don't make it a point to anticipate how every one of your actions might be perceived by every single person who encounters you, then you HATE everyone!
....or so I've been told by privileged people from 1st world nations.

Reactions: Blank Stair
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think it is racist though I see the point being made that it's kinda weird seeing Africa sans the Africans. But I don't think there was any racial motivation behind it just unfortunate for her that there are people ready and willing to call out racism everywhere they look. It reminds me of the type of people who somehow see Satan in everything that everyone who isn't a Christian, does.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So in your world feminists deserve to be abused?

And how is it that people don't realize there are white Africans in Africa?

Them getting a taste of their own medicine is good thing. Let them turn on each other and rip each other apart. Hopefully they become disillusioned with the movement.

Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0