• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

still hard for me

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How has it changed for you? I certainly can see a difference in my life from when it started, and now, but I can't quantify whether that difference is from my Christian university, or because of therapy, or because I can deal with issues better, etc...

How has it gotten better, and as it's still a struggle, how have your primary issues with depression changed?

Sorry if I sound like I'm grilling you. I'm just in that space between "bad when I was younger," and "not as bad" now and I'd be interested in what I MIGHT be in for.

Upvote 0

hischildsindik

Freckles
Jan 18, 2004
Iowa, USA
Visit site
✟16,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know I battle with it. Constantly so it seems lately. I'm taking anti-depressants and it seems as if they aren't working or I'm just in the way. I don't like saying it, but I hate my life. Everything I want in life is so far away, it's not even funny. How do you reconcile that God is a good God and desires only good things for us, when life is not that? I know it is humanity and choices, aka free will. I just wish I could go home... Heaven.

Upvote 0

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
I have to be one that believes that if we are in depression it is because some part of our life is not lining up with where God wants us to be. I fell real close to depression when my wife left me 11 months ago and started an affair. I felt worthless, not wanting to work or be around anyone.
What I choose to do though was to quit worshiping the woman I lost and loved and started to worship God only. Only then did I start to see God working in my life and giving me the gifts of the spirit as peace and joy. A great book to read is The battle belongs to the Lord by Joyce Meyer. I read the book twice and it makes it clear what God wants of us when we are troubled. (Worship Him)
It may be a lonely life right now but you have to seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God. First, not after you dwell on the flesh for days weeks or months.
Submit to the Lord with all your heart, Ask Him to forgive you, heal you, and use you for what He created you for. Aline your everyday living with The Word. Remember He called on us, so He has a first class plan for each of us. All we need to do is stay close to Him and He will direct our paths.
Depression is of the world and Christ overcame the world so that we may also overcome.
I will be praying for you.
TJ

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tom said:
depression is still hard for me but not as bad as it was when i was younger many many yars ago.

Depression can be awful. My wife is sometimes depressed; I generally just take over household chores for a week or two in mid-winter.

Upvote 0