Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh yes? There has been a spate of ultra rich leaving NY or the US?
Who hasn't heard about the mass exodus of wealthy New Yorkers to South Dakota?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand that the bottom 20% is in debt?
There’s no money there, ain’t much more 21-50% either.
When all of the money goes to the top...the top has to pay more in taxes, otherwise it accumulates in ledgers.
Face it, Government is much better at wealth redistribution than are “benevolent billionaires”!

Top%2020%20Richest%20People%20In%20The%20World%20-%20January%202019.jpg

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So that is a no on the rich fleeing the country?

I don't think anybody for sure knows where they're going but you would have to think it would be states/countries with lower taxes/rates. Maybe Cuomo knows since he's the one that brought it up to begin with, he admitted it was higher taxes that chased them away.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I almost have my first cow Muffler prototype finished. It's not the prettiest thing and rather heavy for the poor cow to carry around. They will probably end up pulling it on a trailer behind them. But, when they do their little fart farts the smell will come out the other end like a bed of roses and be very healthy for breathing.

The success of this project will probably end up being a second retirement for the goats and I. Looks like we owe this young politician a lot? She has stimulated many minds.

M-Bob

I thought the problem was more with their belches than their farts. ???

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you take a similar juvenile attitude to other waste products resulting from large scale animal agriculture?

There are no waste products from large scale animal agriculture, unless those products are foolishly wasted.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This reminds me a lot of Palin -- just with Republicans and Democrats in the opposite roles. I guess the other difference is that Palin, though just a Governor, was running as a Vice Presidential candidate as opposed to the Freshman Congressperson.

True, the office of VP is largely ceremonial.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,213,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are no waste products from large scale animal agriculture, unless those products are foolishly wasted.
I am sure the hog farms in my home state, that befoul the water supply every time their is even a hint of flooding, wait with baited breath for your method of dealing with their waste lagoons.

But wait, why would that be an issue? <insert dismissive poopie joke here to match the fart jokes that some how negate the methane emissions from live stock>

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟931,301.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anybody for sure knows where they're going but you would have to think it would be states/countries with lower taxes/rates. Maybe Cuomo knows since he's the one that brought it up to begin with, he admitted it was higher taxes that chased them away.

I would be interested in seeing a study on that. The only thing I can find are opinion pieces that use data that is not correlated. It strikes me as a bit odd since I live in a high tax area with several of the worlds wealthiest people. Admittedly my state has sales tax, not income tax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought the problem was more with their belches than their farts. ???

It will need to be inserted into both ends.

Not a pleasant time to be a cow.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟726,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to hear how AOC compares to Sarah "Can't think of a single newspaper she reads" Palin. I'll wait; this should be good.
Ringo

That clears it. I will not be voting for Sarah Palin

• Haha
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟914,573.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
she protests her own party leaders

I don't know what you're referencing here specifically, but that isn't a bad thing.

Politicians are elected by constituents in their own areas. Their responsibility is, first and foremost, to those voters, not the party.

Just because you belong to a political party or even vote for one regularly, it doesn't mean you have to agree with everything they say, do or intend to pursue.

It's an example of getting one's house in order.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sure the hog farms in my home state, that befoul the water supply every time their is even a hint of flooding, wait with baited breath for your method of dealing with their waste lagoons.

But wait, why would that be an issue? <insert dismissive poopie joke here to match the fart jokes that some how negate the methane emissions from live stock>

Agriculture implies improvement or excellence. Raising swine is destructive to the environment and human health, and thus is exempt from the discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow. An argument from equivocation. How nice.

An observation from knowledge. Mixed agriculture has been called "manure management", which is poorly done here.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,213,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Agriculture implies improvement or excellence. Raising swine is destructive to the soil, air, and human health and thus is exempt from the discussion.
Remove hogs and insert intensive cattle operations, they have the same waste lagoon issues, or are you going to dismiss every adverse effect of agriculture as not agriculture like a marxist dismissing communist atrocities as not real communism?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Remove hogs and insert intensive cattle operations, they have the same waste lagoon issues, or are you going to dismiss every adverse effect of agriculture as not agriculture like a marxist dismissing communist atrocities as not real communism?

As stated 'culture' implies improvement. CAFO's are a step in the wrong direction.

Waste lagoons are used to store manure from CAFO's, an animal feeding program that defies every principal of animal agriculture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.