Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am currently trying to learn present tense in Spanish with Duolingo and running into issues learning what endings go with which verbs which is causing me to slow down, get very frustrated can someone please help? I will say that I do not "need" to learn it per say for school/ travel or any particular reason so really here is no hurry other than me just getting frustated with the if you asks me pointless limitations of the program that really encourage people to spend money getting unlimited hearts despite the fact that they claim they want to be a free resource for everyone to have the chance to learn.

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This page gives the conjugations for regular verbs in the present tense:

If you want a little more information, try this one:

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time and endless repetition. It helps to actually have a spanish speaker around.
59 years later yo hablo un poco Espanol. And Spanish is probably the easiest language to learn. Just try Nederlands in comparison.
"Easiest language" is highly subjective because so much depends on your native language. Portuguese is going to be way easier for a Spanish speaker to learn than an English one because the languages are so similar.

However, your claim that Spanish is much easier than Nederlands (Dutch) is interesting, because if one looks up articles on the easiest languages to learn--from an English perspective, at least--Dutch/Nederlands is usually near the top. Heck, this article puts it at #2, behind only Frisian and ahead of Spanish (#3 is Norwegian, #4 is Spanish). This one puts Norwegian and Swedish at the top, followed by Spanish, then Dutch (Frisian isn't on that list, perhaps because as our first article notes, it's spoken by so few people it's not really something people generally try to learn--or perhaps because the second article is by Babbel, a language teaching service, and they have reason to only want to list the languages they teach). So Spanish seems to be at least viewed as being about as difficult as Dutch is to an English speaker.

Having never tried to learn Dutch I can't opine on it, though. But what do you think makes Spanish a lot easier than Dutch? Dutch has a lot more cognates with English than Spanish does. The main difficulty of Dutch, from what I've heard, is the pronunciations.

Upvote 0