Stakes in US Mid-Term Election: Peace/Jobs/Natural Family, or War/Poverty/Gene Manip+ ?

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It is funny. I have been alive for 47 ish years and have never noticed how the country shifts from an economic superpower respected throughout the world with golden streets becoming a third world hovel with rampant crime and unemployment despised by the world depending on which party has control.

On a State level, I moved to Michigan when there was a Democratic Governor. Nothing got done and the Republicans promised to make changes that Michigan needed. Eight years ago we elected a Republican to Make Michigan Great Again. After eight years, Michigan still looks the same. Roads are horrible, schools need more money, no real jobs (no offence to the Pizza Hut and Wal-Mart employees who have to work two or more jobs to survive), basically, nothing got done. Today we get to pick a new Governor to get things done, but I am skeptical that anything will change.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,170,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
--------------------------------------------

= OK for that Principle, Dear Halbhh.
But, I don't like to leave God "alone", whenever it becomes tough...
Remember what Christ has said about "Building (his) Church with a (special) <<Rock>>" ?

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matthew 7 ESV

His words to us in the Sermon on the Mount, that we love others well, be humble, and seek God and to do His will -- "love one another as I have loved you".

Anything else that is not the hearing and doing of His words to us is "sand", He says to you and me. Building on anything else (individually) will lead to destruction.

To be on the rock and have assurance against the storms that will come, we must hear and do His words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
Technocrats don't like natural births because they don't want humans to be independent?
-------------------

Please, don't Distord !
We said, in substance, that, with New Technologies of "Gene Editing", etc., there is a RISK for SOME selfish Technocrats to seize Power on many Artificial Procreations of Human Beings, seeking to Dominate the Reproduction of Humans, in order to serve their selfish Interests, (f.ex. by fabricating very UnEqual Beings, eventually even Different Races, or Chimeras, making "Experiments" on Humans, etc). Many Famous Writers, such as, f.ex., Aldus Huxley, HG. Wells, Zamyatin, etc., have already Published various Warnings and Denounced such Risks, since a long time ago...

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.......

26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. ....

To be on the rock and have assurance against the storms that will come, we must hear and do His words.
------------------

=> We are OK with that, Dear Halbhh. Thanks !

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-------------------
Could be, or might be crafted. Say "precariousness", if you prefer. Substance is obviously the same. The fact is that I have 3 Nights without Time to Sleep, dear JackRT. => In such circumstances you forget even the name of your brother !
One who has no time for sleep needs to stay off CF and other social media, IMO.

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
Again, this weird capitalization is very distracting. Are the upper case letters supposed to be put into our secret decoder rings so we can win a special prize or something?
--------------------------------------

=> You don't like the Holy BIBLE ?!...

Bible Text, with Capital Letters.jpg

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,211,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to regret this but here I go.

The Ukranian Conflict, which brought Tanks and Military Airplanes bombing, Destroying and Killing even Civilian People in the middle of Europe, for the 1st Time since 2nd World War...

However, for the Solution of the Korean Nuclear Arms' problem, these 11/2018 USA "Mi-Term" Elections are of Crucial Importance, (for the Above-mentioned practical and Urgent reasons).

As the current president isn't going to congress for any of this foreign policy actions, not even so much as using the authorization of force fig leaf when he bombed Syria, what does it matter who controls the chamber?

- Second, but obviously Important, point : Trump has managed to Start Ameliorating the situation of USA's Economy :

Indeed, among others, UnEmployment has Fallen Down to what it had been Back in the ...Sixties ! (i.e. on 1969, with Only 3,7% of Demands). Wages started recently to Grow (including the Last 5 Dates) more than what they were 9 or 10 Years Ago, i.e. before the latest Global Crisis. Stock Markets are reportedly Thriving. And US Growth has already reached +4,2%.

That's even Better than EU's Strongest and Biggest National Economy : that of Germany's. And it could and would become Better, if some Remnants of the Past, Barack Hussein Obama's nominees, had not remained in office, Scandalously attempting to Undermine the New US President Don Trump's work, f.ex by imposing Too High Interest Rates, as a Federal Reseve apointee has recently done several times, contrary to Facilities attributed in the Past to Obama, provoking now heavy Criticism)...

Yeah, no. The president is not to be given credit for being in office while trends that started years ago continue.

I have yet to see him put forward a single policy that I consider beneficial in the long term especial with the drastic increase in the deficit and the trade wars he seems to start on a whim.

- Last, but not least, even without taking yet any really Spectacular Measure, Trump seems to have now Made the necessary Preparations, allowing him to eventually Start, from Now on, some Interesting Moves on Topical BioEthical Issues, "Burning", until recently, Both in the US and in several EU Countries, often Imposed by Barack Hussein Obama against most People's will, (as, fex., the Controversial and UnPopular "Same Sex Marriage", the "Adoption" of Children by Homosexual couples, or Genetic Manipulations of Human Embros, etc).

Which actions specifically are you talking about? Same sex marriage is still present in all 50 states and gay adoptions continue.

First of all, Obama's scandalous Pressure, even on many Foreign Countries, in Europe and accross the World, (including Poor ones, f.ex. in Africa, etc), in order to Impose his "Same Sex Marriage", etc., has Nowadays Stopped.

I know, it's so much better now that we have places like Tanzania hunting down suspected homosexuals...

F.ex., this might, perhaps, include also the notorious 2015 Ruling which Imposed the recognition of "Same Sex Marriage", between Homosexuals, with Only 1 Vote Difference (sic !), in the Case of "Obergefell v. Hodges", against which strongly fought the late Judge Antonin Scalia, who Curiously was found Dead soon afterwards.

Eight months afterwards and there is very little suspicious about the death of a 79 year old man with a history of heart problems. Also what good would it do to kill him after the ruling is over with?

Indeed, in Addition to Scalia's own Legal Criticism, it's also a Fact that, then, around 31 Federated States were in the process of Adopting Popular Referenda, or Laws, Constitutional Reforms, etc, in order to Safeguard Explicily the Traditional Marriage, and the Natural Family, between a Man and a Woman, (which is the Only Able to give way to Natural Births, Contrary to "Same Sex Marriage", which incites Homosexuals to Seek various Artificial Births of Human Beings via several Technologies, that can be Controlled and/or Manipulated by some Shady Technocratic Lobbies, with obvious Dangers for all Humanity). Therefore, a crystal-clear Absolute Majority of American People had Already Expressed, Democraticaly, their Opposition to that Controversial and UnPopular Measure, Imposed by Obama's Cronies, so that it could and should be Easily Changed, with a brand New Judgement by USA's Supreme Court, in the foreseable Future.

Yeah, hate to rain on your parade but I very much doubt that the court will reverse the ruling.

+ Moreover, shortly Afterwards (from 2016), it was clearly Revealed that with the New Technology of Gene Editing,"CRISP"+, it has Become Possible, for the 1st Time in History, to Easily Modify, Change and Manipulate, more or less, almost all Human Genome, on Embryos, Before they are born : Given the Obvious Risks for Humanity in case of Abuse of such Gene-Editing Technique, this is an Important "New Fact", which has made that Controversial USA Supreme Court's 2015 Ruling seriously and Dangerously OutDated... So that, Nowadays, an adequate UpDate has become Necessary.

What do you think the court has to do with this technology?

For those Pragmatic purposes, aiming to Protect Freedoms, Children and Humanity, there is ab Utapped Potential of many American People Motivated to Vote in order to Protect Natural Family and, therefore, Natural Births, and thus all Humankind, from Risks of Shady Technocratic Lobbies, with selfish Interests, to eventually Manipulate and Exploit Homosexuals in order to get Control over Massive Artificial Births of Human Beings in the forseable Future, provoking obvious Dangers against Humanity, (given, particularly, the Recent "Boom" of various "Gene-Editing" Techniques, too easy to Abuse in order to Manipulate the Genome of Human Embryos produced Artificially)...

---------------------------------------------------

I can't really parse that mound of word salad. What are you trying to say?

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
It is funny. I have been alive for 47 ish years and have never noticed how the country shifts from an economic superpower respected throughout the world with golden streets becoming a third world hovel with rampant crime and unemployment despised by the world depending on which party has control.

On a State level, I moved to Michigan when there was a Democratic Governor. Nothing got done and the Republicans promised to make changes that Michigan needed. Eight years ago we elected a Republican to Make Michigan Great Again. After eight years, Michigan still looks the same. Roads are horrible, schools need more money, no real jobs (no offence to the Pizza Hut and Wal-Mart employees who have to work two or more jobs to survive), basically, nothing got done. Today we get to pick a new Governor to get things done, but I am skeptical that anything will change.
--------------------------------
It's true, dear Aryeh Jay, that a kind of "Uni-Party" exists, both in the US, and elsewhere, in this world...

And when it's excessive, this must Change.

However, Nowadays, we observe several Key Differences, between the Barack Hussein Obama, and the Don Trump Administrations :

F.ex., among various others, Trump does Not exert systematic Pressure upon Foreign (even Poor African) Countries in order to Oblige them to import that unpopular "Same Sex Marriage", including "Adoptions" of Children by Homosexuals, etc, as Obama did in the Past...

Hopefully, he does not give Arms to Islamist Terrorists abroad, and Fought much more Efficiently against ISIS, (etc), marking a strong Difference compared to Barack Hussein Obama.

Don Trump seems ready to start Fixing at least the basics of the Economy, and Ready to solve the dangerous Korean Nuclear Arms problem, (etc).

He speaks very much against Bureaucracy and a corrupt Establishment, etc., (while a "Deep State" obviously strives to Undemine him, with exces and by abusing of any hollow pretext)...

=> so let us GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO PROVE WHAT HE CAN DO !

Afterwards, the American People will be able to Judge, (f.ex. on 2020+).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to regret this but here I go.

As the current president isn't going to congress for any of this foreign policy actions, not even so much as using the authorization of force fig leaf when he bombed Syria, what does it matter who controls the chamber?

Yeah, no. The president is not to be given credit for being in office while trends that started years ago continue.

I have yet to see him put forward a single policy that I consider beneficial in the long term especial with the drastic increase in the deficit and the trade wars he seems to start on a whim.

Which actions specifically are you talking about? Same sex marriage is still present in all 50 states and gay adoptions continue.

I know, it's so much better now that we have places like Tanzania hunting down suspected homosexuals...

Eight months afterwards and there is very little suspicious about the death of a 79 year old man with a history of heart problems. Also what good would it do to kill him after the ruling is over with?

Yeah, hate to rain on your parade but I very much doubt that the court will reverse the ruling.

What do you think the court has to do with this technology?

You should hate yourself by now.:ebil:

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,211,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
--------------------------
However, Nowadays, we observe several Key Differences, between the Barack Hussein Obama, and the Don Trump Administrations

Why are you calling the former president by his full name and not even using the entirety of the current presidents first name when referring to him?

=> so let us GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO PROVE WHAT HE CAN DO !

Afterwards, the American People will be able to Judge, (f.ex. on 2020+).
He's not on the ballot this election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟499,125.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why are you calling the former president by his full name and not even using the entirety of the current presidents first name when referring to him?
Pretty disrespectfull.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,211,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yup. Gay marriage is slowing being tolerated, even by conservatives.
I'm not going to pretend that I have any real depth of understanding when it comes to the SCOTUS but I don't know of any major ruling such as Obergefell coming down and then being overturned in such short order. If someone has an example of that I would be interested.

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
... As the current president isn't going to congress for any of this foreign policy actions, not even so much as using the authorization of force fig leaf when he bombed Syria, what does it matter who controls the chamber?

On the Contrary, we explained in extenso (See above) that the Solution to the Korean Nuclear Arms Problem needs, inter alia, also a Treaty of Security Guarantees for PyongYang, and, therefore, these Mid-Term Elections to US Congress and Senate are of Crucial Importance for Peace nowadays.
-----------------------

Desk trauma said:
Yeah, no. The president is not to be given credit for being in office while trends that started years ago continue....
------------------------------

Obama had about 10 Years' Time, and did Not manage to Reach not even the First Economic Results that Trump has got in Less than 2 Years !

-------------------------------

Desk trauma said:
------------------------------------

What you said was Imposed by a controversial Ruling of the Supreme Court on 2015, with Only 1 Vote of difference, after years of Obama's pressure.

Trump has just Changed the Majority of Judges inside the SC, and anything may happen, from now on.

(Meanwhile, various Measures for respect of People's Beliefs have evolved, f.ex. on Refusals by Craftsmen to do anything that Homosexual Couples demand, and/or by Childrens' Placement Organisations to give a child to Homosexuals, etc).

It's obvious that there is not yet sufficient Change on BioEthics, but this will be a Crucial Test for the Popularity of Trump in the foreseable Future, and for his Electoral Success or Failure : Either he will use that Big Potential of People's Votes, and he shall Win, (as GWBush did on 2005 and Trump himself on 2016), or not.
----------------------

Desk trauma said:
...I very much doubt that the court will reverse the ruling.
---------------------------------

We shall see... It can be that, and/or a Constitutional Amendment, voted by Congress/Senate (and/or a Referendum).
---------------------------------------------

Desk trauma said:
----------------------------

Judge Scalia notoriously was a very Active Dissident, Fighting against that Controversial SC Ruling of 2015, (with Only 1 Vote more) that he had Denounced as a "Putsch" !

As for Many People's Doubts about his sudden Death, and their Calls for a Full, Transparent, and Efficient Investigation, you can ask them...

Desk trauma said:
What do you think the court has to do with this technology?.

It obviously opened a large area for possible applications on thousands of eventual demands by Homosexual Couples, (incited to use Artificial Methods of Technologically obtained Births, because of their Infertility).

Moreover, the Timing of that controversial Ruling, almost Coincided with the emergence of that Technology : 2015 - 2016.

Desk trauma said:
------------------------

The Freedom of Homosexual Individuals to do what they like in their Private Lives, has Nothing to do with what we are Focusing on here. On the Contrary, Homosexuals could even be the First Victims of eventual Abuses by the above-mentioned Risk for a selfish Lobby of Technocrats to seize Power over Artificial Reproductions of Human Beings (Comp. above).
---------------------------------------

-------------------------------

That Many People are ready to Vote for Policies able to Protect Humanity from obvious Risks of possible Genetic Manipulations on Human Embryos Artificially produced through such Controversial Technologies (Gene Editing, etc), if they are Multiplied in order to "supply" with Children more and more Homosexuals via Same Sex Marriages, (Comp. Supra).

It's very probable, that Trump's final Win, will be obtained, or not, according to whether he will really use that Popular Potential, (as GWBush did on 2005), or not.

=> This is a Big Issue.

Upvote 0