• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning SRA By My Father & Healing Journey

Mea_kākau

I'm A Work in Progress
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2016
Washington State
✟38,440.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is my fourth post here on Christian Forums. I haven't even written my intro on the forum.

I am a survivor of SRA by my father who was a serial killer. I witnessed, was forced to witness, and forced to participate in what he did. He orally and anally raped me. He dressed and treated me like a boy even though I was a girl. My father forced me to spend time with his friends who were all pedophiles. Some were doctors, dentists, and other professional people. As well my father was heavily involved in fetishes. My abuse started when I was three years old.

I didn't come to accept that my abuse was SRA until I saw my last therapist. My very first therapist told me it was SRA, but I researched that and couldn't fathom that it was true. I didn't remember anything satanic about it. Though three years later when I became a born-again Christian, I discovered problems with demons.

My last therapist told me that the nature of what I witnessed, was forced to witness, and forced to participate in made my abuse SRA. That fact helped me lay many things to rest.

Back in 2011, I reported the details of my abuse to authorities in the state in which it occurred. As far as I know, my father has never been caught. Though in a recent memory I saw the FBI at his house, questioning him about a missing child. I live on the other side of the country from the my father's residence. My father is most likely in his late 70s or early 80s so I'm not too concerned about him coming to get me. Though for years I had nightmares about being kidnapped by him. Part of his ritual included taking me along with him when he kidnapped a homeless child/preteen off the streets.

Twelve years after I became a Christian, I left the church to write about my abuse and work deeper on my healing. During that time, my elaborate system of alters integrated into one person, me. The integration occurred over several years and outside of therapy.

Now thirteen years later, I am finished with therapy. I haven't had a memory surface in months. The only thing I haven't done is to return to a church. Joining this forum is the closest I've come to being part of a church family. I don't think I'm ready to become a member of a physical church family as of yet. There was a lot of church abuse several years before I stopped going to church. My very last experience in church was a positive one. I sensed the Holy Spirit was calling me to write and I followed His lead.

Reactions: KayJoy

His_Delight

Set Free!
Oct 20, 2018
Upstate
✟8,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What an inspiring story to see that it IS possible, as one that is dissociated, to become integrated. Each survivor is different and some take longer than others to fully integrate. I want to encourage you to continue to share your story. Jesus is your Deliverer and Healer! What stands out most with me is that you are determined to pick up your cross and follow Jesus through your healing, and I know it is a high cost for SRA/DID survivors to walk the narrow path of His healing. Continue to trust Him. Continue to lift your eyes to Heaven where Your Redeemer is seated at the right hand of the Father! He is your source of Life. When He is ready, He will show you where you are to be in fellowship, but it must be Him and not what others say, or try to pressure you into. You hear His voice, follow and trust Him. You must be very attentive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and guard yourself from the traditions of man within the church. As you know, this day is dark, and full of deception. Continue to surrender your heart to Him and tune your ear to His still small voice and He will be faithful to lead you. The Lord Jesus Christ bless and keep you always!

Upvote 0