stress and anger from ongoing bullying situation?

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am currently dealing with an bullying situation that has gone on for at least a year.

there is not end in sight.

I tried to be nice, it doesn't work, the bullies only up their ante.

I tried to forgive, but since the situation is on going, I am just tired of bending and kowtowing and appeasing those bullies in fear of retaliation.

it is like someone is beating you up, you try to be nice, but they just get more blatant.

I don't how to handle it, but I am exhausted and I am sick of forgiving , I am sick of no change.....

I don't know.....

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom 12:17-21 KJV
(17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
(18) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

minister to them; when they see that they have no power to steal your joy and inspire fear in you, they'll lose interest - and may even want to know where you get that supernatural strength and joy and selflessness...:)

Upvote 0

yuppers

Mar 25, 2014
Alberta
✟41,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As Christians yes we are not supposed to retaliate evil for evil. This situation is different though. Don't take the bible out of context. If your getting bullied the bible doesn't mean don't do anything about it and keep quiet. I'll suggest something to you that will probably go against everything you want to do. I think if you build up enough courage in yourself to actually do it this might help. Next time this person is bullying you go up to them, raise your voice and just say HEY, BACK OFF OK. Then just turn around and walk away. This person is probably bullying you because your passively letting them. Don't be passive anymore and stand up for yourself. I will pray that God gives you strength to stand up, and clear judgement.

Upvote 0

Cloture

Jul 20, 2015
a city by the sea
✟8,092.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Traveler,

Could you give us more info about the situation? Is this at work? School? Within your family? Your neighborhood? Do you mean bullying as in people yelling at you or physically touching you, or do you mean a mental process of them plotting to keep you oppressed?

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a bit difficult to advise without more details; however, here are a few points.

I Thessalonians 5 tells instructs us to "see that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. " Certainly, do not stoop to their level and do not compromise your Christian values. Do not seek revenge and be ready to forgive.

However, aside from this, I think this is a difficult situation. Think about what response will prove the best witness for Christ. Perhaps it may be standing up to the bullies in some fashion. Show them that you do not fear man, but rather it is your values that prevent retaliation. Perhaps boldly profess the Christian message to them, condemning their actions and declaring their need for a Savior.

Personally, I would recommending praying for and seeking peace and joy. The bullies are likely trying to get a response from you, if you are able to maintain peace and joy in the midst of such persecution, I think the bullies may lose interest or even be prompted to questioning what you makes you "different" than any other "victims" they may have. Remember, it takes more strength to turn the other cheek.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A problem situation tends to involve fierce emotions of protest, almost very dis-organized thoughts can dominate one's mind, choosing only the best solution that fits only one's own decision, leaving no room to share anyone's decision in the process of a solving a wretched problem that seems to go on continuously:.
Definitely requires Christ's spiritual abundance of peace and joy to tone down or quieten such fierce emotions, so that your intelligent mind that God created can focus on new refreshing ideas and information, especially from the imagination that is responsible for mankind's 21st century modern inventions for our convenience at home, at work, or learning institution (school).;'*';.
I always wonder what our positive future will be like when Jesus returns in his Second Coming future victory return and transforms us as new brothers and sisters of Christ with new genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ, so that we can communicate intelligently and become solution-solving pioneers, especially in business (work/employment) and recreation (hobbies/sports/athletic challenges) activities.;'*';.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You can not be nice with bullying! You have to be polite but firm, standing your ground, at the same time. The bully does not understand being nice. He is there to cause you pain, and that is it, because when he sees you are suffering, that is giving him pleasure.

One way to deal with it, is to completely ignore, them, do not answer their questions, do not make an eye contact with them, do not talk to them, do not respond to them! That way, you do not allow the bullying to affect you, or to have any result in your life. The bully will see, that their comments or actions, do not have an effect on you, and do not produce results, so they will likely give up on bullying you.

And first of all, God can deliver you from any bullying, just trust him and believe his Word;

Psalm 34, Psalm 37:28, 39, Psalm 121, Psalm 40:11,12, Psalm 18, Psalm 31, Psalm 54, Psalm 55, Psalm 56, Psalm 57, Psalm 59,Psalm 91:14,15, Psalm 27:5, 12, Psalm 41:2, John 17:15, Psalm 130:7, 2 Timothy 4:18, 1 Corinthians 13:7, Psalm 145:20, Romans 15:31, Psalm 127:1, Psalm 69:13-17, Psalm 109:26, Psalm 116:3-9, 2 Thessalonians 3:2,3, Psalm 121:5-8, Psalm 124:6, Psalm 144:2, Psalm 138:7, Psalm 140:1-7

Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I am currently dealing with an bullying situation that has gone on for at least a year.

there is not end in sight.

I tried to be nice, it doesn't work, the bullies only up their ante.

I tried to forgive, but since the situation is on going, I am just tired of bending and kowtowing and appeasing those bullies in fear of retaliation.

it is like someone is beating you up, you try to be nice, but they just get more blatant.

I don't how to handle it, but I am exhausted and I am sick of forgiving , I am sick of no change.....

I don't know.....

Stop hating the bullies and stop trying to show them they can upset you.
look at it as it was funny, in reality bullies are weak and do it to get your goat.
They think it makes them bigger than they feel inside so they find someone who is weaker then them, but they are only fooling themselves.
Show them it doesnt bother you and they will stop, they are only trying to get your goat.
laugh it off knowing what you know that they are weak individuals.
Madera

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good advise. Very difficult to impliment.
I was raised by a very cruel father who beat me and a younger brother often and he would not allow us to raise our fists. We were forced to hold our hands at the side of our hips as he punched us in the face. I cannot even begin to describe some of the abuse nor would you be likely to believe me.
Suffice to say I know the pain if being bullied. His abuse placed a target in our backs, so to speak, and I have been bullied for my entire 65 years and I am ashamed to even write about it. My brother had an even harder time dealing with this and at age 56 he died of an overdose. The pain was just too much. What I wouldn't give to be able to spend some time talking with him. We shared a common symptom....panic attacks. Nothing more frightening.
Bullies just seem to know who is easy pickens.
I wish I had an answer for you but all I have to offer is what little comfort knowing there's someone else out there that struggles with the same torment. Please feel free to contact me via private conversation. I may be of no help but sometimes it just helps to talk to someone who knows. Bill

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hello

sorry it takes me so long to update

as some of you may know, I have mental health issues, so stress get to me easily...

anyway, here is the situation

I am currently living with my parents due to financial issues.

my parents have other boarders staying with them,those boarders are all Asians, 3 of them are from the same country, the other boy is also from a fairly similar culture.

anyway, one of the girls that recently left was pulling some bullying tactics for a long time while she lived with us.

she would stomp around the house in the loudest manner, on purpose and bang her door in a similar manner

she was like the head of the mean girl pack

she left recently, but there is still this boy who are still left behind ( he is from the same country) and he would constantly do things just to get on my nerve.....

here is the issue

I cant ask my parents to tell them to move, because they are all from the same country, and they could up the ante together.

by law, we have to give them two weeks notice

my parents property is on a corner of a road, it is kind of vulnerable to retaliation.

most of those boarders are only in NZ temporarily, so they will go back to their own country, so I feel if they wanted to, they might do something to our property just before they leave, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
most of those boarders are only in NZ temporarily, so they will go back to their own country, so I feel if they wanted to, they might do something to our property just before they leave, and there is nothing we can do about it.

As we say in the USA, "Call the cops!" In other words, invite authorities to come to the home and look into the issues. Get a restraining order. Whatever you do, do it legally.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

When I was in Chicago, yes in the heavy corruption days, my parents had a business and we were Catholic and from a small town, known for its friendliness and also I was from a part of The United States that is also known for it's friendliness. Our store was also known for it's friendliness, and that attracted an enormous amount of business. The low prices didn't hurt either. That last part is also my mom's idea.

The Chicago police department, came in frequently. They became my close friends. I and the police are close friends to this day.

Those cops, while I was in High School told us not only how to handle things, but told us how they handled things. You are in my situation. You are like me. Now a days, combat guys and I get along famously. We are actually all in the same trade.

That trade is to uphold goodness, without getting anyone else hurt if possible. Remember Biblically, Romans 13:1-5 is there, and that is how God expects us to act also. The Bible and understaning God, is not with only one phrase Biblically. It is to know all the phrases on a subject.

Get help by talking to the police and others.

The Police have ways, if possilbe to deal with those types. Other landlords do also. I cannot tell you on an open forum, and I cannot normally say to some one who is young, what is done to keep the public safe. I cannot. Well, I will say this much. Ask for help.

Once, I did not ask for help, on an issue. The woman was later killed by her husband. The next time that happened, I was on the phone. I had promised this woman that I would say nothing. The situation got worse. I made an emergency call to a Psychologist. He took the call. He advised me.

I am going to lose a friend for life over this.

I had been on the phone all morning with her local police department, setting up an appointment for her. One of my workmates told me she had blood showing through her sweater. He asked her about it. She said her husband beats her.

Somehow, with all that Chicago, San Jose California, Corvallis Oregon and Midland Michigan experience under my belt. I am talking with her, and she forced me to not tell anyone by a promise. I gaver her that.

After finding out why the police had not helped her before, (She did not know who to go to and went to the wrong police department, without jurisdiction. Sure they should have made contacts for her, maybe they did. She is not going to keep her appiontment. So, that may have happened with them also.), I called the right police department and arranged with her, to be there at 2:00, in the afternoon.

I called. She went home early. That with her husband puts her in jeopardy. (Remember God makes the laws for Governments also, according to Romans 13:1-5, and we are to follow those laws also.) When I called the police department to check on her, I became very worried that she did not show.

Soon, I don't know what to do. I called a service. It is the Psychogical help line at work. We will give you an appointment they said. I said no, I need someone now. Quickly that day, some one came on line, phone wise. I talk to him. He says this to me: It would be unconscionable to not call the police. You can do it anonymously. Tell them you are afraid for her life.

With that police department, I was only talking to one person there. I made the phone call, I said this is anonymous, I am afraid for here life.

They took care of it appropriately. The situation is totally fine today. They also did not tell her who made the phone call. I though in two days confessed. I told her it was me. She said she did not care. I though cared much. I broke a promise, and it was for that reason, that I could not be her life long friend.

There is much more I can tell you, to help you in the future, if I knew more about you. Remember, Jesus is ~infinitely infinitely infinitely and then some Tender and He is mild~, yet some of the time, even, He has had to, or His Dad has had to hurt the guilty who would not stop hurting the innocent. Read all of Proverbs, but in easy to read form.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
P.S. This is a start. All the small police women in our town take specialized training so they are not victims of combat. The large women take that also. Much confidence comes from that, in confrontations. They know what they can do. The bad guys do not. If they are pressed, the bad guys find out. They take that though, from a standard martial arts instructor, for civilians.

The police department here, merely picks who they are to go to.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you told your parents about this bullying?

yes, my parents know about it.

they are super nice, who always see the best in others.

I will try to find out what police can do

the problem is proving it

they are a "gang"

so they might back each other up and may even use that tongue of theirs to throw mud in me and my parents direction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As we say in the USA, "Call the cops!" In other words, invite authorities to come to the home and look into the issues. Get a restraining order. Whatever you do, do it legally.
Call the cops because someone is getting on his nerves?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

they are a "gang"

so they might back each other up and may even use that tongue of theirs to throw mud in me and my parents direction.
What do you mean they are a gang?

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean they are a gang?

gang, as in bunch of nasty human beings who are emboldens in their sins because they have the number

the very same kind of people mentioned in Psalms

people who think there is no God, and think they can mock others

I know it is not Christ like for me to say this, as I am full of resentment right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gang, as in bunch of nasty human beings who are emboldens in their sins because they have the number

the very same kind of people mentioned in Psalms

people who think there is no God, and think they can mock others

I know it is not Christ like for me to say this, as I am full of resentment right now.

but I hope God destroys them, just to wipe that ugly smirk off their face.

You may want to call your Department of Human Services. They can direct you to the proper assistance, even intervention in an unsafe environment. Don't resort to violence, whatever you do.

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I question the advices given around here. It's more like people telling the writer what they want to hear instead of what's best for them. Makes me wonder their motives if they're doing this to gain a "like" on their post.

as some of you may know, I have mental health issues, so stress get to me easily...

she left recently, but there is still this boy who are still left behind ( he is from the same country) and he would constantly do things just to get on my nerve.....

To resolve this, the answer is easy. If you wanna do it God's way, make friends with them. Offer them your friendship then watch them change.

Matthew 5:21-26 GNT
21 "You have heard that people were told in the past, "Do not commit murder; anyone who does will be brought to trial.' 22 But now I tell you: if you are angry with your brother you will be brought to trial, if you call your brother "You good-for-nothing!' you will be brought before the Council, and if you call your brother a worthless fool you will be in danger of going to the fire of hell. 23 So if you are about to offer your gift to God at the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar, go at once and make peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift to God.

25 "If someone brings a lawsuit against you and takes you to court, settle the dispute while there is time, before you get to court. Once you are there, you will be turned over to the judge, who will hand you over to the police, and you will be put in jail. 26 There you will stay, I tell you, until you pay the last penny of your fine.

Matthew 5:43-44 GNT
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your friends, hate your enemies.’ 44 But now I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

If you wanna do it the carnal way by taking it up with the authorities, this is what the bible say.

1 Corinthians 6:1-7 GNT
1 If any of you have a dispute with another Christian, how dare you go before heathen judges instead of letting God's people settle the matter? 2 Don't you know that God's people will judge the world? Well, then, if you are to judge the world, aren't you capable of judging small matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge the angels? How much more, then, the things of this life! 4 If such matters come up, are you going to take them to be settled by people who have no standing in the church? 5 Shame on you! Surely there is at least one wise person in your fellowship who can settle a dispute between fellow Christians. 6 Instead, one Christian goes to court against another and lets unbelievers judge the case!

7 The very fact that you have legal disputes among yourselves shows that you have failed completely. Would it not be better for you to be wronged? Would it not be better for you to be robbed?

they are a "gang"

Are they behaving badly around your parents too or only around you? Retaliation is not the best approach. Have you offered to make friends with them yet?

One final question. Concerning your mental illness, do you know if he is deliberately trying to annoy you, and if so, why? Or is it your illness overreacting causing you stress?

The only way to find out is to make friends by talking to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0