Stunning images show Arizona border crossing overrun by massive surge of adult male migrants from across globe

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟67,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stunning images show Arizona border crossing overrun by massive surge of adult male migrants from across globe.
The Tucson Sector saw over 17,000 encounters in a week, a new record.

A remote Arizona border crossing is being overrun by a massive surge of mainly adult male migrants from across the globe, including countries in Africa and the Middle East -- just as the state's Tucson Sector has seen record numbers of crossings in recent days.

Fox News was on the ground in Lukeville, Arizona, where Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have been forced to close the local port of entry due to the surge in illegal entries. Fox footage showed that, as of Tuesday morning, hundreds of single military-age men camped out against the border wall waiting to be processed into the U.S, and not a single woman or child among them.

Of those camped out, there were a large number of Africans from countries Senegal, Guinea, Mauritania, Egypt and elsewhere waiting to be processed and potentially released into the U.S. Others were from the Middle East and Asia.
One man told Fox that he paid $10,000 to a smuggler to travel from Mauritania via Colombia, while a man from Guinea said he was planning to head to New York City if he was released into the U.S.

The Tucson Sector saw nearly 3,000 encounters in a single day and has seen 17,500 encounters in a single week, the highest weekly total ever recorded.

Meanwhile, Fox cameras caught a moment when migrants exploited gaps in the border wall -- which were being repaired by federal contractors -- and rushed through the gap and into the United States before it could be fixed.

The situation has sparked outrage from local lawmakers. Rep. Juan Ciscomani , R-Ariz., last week called for the deployment of the Arizona National Guard to the border, urging Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to recommend such action to the Pentagon.

"Tucson Sector is leading in encounters and our agents and officers are overrun and undermanned," Ciscomani says in a letter to DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. "The situation is far past a breaking point and those on the frontlines of this crisis are in need of immediate support."
CBP has been surging resources and personnel to the Tucson Sector -- which typically sees less traffic than other sectors like the Rio Grande Valley-- and has been focusing on transporting migrants laterally to other parts of the border combined with a greater use of expedited removal as an alternative to them being released into the U.S.

The Biden administration has promised to increase the use of the expedited removal authority -- and has requested resources to do so as part of its $14 billion supplemental request to Congress for border operations, including staffing and non-custodial housing. Negotiations are ongoing in Congress over that supplemental, with Republicans wanting to see stricter asylum standards and limits on the administration’s use of humanitarian parole. However, some Senate Democrats have said that they would only agree to such policy changes if they were tied to an amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants already in the U.S.
The Biden administration has said it is dealing with a Hemisphere-wide crisis and needs Congress to act to provide more funding for the border processes, while since 2021 it has been calling on Republicans to support a comprehensive immigration bill it unveiled on day one of the administration. That too would include a sweeping amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants.

Republicans have rejected that legislation, and instead introduced a bill of their own which would increase border security funding while increasing limits on asylum and the use of humanitarian parole. Republicans have blamed the ongoing crisis on the policies of the administration -- including its rollback of Trump-era policies.

Similarly, the Border Patrol union has repeatedly blamed the administration, putting the surge in Lukeville down to an "open invitation" by the Biden administration.

"It takes a toll on the men and women [of Border Patrol] that are out there putting their lives on the line each and every day," The National Border Patrol Council's Art Del Cueto told Fox News.

But whatever the cause, the border remains in a historic crisis with records being broken at every turn. There were more than 2.4 million migrant encounters in FY 23, a new record. September saw a record for encounters at the southern border, while October saw a record for encounters in October -- with more than 240,000 encounters border-wide.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow. Surely that isn't your best or most serious response, right?
Wow, the video clip shows them (at the 1 sec mark) stepping over what appears to be a sawed off stump of a bollard. These are not the most masculine young men...

Wow.png

Yes, at this moment this is the bestest, most seriousest reply I can manage, okay?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...stepping over what appears to be a sawed off stump of a bollard.
Unpossible! I was told in no uncertain terms on this very forum that the advanced metal cutting technology (a battery grinder or sawzall) required to do so was not to be found in Mexico!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unpossible! I was told in no uncertain terms on this very forum that the advanced metal cutting technology (a battery grinder or sawzall) required to do so was not to be found in Mexico!
Maybe Amazon delivered?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟67,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is no surprise to me that the liberals would rather poke fun at this wall instead of actually being concerned with the facts about illegal immigrants crossing USA borders illegally.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is no surprise to me that the liberals would rather poke fun at this wall instead of actually being concerned with the facts about illegal immigrants crossing USA borders illegally.
I guess it could be shocking to see how the far-right echo chamber is viewed from people not tricked by it.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The people who came through that broken wall were lining up, awaiting apprehension so that they could apply for asylum, according to that clip. They are not the boogeyman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟67,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The people who came through that broken wall were lining up, awaiting apprehension so that they could apply for asylum, according to that clip. They are not the boogeyman.
A legitimate point.

May I ask if you are concerned about illegal immigrants into our nation?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
People fail to realize that Americans are only human and can't fix all of their problems. Coming here isn't going to solve anything for those illegal immigrants. They should work on improving conditions back in their home countries.

If enough migrants pour in, America will become like the countries these migrants have fled, thus getting them nowhere.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟910,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People fail to realize that Americans are only human and can't fix all of their problems. Coming here isn't going to solve anything for those illegal immigrants. They should work on improving conditions back in their home countries.

If enough migrants pour in, America will become like the countries these migrants have fled, thus getting them nowhere.
For most of them who get in and don’t get deported, they will probably solve a lot of problems for themselves that they faced in their home country. Migrants have been pouring in my entire life and yet we have not become a third world country. Most of these migrants want to work and live a better life. Sure, illegals have to stay under the radar, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t doing far better for themselves than opportunities provided in the home country.

Those of us who are privileged by the luck of where we were born too easily claim that those who would cross thousands of miles to get here should just fix the situation in their home countries. If tables were turned, I’m sure we’d all be doing anything we could to leave a bad situation and improve our opportunities elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Truth. Ask Columbus and the English.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Those of us who are privileged by the luck of where we were born too easily claim that those who would cross thousands of miles to get here should just fix the situation in their home countries. If tables were turned, I’m sure we’d all be doing anything we could to leave a bad situation and improve our opportunities elsewhere.
My experience has been that truly bad situations are difficult to leave. Those that can afford to make said journey are the wealthy and privileged of their respective nations, coming to our shores in search of jobs that pay what amounts to an astronomical fortune back in their home countries, and also looking for handouts from our government.

One U.S. dollar is worth over 200 of Pakistani currency, for example. A minimum wage job here earns them 3000 Pakistani an hour. I sure would like a job that pays me $3000 an hour, wouldn't you? That's $120,000 per week. I'd own a house in a month. Meanwhile Chicago is paying migrants $9000/month for doing nothing while I, a U.S. Citizen, struggle to get enough self-employment to pay $300 worth of life expenses.

Once again, our government favors the wealthy and powerful at the expense of the poor and needy. It doesn't matter if you're wealthy in the U.S. or another country. And there's nowhere for me to go, really - I was born at the top of the food chain and have to struggle my whole life to make ends meet while a foreigner does work that's half as valuable as mine for a small fortune. Some privilege I got.

Meanwhile, the migrant also has the advantage of knowing farming, so his position is less economically fragile than mine because his livelihood is based on the amount of arable land available. Mine is much flimsier, subject to my professional reputation and the goodwill of other human beings, not grounded in necessities connected to the soil.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟910,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My experience has been that truly bad situations are difficult to leave. Those that can afford to make said journey are the wealthy and privileged of their respective nations, coming to our shores in search of jobs that pay what amounts to an astronomical fortune back in their home countries, and also looking for handouts from our government.

One U.S. dollar is worth over 200 of Pakistani currency, for example. A minimum wage job here earns them 3000 Pakistani an hour. I sure would like a job that pays me $3000 an hour, wouldn't you? That's $120,000 per week. I'd own a house in a month. Meanwhile Chicago is paying migrants $9000/month for doing nothing while I, a U.S. Citizen, struggle to get enough self-employment to pay $300 worth of life expenses.

Once again, our government favors the wealthy and powerful at the expense of the poor and needy. It doesn't matter if you're wealthy in the U.S. or another country. And there's nowhere for me to go, really - I was born at the top of the food chain and have to struggle my whole life to make ends meet while a foreigner does work that's half as valuable as mine for a small fortune. Some privilege I got.

Meanwhile, the migrant also has the advantage of knowing farming, so his position is less economically fragile than mine because his livelihood is based on the amount of arable land available. Mine is much flimsier, subject to my professional reputation and the goodwill of other human beings, not grounded in necessities connected to the soil.
If they are truly wealthy and privileged why are they leaving and why crossing inhospitable deserts and jungles, or open water in improvised or overcrowded watercraft?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If they are truly wealthy and privileged why are they leaving and why crossing inhospitable deserts and jungles, or open water in improvised or overcrowded watercraft?
You may as well ask why people in Japan work 80-hour weeks and neglect their families. People will do anything for more money.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess it could be shocking to see how the far-right echo chamber is viewed from people not tricked by it.
We've been hearing for years (when there's a Dem in office) about "single military aged men" for years from the Conservisphere. It seems they can't understand that we're not impressed by the fetishized phrases.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Put this in a newspaper and it's could have been written in 1965, 1935 or 1885.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, the video clip shows them (at the 1 sec mark) stepping over what appears to be a sawed off stump of a bollard. These are not the most masculine young men...

View attachment 340093

Yes, at this moment this is the bestest, most seriousest reply I can manage, okay?
>> Fox footage showed that, as of Tuesday morning, hundreds of single military-age men camped out against the border wall waiting to be processed into the U.S, and not a single woman or child among them. <<

Hey! Fox News! I think we found not just one woman, but two.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0