Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
California
✟17,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The enemy has ground again. Yesterday the other girl needed to talk and clarify things and my husband is justifying that they may need to do this a few times because it's a "process". I told him that means it's not over and he was all upset and said I'm overwhelming him.

Upvote 0

Canuk

Sep 28, 2006
✟8,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
M...you owe the other girl nothing. You do not owe her explanations, help working through this, clarity, or anything else. I strongly encourage you to cut ALL ties with her...if it means going to a supervisor and explaining everything in an attempt to eliminate a 'working relationship', do it. Do whatever you need to do...in order to begin healing, and restoring your relationship with J, you first need to STOP having a relationship - ANY relationship - with her.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Joyful11,
I will be in prayer about this. I think it would be wise to talk to the counselor about part of your stipulations being that he quit his job. I know that sounds inpractical, that is why much prayer is needed. I will pray that another job comes his way, but honestly, I think he needs to be willing to at least be transferred to another building or something.

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
M...you owe the other girl nothing. You do not owe her explanations, help working through this, clarity, or anything else. I strongly encourage you to cut ALL ties with her...if it means going to a supervisor and explaining everything in an attempt to eliminate a 'working relationship', do it. Do whatever you need to do...in order to begin healing, and restoring your relationship with J, you first need to STOP having a relationship - ANY relationship - with her.
Exactly! Well said brother!

Remember Christ told us if our hand or eye offend us to cut it off or gouge it out, rather than miss out on the chance of heaven! The same radical surgery is necessary here!

Pete

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If he is planning an online course the Pure Online course is probably more effective than the Setting Captives Free, I'vv been through both and the Pure Online course covers all levels of acting out!

I think you need to encourage him to do whatever it takes to cut this sin from him, J!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Canuk

Sep 28, 2006
✟8,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking he may be open to it now....quitting his job

I am encouraged to hear this...sometimes radical action is necessary in order to get ourselves out of the pits we have dug for ourselves, I hope, and pray that M is ready for radical action.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

If he is planning an online course the Pure Online course is probably more effective than the Setting Captives Free, I'vv been through both and the Pure Online course covers all levels of acting out!

I think you need to encourage him to do whatever it takes to cut this sin from him, J!

I would like to hear more about pure online!

Upvote 0

tp65

Mar 19, 2006
✟9,904.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I do hope M will take the radical step and quit his job if necessary. But first, maybe he should talk with his supervisor (honestly) and see if there are other options. As much good as it will do to not have to be around the other woman, there will still be much to deal with for you both. She is just a symptom of the real problem. Praying that M's heart is convicted and his eyes opened.

Upvote 0

mommyphotographer

Mar 10, 2007
✟15,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my heart goes out to you. my cousin just found out her husband is also being cheated on. they are christains also. and the stupid this is her husband is with a women who drinks and smokes and is just the opposite of my cousin. they have been married like 25 years and he is just so wrong. he told her he dont know what he wants to do. he doesnt want to leave his wife and he dont want to leave the other women. but to me he is only saying hey i like her alot but i dont know if it will work so i want to hang on to you also becasue we have been together so long so i dont want to have no one. he makes me so mad. and with my husband morals and his addictions to inappropriate content for 20 plus years i know it will happen to me. i just know it will. the devil has always had my husband right in his hands and he never got away from him. so i know if a women comes on to my shy husband he will go stray with her. but I know in my heart once that happens I know i will kick his butt out and that will be it. i have been thru so much with him and i know i will not take anymore. i feel like a sitting duck just fulfilling his sexual needs till the next one comes along and he moves on. I love him but i have NO trust in him and i also feel this hate for him all wrapped in one. He really changed the women God wanted for me to be. I dont know why i have been thru my whole life without any one to love me like i deserve to be loved. some days i wished God would bring someone along for me to have to really love me. but then again i know if i do that then i am sinning against God and I dont want to do that. But man i just am so lonely and need to be loved..
I wish i knew why things like this happens to the faithful and ones who are loving towards our spouces and childeren.
I am praying for you. ............ Life just dont make sence.................

God has a plan i know but sometimes it is so hard to see his plan and where all this can work for his Good.

Reactions: tp65
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

Romanseight2005

mommyphotographer,
Thanks for coming here. I am so sorry for your pain. The enemy is working doubletime these days it seems. You can't trust your husband, but you can trust God. I will be praying for you. There is a thread in the married couples only section called, talk to men who have struggled with inappropriate content(or something like that) which might be helpful for you. We started this thread to give Joyful11 some extra support during this rough time, but we would like to minister to you, so please join us on the other thread.

Reactions: tp65
Upvote 0

joyful11

Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
California
✟17,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
M finally realizes that there can be no contact with this girl after having lunch with her??? on Friday and seeing how tightly she's hanging on. He admitted that contact with her is making it worse. He has a plan for leaving his job...so please pray that he acts on this. Also, it wouldn't be for a few weeks so please pray for a short term plan in the meantime....like starting Tuesday. After he had lunch with her on Friday, I told him I was done with this game. That's when he told me about his plan, which a Christian friend helped him come up with. There's lots of details involved so pray that everything works out. Also, it is evident that M cannot resist the temptations of this girl so he needs to be completely away from her. He admits that there can't be any more contact but said that the more firm he is with her, the more desperate she gets and the harder she tries. He said the only way it will work is if he's completely gone. This needs to happen ASAP. I made it clear to him that I need to see action. His words say he wants me only but I have yet to see anything in action.

Upvote 0