Arizona
✟8,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm reaching out today because I'm experiencing a personal struggle that I hope to get some insight and support on. I have been actively participating in the 12-step program, and it's been a transformative journey for me. One of the most significant steps I've taken is surrendering my life and will over to a Higher Power to God. This decision has been life-changing, and I've experienced a sense of peace and renewal I never thought possible.

However, I recently encountered a challenging situation. A Christian individual shared with me their belief that my devotion to God alone is not enough, and that I need to specifically devote myself to Jesus in order to be saved from eternal damnation. They stated that, without accepting Jesus as my savior, I would be destined to burn in hell. This comment has deeply troubled me, and I'm feeling conflicted and confused.

I want to make it clear that my experience with the 12-step program has been incredibly positive, and surrendering to God has brought about meaningful change in my life. Yet, the idea of not being "enough" in my devotion weighs heavily on my heart. I'm unsure how to reconcile this dilemma.

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm reaching out today because I'm experiencing a personal struggle that I hope to get some insight and support on. I have been actively participating in the 12-step program, and it's been a transformative journey for me. One of the most significant steps I've taken is surrendering my life and will over to a Higher Power to God. This decision has been life-changing, and I've experienced a sense of peace and renewal I never thought possible.

However, I recently encountered a challenging situation. A Christian individual shared with me their belief that my devotion to God alone is not enough, and that I need to specifically devote myself to Jesus in order to be saved from eternal damnation. They stated that, without accepting Jesus as my savior, I would be destined to burn in hell. This comment has deeply troubled me, and I'm feeling conflicted and confused.

I want to make it clear that my experience with the 12-step program has been incredibly positive, and surrendering to God has brought about meaningful change in my life. Yet, the idea of not being "enough" in my devotion weighs heavily on my heart. I'm unsure how to reconcile this dilemma.
God is healing your addiction. Let him do one thing at a time. Cross the bridge relating to Christianity when you come to it. You don't have to do everything at once. There is a time to harvest and a time to plant. Even Jesus healed people before they explicitly believed in him.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He’s right.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Jesus is God so if you accept God you have accepted Jesus, Read the book of John, it explains the area that you are having questions about. God Bless you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well....God is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He came in the flesh , walked the earth for a short season , died and rose from the dead, ascended to heaven and sent back His Holy Spirit so that He can make His Home in the believer. This is the Gospel of His Kingdom where He is King and Lord. If you are willing, believe that what I have written is truth.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF!

Reactions: Kozluv
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know I tell those that do not believe in God/Christ to talk to Him.. I mean ask Him.. or call on every so called god you can think of.. ask If He is really who they say He is ..show me prove it. The key here is one has to ask from your heart. Only ONE ever shows up.. the king of kings lord of lords. The only one that loved you so much He left heaven took your place so that He would not be with out you. NO other died.. and ROSE..

He loves you.. no condemnation.. just pure love.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe Colossians 1:1-29 is a good overview of who our Lord is and Christian faith. Our God is One God ( Deuteronomy 6:4) of 3 Persons in the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit ( see John 14:11-18, John 15:26). What the Lord says about keeping the commandments is expressed in various places ( Romans 13:8-10, for ex.).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am coming to the conclusion that I am indeed a reprobate. My conscience doesn’t even bite me at all. I’m similar to Galnaros and invalidusername but the difference is is that I am not born again. I get the most evil vile thoughts and desires and they don’t even bother me. I wish I was NEVER born. I will wish that the second after I die which could be any time as we are not promised tomorrow. I am going insane. I am being brutally honest. I’m indifferent. I’ve prayed and prayed but it seems that I’m wasting my time.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Kozluv

Apr 9, 2023
Arizona
✟8,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am coming to the conclusion that I am indeed a reprobate. My conscience doesn’t even bite me at all. I’m similar to Galnaros and invalidusername but the difference is is that I am not born again. I get the most evil vile thoughts and desires and they don’t even bother me. I wish I was NEVER born. I will wish that the second after I die which could be any time as we are not promised tomorrow. I am going insane. I am being brutally honest. I’m indifferent. I’ve prayed and prayed but it seems that I’m wasting my time.
From my belief, god loves you unconditionally. Predestination is just a belief and theory. God works in mysterious ways. Surrender your life over to god. It helps me when I surrender on my knees to god it times of distress.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I get on my knees every morning and surrender myself to god, I just now redirect that toward Jesus instead of god?

No one can face God (the Father) directly. in OT most people when they see angles of the Lord they are afraid they are going to die. God even covered Moss's eyes before walk before him. Jesus is also God (word of God, or son of God), but he is the part of God we can see and through him we reach God. It is something that we might not be able to understand till we reach heaven, but for now trust what God told us in Bible:

Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6)
“For unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins” (John 8:24).
Apostle Peter: “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12, KJV).

So from the Bible, we come to God (the Father) through the Word of God (Jesus).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

There's different interpretations of Christianity, and different responses to that question. Some forms of Christianity don't believe you need to explicitly accept Jesus as some kind of religious act.

My advice would be to find a church community where you can explore these religious questions for yourself. I would recommend something in the Mainline Protestant tradition because you'll typically find more room to explore these questions for yourself in fellowship with other people seeking God, than just feeling like you are having a particular set of answers imposed upon you.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
If you did not hear about Jesus you wouldn’t need Him you would just need to be honest in your pursuit of the truth perhaps to be given chance to be saved or to cease to exist to escape hell. Those who never heard but were seeking might be given a chance after they die for Jesus says people will be given a chance in the world to come if they didn’t reject what they knew. But that might be before any had heard gospel and others who never hear now might be given chance in world to come or will cease to exist if they were righteous seeking truth.

The reason one needs to believe is because everyone has sinned and you need to have no sin to go to heaven. But Jesus died for our sins and refusing to believe that is a sin that you choose and can not take away but believers do not commit an eternal sin if they repent as they are able if they do not to wilfully sin what they know and die then without opportunity to repent.

Christ will perfect and take away all sins in the world to come for believers but if one does not believe one becomes not accepting truth others would respond to truth never rejecting it purposefully a truth that they will be given chance in world to come if they don’t cease to exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SplendidSeraphim

Spreading love and cookies
Apr 6, 2023
California
✟9,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'm also an addict, starting the 12 step program today I messaged you.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not being Born Again. Sounds more like a reason not to give up.
Don't accept defeat and fight.
Keep Seeking, Keep knocking.
NEVER give up.
Keep seeking, keep knocking.
The LORD'S words don't come back void and he's said knock and it shall be opened for you, seek and you shall find.
Keep knocking, keep seeking.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's different interpretations of Christianity, and different responses to that question. Some forms of Christianity don't believe you need to explicitly accept Jesus as some kind of religious act.

My advice would be to find a church community where you can explore these religious questions for yourself. I would recommend something in the Mainline Protestant tradition because you'll typically find more room to explore these questions for yourself in fellowship with other people seeking God, than just feeling like you are having a particular set of answers imposed upon you.
Jesus answered, “I AM THE  WAY and the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not being Born Again. Sounds more like a reason not to give up.
Don't accept defeat and fight.
Keep Seeking, Keep knocking.
NEVER give up.
Keep seeking, keep knocking.
The LORD'S words don't come back void and he's said knock and it shall be opened for you, seek and you shall find.
Keep knocking, keep seeking.
A couple weeks ago I found two pieces of paper that said “Jesus save me now”. I should stop looking at myself and look to Jesus. Looking to myself will never provide solutions.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0