desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The peace usually comes when you stop fighting the sin and hand it over to God to deal with. Pray for God to handle things and admit to him you can't do it alone. Then relax and do your best to avoid sin. Realize for many of us staying out of sin is a two steps up one step back thing where we gradually improve ourselves, don't try to change everything overnight. Just pray alot and try to stay away from things that you associate with falling into sin, triggers.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ananar23 said:
Okay, but what if you dont know what love feels like? I have a feeling that this might hinder ones progress.
Love as it applies to romance is unconditional positive regard coupled with attraction. If someone always puts your needs before theirs when they do things, they love you. If they do not do this and they say they love you they are probably lieing. If someone says they love you and want you to do something you know is wrong they are probably trying to use you and lieing, you should stay away from people like this.

Upvote 0

Super Gnat

Take my hand, precious Lord, and lead me home
Sep 15, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio--Go Cavs!
Visit site
✟16,409.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ananar23 said:
Okay, but what if you dont know what love feels like? I have a feeling that this might hinder ones progress.
You may not know what it feels like, but the Bible tells us what it is and what it does.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.
1 Cor. 13:4-8
God bless, hon.

Reactions: ananar23
Upvote 0

Cozmo

Actively seek a living relationship with Him
Dec 22, 2003
Texas
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ananar23, the best advice I can give you is to spend some quality "quiet time" with God everyday. Away from absolutely anything that can and will distract you. You're right, nobody in the world and on this board is worthy to be saved. It's God's gift for those that believe in Him and repent. Once you accept Him into your heart and life, have faith in Him and accept His grace. It's not necessarily an easy road at times because, obviously, sin will tempt us from all directions, but God will give you grace and strength to overcome those obstacles. However, if there are things in your way that make you weak, you really want to start avoiding them. Meditate on the word of God everyday. Why? Here... I'll tell you a secret that I should shout from the rooftops... the whole battle is in your mind. Your thought processes... the way you think about things, what you occupy your mind with becomes your primary focus in life. Once you start meditating on the word of God, it'll occupy your mind and you'll see the way you think will change. With the way you think changing, you'll see the way you respond to things around you will change too and you'll become stronger.

Quiet time
Read the Bible (I recommend "The Message". Personally, I switch between The Message, NKJV and Amplified all the time)
Meditate on his Word

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5 NKJV

:angel:

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being a Christian is a growing process. To be honest, I don't think while we are present on this earth that we will ever stop growing spiritually. God will continually work on us and mold us into the creatures that He wants us to be. In order to understand the ways of God, and what He expects from us, we must learn of Him, and get to know in personally. We do this by reading and studying the Bible, and praying to Him, just talking to God. Sometimes, I think we get the impression that we have to be all religous. By that I mean, giving this big prayers. However, we just need to Humble ourselves and talk to God.

Something that I have started doing is keeping a prayer journal. I highly recommend this. Also listen to as many preachers and teachers as you can, and read books by Christian authors on issues that you are facing in your life.

Upvote 0