New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need a concensous on this. How about tucked in shirts (polo's and button-ups) with the top button unbuttoned but with the collar of a white t-shirt showing?

Or should I just get a V-neck?

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I need a concensous on this. How about tucked in shirts (polo's and button-ups) with the top button unbuttoned but with the collar of a white t-shirt showing?

Or should I just get a V-neck?
layering is cool--to me at least. the shirt underneath could be colored instead of being a typical undershirt type material.

in fact, i rarely see anyone having all the buttons on their polos buttoned... :confused: do people do that? polos don't seem formal enough to button them all the way

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
layering is cool--to me at least. the shirt underneath could be colored instead of being a typical undershirt type material.

in fact, i rarely see anyone having all the buttons on their polos buttoned... :confused: do people do that? polos don't seem formal enough to button them all the way

I'll button the top button on a button-up if I'm wearing a tie.

I'm not sure if a colored undershirt would work out. The problem is with a lot of the button up shirts, especially if they are white is that you can actually see underneath them.

Let me just say that if I try to wear a button-up shirt without an undershirt you can see my nipples through it. Which I imagine is very bad fashion.

And plus really I have to have something to soak up the sweat from dancing. Otherwise your button-up gets all wet and it looks very bad.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
oh see, button-down shirts are much different than polos (you mentioned both in your first post). Of course you'd button the nice shirts all the way for the formal tie or whatnot. And of course you'd wear undershirts underneath those...

i was talking more about casual polo shirts you'd wear golfing or something. those look great with layers and colors.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh see, button-down shirts are much different than polos (you mentioned both in your first post). Of course you'd button the nice shirts all the way for the formal tie or whatnot. And of course you'd wear undershirts underneath those...

i was talking more about casual polo shirts you'd wear golfing or something. those look great with layers and colors.

haha, no I wear them to work, I don't golf much because me attempting to play golf is a sad sight to see.

Do you think the undershirt showing with the top button undone on a button-down shirt works ok?

But I will keep that in mind with polo shirts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been watching my season two Happy Days DVD set and noticing all the stylin' fifties clothing. You know there had to be some big time costume designer(s) because of all the cool styles. Here are a few trends I've noticed...

Most of the guys (Richie, Potsie, etc) wear black belts ALL the time. They usually wear black shoes (like penny loafers) but they sometimes wear brown shoes with the black belt.

Fonzie wore a brown leather jacket and black leather boots. No belt.

The guys wore watches with gold cases, and silver buckles on their belts. It makes sense because I think brass clashes with gold big time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You should follow your own style. You don't really notice other people's styles unless it looks bad. But are you going to tell them it looks bad?

Some people wear the same bad combinations week after week. What I hate is when people wear green with off-green, like olive. That really clashes.

Upvote 0

joanna1

Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
✟18,877.00
Faith
Christian
Brown smart-casual lace-up shoes rock ! :clap: Men who wear those generally have good taste overall.
I have this theory about being able to tell a lot about a man from his shoes...
-pointed shoes are a bit effeminate or trying to be macho mediterranean style and just ending up looking silly
-square toes for non-formal occasions: generally a bit wet or just thinking slightly to much about his appearance

Upvote 0

joanna1

Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
✟18,877.00
Faith
Christian
-anything that rises above the ankle: got a serious style problem
dolce-gabbana-men-shoes-b.jpg

-trainers: has got no clue what to wear, a bit scruffy in general (but that mean's it's a white sheet to work with )
or just trying way too hard to look cool
-the worst of the worst: cowboy boots.

Upvote 0

joanna1

Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
✟18,877.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0