Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I'm off to pack up some stuff in the car and then off to pick up our Reader whose car broke down and then to church... and I'll be at church an hour early. :sleep:... and losing an hour sleep in the process. Tonight I'm going to be out like a trout reaaaal early.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone! :wave:

Upvote 0

Stephanida

Unworthy Handmaid of God
Dec 6, 2004
Canada
✟942.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
CA-Liberals
Is there any specific icon that is customary to give to a married couple or is associated with marrige? My friend (we are so close we are sisters, I mean she shares a room with me!) is getting married on May 28th. I want to give her something really really special.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Stephanida said:
Is there any specific icon that is customary to give to a married couple or is associated with marrige? My friend (we are so close we are sisters, I mean she shares a room with me!) is getting married on May 28th. I want to give her something really really special.

Sts Joachim and Anna maybe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stephanida said:

The wedding at Cana....

My wife gives one to every newlywed couple.

Forgive me.....

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look what I found at an Estate Sale today...

The lady didn't know what they were....:(

$15 each....
St Genesius is the patron of actors. Supposedly during an entertainment given for Diocletian, he played the part of a Christian being baptized and experienced a real conversion. When he revealed this, he was martyred.

The lady sitting next to her was wearing an Icon of the Theotokos in brass relief.... she didn't know what she was wearing.... just though it was pretty. :sigh:

Forgive me....:liturgy:

Attachments

• estatesale.jpg
    estatesale.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0

Stephanida

Unworthy Handmaid of God
Dec 6, 2004
Canada
✟942.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
CA-Liberals
That is gorgous! I love the cross especially! It is so pretty, so sturdy too! That is what I look for most is sturdy, I am so often holding children that play with my jewlerry or babies that tug on it. That cross is so beautiful though. I love it. A real treasure. So beautiful.

And as for the lady beside you, I have a gold locket with an icon of the Theotokos, and I have had it mentioned that I should take it out and put in a "different picture" *shudder* Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Stephanida said:
Thank you! The wedding is getting so close and I am so not ready for it (stephy is doing lots of goodie making and is in charge of music)

Good morning to all.

Stephanida, there are also Icons that are like a combo. A "family Icon". It will have Christ, the Theotokos and the husband's patron and the wife's patron Saints. Later on, the children's patrons can be added on as well. I was unable to find a picture of an example for you, but I've seen Icons like this at the monastery here in Florida. They are beautiful, but of course take some time to make. Maybe that would be a good 1st anniversary gift....:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.