Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sweden Shields 150 ISIS Fighters, but Won't Protect This Christian Asylum Seeker | CBN News

At this moment, Aideen Strandsson's future still remains in limbo. She waits for either the possibility of political asylum or to be deported. The Iranian actress left Islam to become a Christian after having a dream about Jesus. She came to Sweden in 2014 on a work visa...

Full story: Sweden Shields 150 ISIS Fighters, but Won't Protect This Christian Asylum Seeker

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The average Swede has great social benefits for a lifetime and not enough kids to worry about what the future Sweden might look like anyway.
Better that the Christians seek asylum somewhere else where people think that the future is actually something worth caring about.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They may not believe her of course. It is always possible for asylum seekers to convert to Christianity or claim to be homosexual or transgender to avoid being deported to a land that would harm them for these things. I pray that the good news of Christ reaches all asylum seekers.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sweden Shields 150 ISIS Fighters, but Won't Protect This Christian Asylum Seeker | CBN News

At this moment, Aideen Strandsson's future still remains in limbo. She waits for either the possibility of political asylum or to be deported. The Iranian actress left Islam to become a Christian after having a dream about Jesus. She came to Sweden in 2014 on a work visa...

Full story: Sweden Shields 150 ISIS Fighters, but Won't Protect This Christian Asylum Seeker

Need better source. Pat Robertson of CBN is crazy man who tells crazy story. Like Haiti earthquake from pact with devil. So this likely crazy story from crazy man again.

Research finds much more crazy about CBN. Here. Is bad idea to believe crazy people like this unless reliable people say it also.

• Informative
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've found CBN news reliable thus far. Christian Post and Charisma also picked up the story, using CBN as the source.

Robertson is not perfect, but then I usually don't go near Right Wing Watch.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They may not believe her of course. It is always possible for asylum seekers to convert to Christianity or claim to be homosexual or transgender to avoid being deported to a land that would harm them for these things.
Very true. But it seems weird that so many Muslims have no problem staying in Sweden, while she is being refused.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very true. But it seems weird that so many Muslims have no problem staying in Sweden, while she is being refused.

That is true but I believe that Iran is considered safe now, so Iranian refugees are being returned. Christians (or others that would be at risk) shouldn't be but it is difficult to know who is truly a Christian convert (or other things people claim to avoid returning). Sometimes the authorities discover that a refugee has been returning to the country for vacations whilst claiming asylum.
So without us knowing the full story, which the immigration services no doubt have, it is very difficult to judge.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Aideen has been very public about her new faith, which means she faces prison, rape, and death"

That is a wonderful boldness that we all need

It's interesting, it says Sweden is "blocking" ISIS but then here is a page that says Sweden is "taking in" ISIS and giving them new identities:

Sweden Welcomed Returning ISIS Fighters, Gave Them New Identities

• Informative
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In any bureaucracy, there is potential for mismanagement of cases.
A people's will to freedom is gauged by a people's ability and passion to scream bloody murder at bureaucracy for such 'mismanagement', which hinfact is politically motivated, as the Rotherham case has made so clear to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
A people's will to freedom is gauged by a people's ability and passion to scream bloody murder at bureaucracy for such 'mismanagement', which hinfact is politically motivated, as the Rotherham case has made so clear to us.

I admit I don't know all the details about this situation. There isn't alot of discussion about this case on mainstream news sites.

I'm all for religious refugees having asylum. And I don't think its a good thing the Swedish government has instituted a "Bible test" for Christian refugees. It would be a shame if Sweden was backing away from its otherwise good human rights record.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I admit I don't know all the details about this situation. There isn't alot of discussion about this case on mainstream news sites.

I'm all for religious refugees having asylum. And I don't think its a good thing the Swedish government has instituted a "Bible test" for Christian refugees. It would be a shame if Sweden was backing away from its otherwise good human rights record.
There is a language and cultural barrier and a distance barrier too, for most of us when we hear news out of some place like Sweden. We can often only do no more than to understand the story through the lens of what we have seen in our own countries and in other international news. In that regard, when it comes to the human rights record of a country, it is useful to differentiate between true virtue, and virtue signalling.
Voltaire once wrote of the Swedish King Charles XII that "he carried all his virtues to such an excess that they became more dangerous than their contrary vices". In an effort to not be the ugly Europeans of Europe's racist nationalist past, virtue has come to mean protecting those who are different in contradistinction to turning their backs on any one who is in any way is deemed to be the same. Virtue signalling means that people try to present themselves as being good on human rights, simply by being the opposite of those on the right who see Europe's past as something more than just a sordid and shameful affair that needs to be repudiated at every turn.

Pluralism in today's global and connected world is indeed a virtue. Virtue-signalling on the other hand means to carry that virtue to such an excess that it becomes more dangerous than the corresponding vice of racist nationalism.

Assuredly, the Christians of Iran and Coptic Egypt and Iraq and Syria and the rest of the persecuted ME and its Christian genocide have very, very little in common with the people of the Christian and/or secular West. To turn our backs on these people, in fear of being seen to be paying favoritism to our own in some kind of Christian nationalism, is therefore a ludicrous proposition. An Iranian Christian is nothing like a secular Swedish Lutheran, nothing like the typical European of today, nothing like the average Westerner. A pluralism that rejects that Christian from the House of Islam, and accepts the treacherous ISIS member in the name of pluralism has in effect redefined pluralism from a our greatest modern virtue into a vice as vile as any that have preceded it.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In an effort to not be the ugly Europeans of Europe's racist nationalist past, virtue has come to mean
I think that is exactly what is going on. After 100 years of religious wars, two world wars, and countless other wars, the elites of Europe have decided the only viable path forward is to jettison all meaningful notions of religion and nationhood, and to embrace cultural homogenization. But they seem to have discounted the cost to their own people in doing so. I watched a video yesterday of a British politician bragging in a public forum that they've stopped 17 domestic terrorist plots just this year, and they're working hard on the problem. That was supposed to be an assurance. She failed to take a simple step back and explain why the problem exists in the first place. 17 domestic terrorist attacks in six months? Acid attacks on the streets of London reaching epidemic proportions? What could possibly be causing that?

They also don't factor in that a significant number of the migrants adhere to a triumphal and violent supra-tribal religion that forbids assimilation. All I can do is shake my head sadly, and pray, when I see the utter stupidity the Europeans are engaging in, and the pain and destruction it is causing.

Upvote 0

Eric Reed

Jun 18, 2017
US
✟1,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The New Stockholm Syndrome

This vid is a good first step on the road to recovery:

Upvote 0

Eric Reed

Jun 18, 2017
US
✟1,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that is exactly what is going on. After 100 years of religious wars, two world wars, and countless other wars, the elites of Europe have decided the only viable path forward is to jettison all meaningful notions of religion and nationhood, and to embrace cultural homogenization. But they seem to have discounted the cost to their own people in doing so. I watched a video yesterday of a British politician bragging in a public forum that they've stopped 17 domestic terrorist plots just this year, and they're working hard on the problem. That was supposed to be an assurance. She failed to take a simple step back and explain why the problem exists in the first place. 17 domestic terrorist attacks in six months? Acid attacks on the streets of London reaching epidemic proportions? What could possibly be causing that?

They also don't factor in that a significant number of the migrants adhere to a triumphal and violent supra-tribal religion that forbids assimilation. All I can do is shake my head sadly, and pray, when I see the utter stupidity the Europeans are engaging in, and the pain and destruction it is causing.
Well, coinciding with the diminishing of the UK and the rest of Europe is the past creeping departure from God's Word. That's what happens when Western societies depart from their strong foundation: they basically become dumb as rocks.

The US is currently in recovery and stepping away from the cliff of self-destruction.

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0