WI
✟136,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whew, Titus 3:1-11 is a good passage for all of us to follow. In summary, Titus 3 tells us to make peace with each other. Also, happy Star Wars day, folks.

Date
May 4, 2024​
Verse
Titus 3:1-11 (NIV): "Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned."​
Explanation
Titus 3:1-11 is a passage from the New Testament book of Titus, written by the apostle Paul to encourage the early Christian community in Crete to live in harmony with the non-believers in their society and with each other. The passage emphasizes the importance of being obedient to authorities, doing good works, speaking evil of no one, and maintaining peace and humility.

Now, let's use a Star Wars analogy to help illustrate this concept. In the Star Wars universe, the Galactic Empire can be seen as an authority figure, representing the governing body with rules and regulations that must be obeyed. As believers in Christ, we are called to be good citizens of the world around us, just as the New Republic in Star Wars sought to bring peace and justice to the galaxy by signing a peace treaty in 5 ABY (The Galactic Concordance) with the last remnants of the Empire.​
Societal Relevance
This passage is still relevant to us in modern society as we continue to live in a world with various forms of authority, from government leaders to employers and community rules. The passage calls us to respect and obey these authorities, while also striving to do good works and spreading ethical Christian teachings.

To avoid contentions and still help spread ethical Christian teachings, we can follow the example of Christ and practice love, humility, and peace. We can engage in respectful dialogue with those who hold different viewpoints, seeking to understand their perspectives while also sharing our own. We can also focus on the common ground we share as human beings, rather than our differences. By living out the teachings of Jesus, we can be a positive influence in our communities and help bring about positive change.
Additionally, we can avoid getting drawn into divisive disputes, unfounded speculations, and wars about the law. Instead, we can focus on the essential teachings of the Christian faith and seek to live them out in our daily lives. By doing so, we can help bring unity and harmony, even in the face of disagreements and differences.

In my life, it has been difficult for me to make compromises, until recently, where I have learned how to accept other’s viewpoints better. For instance, on Christian Forums, a wonderful guy by the pseudonym of @Vambram has more of a conservative ideology compared to my own. However, he and I found common ground in the politics sub-forum, as we both are pro-life (except when mother and fetus are both at risk of dying), we both enjoy Star Trek (as his profile includes the Federation ship, the USS Defiant in the background of his avatar), and we both support environmental stewardship as long as it does not come at the expense of other people or involve exploitative practices.

Reactions: HopeSings