Spiritual warfare prayers/Binding and Loosing Prayers & complete names of demons/devils

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟115,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Also, as Ken Behrens pointed out we're not to post instructions on deliverance.

I don't think I've violated those guidelines but if I have, please delete my posts.

I'm still confused.

Is binding and loosing a deliverance prayer, or just a prayer to keep the evil one away? I am not seeking to cast out demons, rather just keep them away from myself and household.

Also would you be able to pm me the article from jewish perspectives website, it doesn't seem to display the entire version for me.

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
If you are not encountering spirits then you probably don't need to pray specifically, even then can just tell them to go away in Jesus Name whether you know names specifically or not.
Just keep glorifying and obeying God loving Him as the focus of your life as best you can and then it means something if you pray in Jesus Name.
Don't make demons the fof us of your spiritual life or it gets all out of balance and can lose God.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Such things are nonsense.

The Bible never tells us to "bind" or "loose" things. And it certainly never tells us to "bind" or "rebuke" demons or the Devil.

The only time we're told that Christians have the power to bind and loose anything is in the context of church discipline, not prayer or spiritual warfare.

Take it from somebody who was caught up in the WoF movement for years: You're barking up the wrong tree.

I tend to agree.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello friends,

I have been in a Baptist church since I have been saved and would consider myself a cessationist, which is more aligned with reformed Baptist theology.

However I have been watching some very interesting beautiful videos on youtube of an ex-satanist, who got saved named John Ramirez.

I would like to hear from people who use the loosing and binding in prayers. Also how can I have spiritual warfare prayers.

Lastly I would like to have a list of all the demons/devils so I can specially target them in prayer.

Many Blessings,
Andy

I find nothing in the Bible that gives believers the power to bind and loose demons, apart from the work of the Holy Spirit, for the whole church for all time.

The Bible does not list demons/devils other than Lucifer/Satan, and nowhere in the Bible is there precedence for believers to pursue after, or commands to binding demons/devils.

The believer's focus is to be on Christ Jesus, not demons.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟800,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." Matt 10:8 Doing so in the name of Jesus which is important still requires - well, might want to read Acts 19:13-17. Agree that nothing is to be done apart from the leading of The Holy Spirit.

Few examples:
-spirit of infirmity, Luk 13:11
-"The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites." Gen 15:19-21 These names mean lying, fear, selfish ambition, etc.
-spirit of jealousy, Num 5:14
-spirit of divination, Acts 16:16

Yeshua cast out demons such as Matt 8:16 and Mark 5. Also, on one occasion, the disciples couldn't and asks why not? Matt 17:14-21 At another time, they were able to but needed to adjust their words and attitudes. Yeshua said, "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luk 10:20

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." I Cor 2:11 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." I John 4:4 Yes, our focus is to be Yeshua. "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matt 28:18 "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13-14 ++++

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'

I still don't understand what your trying to say...

Are you saying it's dangerous don't do this?
I am saying, "this is dangerous. Don't do this." Not this way. You need the direct connection with God that belief in the continuation of the gifts can bring you into, and even then, it requires some special training. If you wish to protect your family, use this: Col. 1:16 (which is a list of everything in the heavenlies) and John 13:13-14 (whatever you ask in my name....) and simply ask Jesus and trust Him to keep the bad things away. But realize, that this is a step out in faith from what you have been raised in so far, as you can see from the next verses of the John passage. The desire for more faith is why you are attracted to the videos and the thirst for knowledge. Get the knowledge God's way, in the order of 2 Pet. 1:5. If you start with the names, it will pull you into the demonic realm, where sorcerers control demons with the help of other demons. That is the danger.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, as Ken Behrens pointed out we're not to post instructions on deliverance.

I don't think I've violated those guidelines but if I have, please delete my posts.
No one has. One post started getting close. Since the OP asked for such information explicitly, and it is dangerous even for a trained exorcist to know (and I know God has shown each of us some as we have done our ministries), I was trying to head off posting the information until I had time write a more detailed post.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,918.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
'

I still don't understand what your trying to say...

Are you saying it's dangerous don't do this?

Most people don't know that these demons are already inside most people....

In fact hosts of demons already inhabit even Christians. The reason they can't do harm is they lie dormant or neutralized by angels. Otherwise, still present.

So when you speak their names, it can rouse them from a dormant state and even gain power.

Don't bother yourself with demons if there is no need.... The devil approached Jesus and they even have rational conversation. He also had rational talk with a demon called "legion". In many cases, Jesus wasn't harsh with them.

And finally:

Jude 1:9-10
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”[d] 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟115,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am saying, "this is dangerous. Don't do this." Not this way. You need the direct connection with God that belief in the continuation of the gifts can bring you into, and even then, it requires some special training. If you wish to protect your family, use this: Col. 1:16 (which is a list of everything in the heavenlies) and John 13:13-14 (whatever you ask in my name....) and simply ask Jesus and trust Him to keep the bad things away. But realize, that this is a step out in faith from what you have been raised in so far, as you can see from the next verses of the John passage. The desire for more faith is why you are attracted to the videos and the thirst for knowledge. Get the knowledge God's way, in the order of 2 Pet. 1:5. If you start with the names, it will pull you into the demonic realm, where sorcerers control demons with the help of other demons. That is the danger.

Thank you for this.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, let me get at it this way.

Let's say, I have a heated argument with someone.

Would it be useful to pray something of this sort:
a) In the Name of Jesus I bind the spirit of anger
b) In the Name of Jesus I loose the spirit of peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟800,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like what Ken posted #26.

Urge you not to bind the spirit of anger or any other spirit in someone else because of Matt 12:43-45 unless they make that decision AND you're lead by The Holy Spirit to do so. We don't fight against flesh and blood. Instead "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:44 Don't think we need to loose a spirit of peace but certainly asks Yahweh to give them peace.

Know we all view Scripture differently but tried to give Biblical perspective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Such things are nonsense.

The Bible never tells us to "bind" or "loose" things. And it certainly never tells us to "bind" or "rebuke" demons or the Devil.

The only time we're told that Christians have the power to bind and loose anything is in the context of church discipline, not prayer or spiritual warfare.

Take it from somebody who was caught up in the WoF movement for years: You're barking up the wrong tree.

I have studied this subject and the things many learn in WoF and pentacostal circles mainly. In scripture we never see Jesus nor any Apostle actively seeking to engage the enemy. Instead we see the enemy rear his head when the gospel is being preached. Only then do we see Jesus or any Apostle directly address devils and then they simply say come out. I do not see Jesus nor any Apostle picking fights. I think it is a trick of the enemy to engage us on a battlefield we are not called to. We are called to preach the gospel and make disciples, not to go around tearing down strongholds or engaging demons.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just sharing an interesting read hope it helps, God Bless

Can a Christian have a demon?

When I first became involved in exorcisms, I assumed that a Christian was immune from the torment of demons. I based that assumption on the influence of other Christian leaders who convinced me of this. I had perfected the logic explaining my position: "The Holy Spirit and an evil spirit can't dwell in the same vessel." "Light and darkness cannot co-exist." "Those who cast demons out of Christians are making excuses for sin problems." I had given messages to large audiences, boldly declaring that the very idea of a Christian having a demon was heresy. I insisted that Christians claiming to have demons were making excuses for problems of carnality or personal lack of discipline; they were avoiding the tough part of growing in grace and maturing in a deeper understanding of Scripture.

When I began searching the Word of God more diligently about the matter of demons influencing Christians, I discovered that the issue wasn't as conclusive as I had thought. Gradually I understood that my error was based on a narrow understanding of demonic phenomena, and a predetermined reading of Scripture. In my honest moments of contemplation, I realized that those pastors and Bible teachers who had repeatedly reinforced the "Christians can't have a demon" outlook had very little practical experience with the phenomenon. I concluded that, while doctrine is not based on experience, the lack of experiential testimony about such a crucial area of spiritual deliverance was a glaring weakness.

As I began to discuss the subject with others, I learned that theological sentiments are often based on extreme examples. Almost everyone opposed to the idea of Christians having a demon could relate one or more horrific stories about exorcism sessions in which Christians were encouraged to think of their spiritual failures as having a demonic root. They were then told to vomit up demons of everything from morning sickness to nasal congestion-seriously! I had witnessed some of these deliverance sessions. Highly manipulative evangelists preyed on distraught and gullible people who were looking for a quick solution to their spiritual and physical misery. I have since learned the simple truth that when you belong to God, what Satan cannot invade is your spirit. The moment a person is born into the kingdom of God by faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9), the spirit is eternally reborn and belongs to God. Jesus declared in John 10:28 that no one has the power to "snatch" us out of God's hand. However, man is a tripartite being (1 Thessalonians 5:23), and there are aspects of the human condition that Satan can afflict. While he is prohibited from touching the spirit of God's saints, nothing prevents him from tormenting the body and soul-if the disobedient conduct of a Christian allows him to do so.

Much confusion about this issue exists because of the use of the word possession. The term doesn't appear in the original Greek language of the New Testament. Bible scholars say those who translated the King James edition added this word in order to classify varying degrees of demonic control. More correctly, the word translated "possession" should simply be rendered "demonized," that is, under the influence of a demon. Attempting to be verbally precise about such a supernatural phenomenon is pointless. You can't take something enshrouded in a mystical context and reduce it to a paradigm of human language. That's why we must cautiously use terms associated with demons.

By possession I mean that the spirit is internalized and claims certain legal rights to invade the person's body. Demonic "possession" never means a Christian's regenerated spirit has been invaded or that the demon owns the human being. It means that his or her soul or body is influenced by a demon. The demon can manifest through the host's faculties-that is, see with the eyes, speak through the vocal cords, and even subject the person to a trance state of mental oblivion. Deliverance comes when the demon inside is cast outside.

What about those instances in which a demon manifests in a Christian? In most cases the demon entered before the believer's conversion to Christianity, and the evil spirit continued to control some part of the person's life because the specific occult sin was never renounced. The demon claims squatter's rights.

The metaphor of what happens when territory is conquered in a war applies here. Even though the conflict may be officially ended, enemy snipers refuse to surrender, so they must be hunted down. Their right to remain may be technically voided since the territory is under new control, but that doesn't mean they leave automatically or give up easily. An offense must be mounted to enforce the terms of victory. The exorcist must diligently pursue every avenue of deliverance to be certain that every demonic influence has been conquered.

CAN DEMONS PHYSICALLY AFFLICT A CHRISTIAN?

To answer the question of whether a Christian can be physically afflicted, we must first explore the means by which demons influence Christians. Do Christians sin? Of course! First John 1:8-9 says we do. We cannot continue to abide in sin because of the indwelling nature of Christ. Note, however, that in Ephesians 4:23 Christians are admonished to "be renewed in the spirit of your mind." If the mind of the Christian needs renewal, then it stands to reason that when our minds are not renewed, they may be, to some degree, under the control of the ungodly forces.

"Present your bodies a living sacrifice," we read in Romans 12:1. This means our bodies may not be completely sacrificed to God, and could therefore be influenced by Satan. The lack of spirituality in the life of a Christian doesn't necessarily mean he or she is possessed. But it does mean that some part of the Christian's nature is open to evil forces.

In Luke 13:16, Christ cast a demon out of a 'daughter of Abraham'. It's true she wasn't living under the covenant of grace this side of the cross, but as an Old Testament devotee to God, she was spiritually protected by the best that God could offer that side of Calvary. Yet a spirit of physical infirmity demonized her. In fact, the first demon that Jesus cast out came from an apparently devout Jew in the synagogue on the Sabbath. Christ's first exorcism was in a church! The man in Luke 4:33-35 was certainly "possessed" because the demon spoke through his body. Christ told the unclean spirit to "come out of him" (Verse 35).

CAN SATAN CONTROL A CHRISTIAN'S THOUGHTS AND WORDS?

Let me explain how Satan can also control the thoughts and speech of a Christian. In Matthew, chapter 16, Jesus had just concluded His explanation to His disciples on the true nature of His earthly mission-that He must suffer and die (verse 21). Peter immediately spoke up in an effort to dissuade Christ from going to the cross: "Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!" (verse 22). The response of Christ was abrupt and stern. "Get behind Me, Satan!" Jesus said to Peter (verse 23). I'm not suggesting that Peter was demon possessed. I am proposing that Peter, while standing in the presence of Christ, was sufficiently influenced that he literally spoke the words Satan wanted him to say. Even more astounding is the fact that earlier in verse 16 of that chapter, Peter had given the confessional statement of faith on which Christ said He would build His church!

In Acts chapter 5, Ananias and Sapphira, members of the early church, lied to the apostle Peter. They had sold some possessions to give to the church, and then had second thoughts and conspired to keep back a portion for themselves. When Peter asked them what amount they had received for the sale, Ananias and Sapphira lied. What was the source of that lie? The apostle Peter said, "Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit" (verse 3). In judgment, God struck them dead. If we accept the assumption that Ananias and Sapphira experienced the new birth in Christ, then how can we explain away the fact that their hearts were filled by Satan to such an extent that they were capable of committing a sin worthy of such abrupt and severe divine judgment?

Satan can, in some instances, take over a Christian's mind and speak through his lips. Demons are in certain instances able to place Christians in a trance state so that the unclean spirit controls psychomotor functions and conscious mental processes. I have dealt with scores of cases with people who were undeniably followers of Christ and yet demons spoke through them and even violently attacked me. It is disingenuous to suggest that they somehow lost their salvation long enough to let a demon in and then thereafter resumed their Christian walk. If Satan can control our speech when we are disobedient and fill our hearts with evil when we are rebellious, he may be able to do a lot more to Christians than we would like to admit. What scriptural lessons can we learn from this startling information?

A Christian can be born again and have spiritual victory over the original Adamic sin that eternally separates mankind from God and still have besetting sins (Hebrews 12:1). Uncontrolled thoughts, resentment, anger, and bitterness are some examples. Salvation must not be confused with sanctification. The Holy Spirit's continuing work of grace is a progressive act of God's desire to draw us closer to Him. Those who, yet saved, resist this scriptural plea (1 Thessalonians 4:3) may find they have harbored demonic pockets of activity from their pre-conversion lives. This message needs a greater emphasis in our churches so that we may set free any of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering the "hangover" of Satan's influence from their former lives of sin.

As kindly as I can say it, those who underestimate what Christians can suffer at the hand of Satan are doing a disservice to the body of Christ. They are consigning sincere Christians to a life of continued demonic influence and causing needless suffering in the lives of those whom the Lord wants to set free. Let no one misunderstand me. A Christian cannot be demonized if by "possession" you mean "ownership." The child of God is owned by the Lord. But I will testify that a Christian can be severely influenced by demons and even be inhabited by them. I will also do all that I can in Jesus' name to see that those who are "heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17) will experience the hope of freedom from demonic bondage.

• Winner
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have studied this subject and the things many learn in WoF and pentacostal circles mainly. In scripture we never see Jesus nor any Apostle actively seeking to engage the enemy. Instead we see the enemy rear his head when the gospel is being preached. Only then do we see Jesus or any Apostle directly address devils and then they simply say come out. I do not see Jesus nor any Apostle picking fights. I think it is a trick of the enemy to engage us on a battlefield we are not called to. We are called to preach the gospel and make disciples, not to go around tearing down strongholds or engaging demons.

Not only did they not do so, but it should be noted that, in Jude 9, we see no less than God's own archangel refusing to engage them.

Rather than thinking he could rebuke the Devil himself, Michael simply said "The Lord rebuke you", leaving that power and authority in its rightful place in the hands of God.

Superstition is not of God and this is a very dangerous game they're playing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would like to hear from people who use the loosing and binding in prayers. Also how can I have spiritual warfare prayers.
Unless you happen to be having direct run-ins with the damned, they are better left alone.
Dealing with demons is best left to the professionals.
Lastly I would like to have a list of all the demons/devils so I can specially target them in prayer.

1. there are billions of them
2. there names will do you no good, and may do you much harm

Again, don't mess with the damned. They will hurt you, and laugh at you when you make feeble attempts at being righteous.

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟115,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just sharing an interesting read hope it helps, God Bless

Can a Christian have a demon?

When I first became involved in exorcisms, I assumed that a Christian was immune from the torment of demons. I based that assumption on the influence of other Christian leaders who convinced me of this. I had perfected the logic explaining my position: "The Holy Spirit and an evil spirit can't dwell in the same vessel." "Light and darkness cannot co-exist." "Those who cast demons out of Christians are making excuses for sin problems." I had given messages to large audiences, boldly declaring that the very idea of a Christian having a demon was heresy. I insisted that Christians claiming to have demons were making excuses for problems of carnality or personal lack of discipline; they were avoiding the tough part of growing in grace and maturing in a deeper understanding of Scripture.

When I began searching the Word of God more diligently about the matter of demons influencing Christians, I discovered that the issue wasn't as conclusive as I had thought. Gradually I understood that my error was based on a narrow understanding of demonic phenomena, and a predetermined reading of Scripture. In my honest moments of contemplation, I realized that those pastors and Bible teachers who had repeatedly reinforced the "Christians can't have a demon" outlook had very little practical experience with the phenomenon. I concluded that, while doctrine is not based on experience, the lack of experiential testimony about such a crucial area of spiritual deliverance was a glaring weakness.

As I began to discuss the subject with others, I learned that theological sentiments are often based on extreme examples. Almost everyone opposed to the idea of Christians having a demon could relate one or more horrific stories about exorcism sessions in which Christians were encouraged to think of their spiritual failures as having a demonic root. They were then told to vomit up demons of everything from morning sickness to nasal congestion-seriously! I had witnessed some of these deliverance sessions. Highly manipulative evangelists preyed on distraught and gullible people who were looking for a quick solution to their spiritual and physical misery. I have since learned the simple truth that when you belong to God, what Satan cannot invade is your spirit. The moment a person is born into the kingdom of God by faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9), the spirit is eternally reborn and belongs to God. Jesus declared in John 10:28 that no one has the power to "snatch" us out of God's hand. However, man is a tripartite being (1 Thessalonians 5:23), and there are aspects of the human condition that Satan can afflict. While he is prohibited from touching the spirit of God's saints, nothing prevents him from tormenting the body and soul-if the disobedient conduct of a Christian allows him to do so.

Much confusion about this issue exists because of the use of the word possession. The term doesn't appear in the original Greek language of the New Testament. Bible scholars say those who translated the King James edition added this word in order to classify varying degrees of demonic control. More correctly, the word translated "possession" should simply be rendered "demonized," that is, under the influence of a demon. Attempting to be verbally precise about such a supernatural phenomenon is pointless. You can't take something enshrouded in a mystical context and reduce it to a paradigm of human language. That's why we must cautiously use terms associated with demons.

By possession I mean that the spirit is internalized and claims certain legal rights to invade the person's body. Demonic "possession" never means a Christian's regenerated spirit has been invaded or that the demon owns the human being. It means that his or her soul or body is influenced by a demon. The demon can manifest through the host's faculties-that is, see with the eyes, speak through the vocal cords, and even subject the person to a trance state of mental oblivion. Deliverance comes when the demon inside is cast outside.

What about those instances in which a demon manifests in a Christian? In most cases the demon entered before the believer's conversion to Christianity, and the evil spirit continued to control some part of the person's life because the specific occult sin was never renounced. The demon claims squatter's rights.

The metaphor of what happens when territory is conquered in a war applies here. Even though the conflict may be officially ended, enemy snipers refuse to surrender, so they must be hunted down. Their right to remain may be technically voided since the territory is under new control, but that doesn't mean they leave automatically or give up easily. An offense must be mounted to enforce the terms of victory. The exorcist must diligently pursue every avenue of deliverance to be certain that every demonic influence has been conquered.

CAN DEMONS PHYSICALLY AFFLICT A CHRISTIAN?

To answer the question of whether a Christian can be physically afflicted, we must first explore the means by which demons influence Christians. Do Christians sin? Of course! First John 1:8-9 says we do. We cannot continue to abide in sin because of the indwelling nature of Christ. Note, however, that in Ephesians 4:23 Christians are admonished to "be renewed in the spirit of your mind." If the mind of the Christian needs renewal, then it stands to reason that when our minds are not renewed, they may be, to some degree, under the control of the ungodly forces.

"Present your bodies a living sacrifice," we read in Romans 12:1. This means our bodies may not be completely sacrificed to God, and could therefore be influenced by Satan. The lack of spirituality in the life of a Christian doesn't necessarily mean he or she is possessed. But it does mean that some part of the Christian's nature is open to evil forces.

In Luke 13:16, Christ cast a demon out of a 'daughter of Abraham'. It's true she wasn't living under the covenant of grace this side of the cross, but as an Old Testament devotee to God, she was spiritually protected by the best that God could offer that side of Calvary. Yet a spirit of physical infirmity demonized her. In fact, the first demon that Jesus cast out came from an apparently devout Jew in the synagogue on the Sabbath. Christ's first exorcism was in a church! The man in Luke 4:33-35 was certainly "possessed" because the demon spoke through his body. Christ told the unclean spirit to "come out of him" (Verse 35).

CAN SATAN CONTROL A CHRISTIAN'S THOUGHTS AND WORDS?

Let me explain how Satan can also control the thoughts and speech of a Christian. In Matthew, chapter 16, Jesus had just concluded His explanation to His disciples on the true nature of His earthly mission-that He must suffer and die (verse 21). Peter immediately spoke up in an effort to dissuade Christ from going to the cross: "Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!" (verse 22). The response of Christ was abrupt and stern. "Get behind Me, Satan!" Jesus said to Peter (verse 23). I'm not suggesting that Peter was demon possessed. I am proposing that Peter, while standing in the presence of Christ, was sufficiently influenced that he literally spoke the words Satan wanted him to say. Even more astounding is the fact that earlier in verse 16 of that chapter, Peter had given the confessional statement of faith on which Christ said He would build His church!

In Acts chapter 5, Ananias and Sapphira, members of the early church, lied to the apostle Peter. They had sold some possessions to give to the church, and then had second thoughts and conspired to keep back a portion for themselves. When Peter asked them what amount they had received for the sale, Ananias and Sapphira lied. What was the source of that lie? The apostle Peter said, "Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit" (verse 3). In judgment, God struck them dead. If we accept the assumption that Ananias and Sapphira experienced the new birth in Christ, then how can we explain away the fact that their hearts were filled by Satan to such an extent that they were capable of committing a sin worthy of such abrupt and severe divine judgment?

Satan can, in some instances, take over a Christian's mind and speak through his lips. Demons are in certain instances able to place Christians in a trance state so that the unclean spirit controls psychomotor functions and conscious mental processes. I have dealt with scores of cases with people who were undeniably followers of Christ and yet demons spoke through them and even violently attacked me. It is disingenuous to suggest that they somehow lost their salvation long enough to let a demon in and then thereafter resumed their Christian walk. If Satan can control our speech when we are disobedient and fill our hearts with evil when we are rebellious, he may be able to do a lot more to Christians than we would like to admit. What scriptural lessons can we learn from this startling information?

A Christian can be born again and have spiritual victory over the original Adamic sin that eternally separates mankind from God and still have besetting sins (Hebrews 12:1). Uncontrolled thoughts, resentment, anger, and bitterness are some examples. Salvation must not be confused with sanctification. The Holy Spirit's continuing work of grace is a progressive act of God's desire to draw us closer to Him. Those who, yet saved, resist this scriptural plea (1 Thessalonians 4:3) may find they have harbored demonic pockets of activity from their pre-conversion lives. This message needs a greater emphasis in our churches so that we may set free any of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering the "hangover" of Satan's influence from their former lives of sin.

As kindly as I can say it, those who underestimate what Christians can suffer at the hand of Satan are doing a disservice to the body of Christ. They are consigning sincere Christians to a life of continued demonic influence and causing needless suffering in the lives of those whom the Lord wants to set free. Let no one misunderstand me. A Christian cannot be demonized if by "possession" you mean "ownership." The child of God is owned by the Lord. But I will testify that a Christian can be severely influenced by demons and even be inhabited by them. I will also do all that I can in Jesus' name to see that those who are "heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17) will experience the hope of freedom from demonic bondage.

Nice post!

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟115,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Andy,
..i ve made a washload of mistakes in my life
but learning new things every day still

..i know about demons - not just had them, but also met them ;
(just telling) ,
but i always first read in context what i see -
...and, after reading your username, and your desire to do those type things, which require having aquired legal rights [or those things will play with you like a tenniser plays a ball] ,

my question is 'why you think you desire to do this' ..?

I guess my reasons for wanting to do these types of things would be
a) I would like to protect my house hold from the evil one
b) I would like to engage in spiritual warfare

But I will be very careful and I am considering not to even do more research on this topic because of the posts here which are biblical

Upvote 0