Twin Brooks, South Dakota
✟11,910.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not a Switchfoot fan and am not familiar with their music, but I was listening to the album Hello Hurricane and it didn't sound that bad but it didn't sound that good and it didn't sound particularly Christian. I decided I liked the album cover better than the music.

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yeah . . . I love that song too . . . and I thought of some others that I love. Dare You To Move and Only Hope and This Is Your Life.

lol yes, I like all of those songs too. I really do like a lot of there music. I have 5 cds right now. :D I can never just pick on song when it comes to what my favorite song of theirs might be. As far as music goes I do really like Awakening. ...it's kickin' The thing is I like other lyrics over that song better so...idk But, yes they have a lot of good songs. They sure aren't one hit wonders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So cool. I've heard this said before and think it's great. He is a good song writer and some of their tunes really hit home and 'kick'. :D :cool: :p

I've always been really into the music I listen too. Unfortunatly before I was a christian my music was not doing anything good for me. It didn't help my growth as a christian when I first got saved and was still listening too tool, rage against the machine and all the Seattle bands from the 90's. I had a horrible time giving up that music but after getting a few switchfoot CD's I made the switch and now only listen to music that glorifies GOD

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've always been really into the music I listen too. Unfortunatly before I was a christian my music was not doing anything good for me. It didn't help my growth as a christian when I first got saved and was still listening too tool, rage against the machine and all the Seattle bands from the 90's. I had a horrible time giving up that music but after getting a few switchfoot CD's I made the switch and now only listen to music that glorifies GOD

That's brilliant. God bless you. I'm glad you shared this. Yes, I got rid of a whole lot of music too. I like Switchfoot not just because of the great music and messages but I also like their music because it talks about life issues openly and in an authentic way. :)

Upvote 0

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's brilliant. God bless you. I'm glad you shared this. Yes, I got rid of a whole lot of music too. I like Switchfoot not just because of the great music and messages but I also like their music because it talks about life issues openly and in an authentic way. :)

Yeah, not all of their music is specifically about God but it all seems to be indirectly related. One of the cool things about groups like switchfoot, skillet and thousand foot krutch is they reach audiences who wouldn't normally listen to contemporary christian music. I have some friends that went to a skillet concert and they said there were tons of people in the crowd that didn't appear to be believers but Skillet gave a clear testimony and talked openly about God.

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, not all of their music is specifically about God but it all seems to be indirectly related. One of the cool things about groups like switchfoot, skillet and thousand foot krutch is they reach audiences who wouldn't normally listen to contemporary christian music. I have some friends that went to a skillet concert and they said there were tons of people in the crowd that didn't appear to be believers but Skillet gave a clear testimony and talked openly about God.

Yes, I agree. I've been to a couple concerts that I've seen nonchristians attend and have been provoked to think and speak about God. This is positive.

Upvote 0