Taking Action

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Learning about this stuff. Knowing that i have to repent.
I worry that my actions are costing me to be lost more and more.

Is it a problem that I've learned that i need to repent but just haven't done anything about it, even though i want to? Like i think my doubts and worries could be something that is holding me back, but i just worry that my not doing anything has condemned me.

I want to repent but i don't know why i haven't yet. Gosh that is just...

Is that wrong?

Also if you want to i suggest watching these 3 videos as they are very helpful and i believe every word the guy says:

Tony Miano's Testimony (1 of 3) - YouTube

Tony Miano's Testimony- POWERFUL!!! (2 of 3) - YouTube

Tony Miano's Testimony- The Gospel (3 of 3) - YouTube

Edit: Most of my issues concerning this have already been answered below and on other pages of this thread, so i am content now. If you still wish answer this first post, go right ahead. :)

Last edited:

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a point where u can make yourself willingly ignorant. Now that the lord has shown u these things...u need to make a choice. I hope that u choose the perfect Almighty Father. May you put ur worries aside and trust in Christ...no longer leaning on your own understanding.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you are at the same place Nicodemus was.

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. http://bible.cc/john/3-19.htmThis is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Upvote 0

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Is it a problem that I've learned that i need to repent but just haven't done anything about it, even though i want to? Like i think my doubts and worries could be something that is holding me back, but i just worry that my not doing anything has condemned me.

Is that wrong?

Also if you want to i suggest watching these 3 videos as they are very helpful and i believe every word the guy says:

What are you doubting and worrying about?

Repenting is acknowledging you are a sinner and telling God you don't want to do those thing anymore. You won't change over night and most likely you might keep making the same mistakes. But God knows how weak we are that's why He wants you to take the 1st step in acknowledging you're a sinner and you NEED His help. Once you do this simple thing, God will begin to work in you day by day as long as you remember God ALONE changes you, not by your efforts but by Him ALONE!

All you have to do is thank Him for changing you DAILY and often. You will sin or mess up some more but this is the beauty of God bcuz by you just keep knowing that He changes you and thank Him often you will day by day move further away from your sinful desires. Once you com on to God's side he NEVER counts your sins or remembers them, just THANK Him often! Yes God is that good :)

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Is that wrong?

Few thoughts biblically :

1. Repenting , or, turning away from sinful lifestyles....is an act of a persons WILL . , albiet difficult at times . God expects and actually demands that we turn away from all known sin as an act of showing genuiness to having been freely forgiven of our sins by Christ alone. If we dont, then, the genuineness of our salvation experience (recieving Christ into our lives) is not real. Faith always moves us on toward asking for forgiveness coupled with no longer doing the thing we ask for forgiveness over.

2. God KNOWS that each person IS capable of leaving behind a lifestyle sin that has gotton us ensnared ; in fact, once we recieve Christ, God is only too pleased to give us his power to help us overcome and to sustain not returning back to the sin. It does require some action and Will on our part however ; we have to apply some great wisdom, tenacity, and desire to want to live FOR God instead of for ourselves . It requires us to make a plan which should include : A strategic plan to keep from falling away again and again , sticking to this devised plan, and walking with God every step of the way thru prayer daily to achieve the goal. IE : If its alchohol, then, the strategy would include keeping away physically from Bars, Alchohol Stores, taking a new car route around them, and substituting something wholesome in its place . Whatever the problem is, make a definite PLAN on how you are going to avoid falling into the sin trap again. It may require giving up on bad friendships, maybe tossing out all inappropriate contentography, maybe cancelling certain Movie channels on Cable , etc... It may require you making a plan not to go near Gambling places, places where your sexuality gets way out of control, or even saying goodbye to a cohabitating environment. Whatever it is, God says YOU have all the power of heaven on your side so you can be an Overcomer . Apply this to your life . Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you daily with his power and presence to avoid temptation.

3. Lastly, you MUST get involved in a small group for your gender. One that discusses issues your gender struggles with, and for good fellowship and moral accountability. If you dont have such a thing at your church, go to Celebrate Recovery online and find out where one is being held locally. This is like a Christian 12 step program that recognizes Jesus Christ as the higher power.

If you do these steps ive listed, you will be on the road to quick recovery. And. welcome aboard Gods Wagontrain . Keep in mind that nothing youre facing hasnt been faced currently, or before. God bless.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you should try Catholicism or the Anglican church. Some people just need guidance, and the open-endedness of Protestantism may be too much for you. You seem to be the type of person who asks "where are the boundaries?" So in that sense, having a set of rules and traditions may be beneficial to you and your walk with God.

Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you should try Catholicism or the Anglican church. Some people just need guidance, and the open-endedness of Protestantism may be too much for you. You seem to be the type of person who asks "where are the boundaries?" So in that sense, having a set of rules and traditions may be beneficial to you and your walk with God.

Sorry but if i decide to go an follow a different religion, that's just going to drag me into hell faster. You do know that confessing your sins to a pastor is like talking to a wall, nothing is going to happen. So Catholicism is out of the question.

Whats Anglican?

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but if i decide to go an follow a different religion, that's just going to drag me into hell faster. You do know that confessing your sins to a pastor is like talking to a wall, nothing is going to happen. So Catholicism is out of the question.

Whats Anglican?

Well, there do exist saved Catholics, but I understand your dislike.

Anglican(unless I have it mixed up with another denomination), is like the Protestant version of Catholicism. You don't have confessions or rosemaries, but you do have a stricter adherence to God's Word and laws. Once again, I might have the name wrong on the denomination, as I am horrible with names. :p

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm reluctantly concluding that there are areas in which I may not be able to help the OP. I don't think every Christian is necessarily turned around immediately, with their desires to do the wrong thing instantly gone, as happened for Tony. As far as I can tell, most Christians struggle with sin their whole lives. I'm not prepared to dispute Tony's own experience. But there seems to me to be a pattern of Christians expecting everyone else's experience to like his.

What I see in my own church, and read here, suggests that Tony's experience is unusual. Of course Tony might say (and his web site suggests) that this just means that most people who think they're Christian aren't. The problem is that this answer seems to violate a number of promises by Jesus that he will accept any who come to him. (I guess there's always the old, "Yes, but they didn't *really* come to him.)

I've suggested to the OP that he try asking the charismatic forum, since they are probably the most oriented towards this kind of conversion. I'd be curious what they think someone should do who wanted to be a Christian but hasn't had the same kind of conversion that Tony did.

My main concern is that I don't think all Christians experience this. I'm worried that the OP may well not either, and that he may end up giving up.

Upvote 0

PureDose

Pinball Wizard
Sep 18, 2012
✟850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is that wrong?

I can guarantee you I won't watch videos.

Sounds like you are as God him self....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol!

IDk, they look like me the guys in the film, but I do not watch external links, cause words are powerful.

Video bores me....

And??

Is there really any question today, but can we please wait for one thousand more years?

uhh lol well im more really confused by what you meant by this:

PureDose said:
I can guarantee you I won't watch videos.

Sounds like you are as God him self....

Like what did you mean by that?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No., the christian life isnt about jumping thru hoops, practicing a bunch of religousity thru rule keeping and madeup mans traditions including bowing to the control and power of a Man dressed in the finest of silk garb who proclaims HE is the head of the christian church...when Jesus is and always has been .

Instead, you want to pattern your life after the infallable Word of God, the Bible, and make sure you have and are following the true Gospel of Christ which is Christ crucified from start to finish as a completely free finished gift to us leaving nothing for us to do to merit our eternal salvation. Then, the Holy Spirit will come to live in you which includes all the power of God to overcome any adversity, any addiction, and out of sincere gratitude for your undeserved unearned Salvation...you will want to live an upright and moral life in dedication to Gods grace and presence in your life ; for, a changed life is the indicator that a real genuine salvation experience was had and continues . Soak up the Bible , and not rules and traditions.

Upvote 0