Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

1698629551070.png

This thread has gone through a small cleaning.
Please carry on.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow! What did I miss?
I watched the video soon after it was posted and found myself in agreement, although I don't consider Israel innocent in all the ongoing conflict.
Hamas are not pro-Palestinian, they are anti-Israel, and will use any means at their disposal to that end including sacrificing their own people.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hamas are not pro-Palestinian, they are anti-Israel, and will use any means at their disposal to that end including sacrificing their own people.
yep, I don’t think Hamas cares about how many Palestinian Christians and/or Muslims die if Israel gets destroyed.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wow! What did I miss?
I watched the video soon after it was posted and found myself in agreement, although I don't consider Israel innocent in all the ongoing conflict.
Sadly some of those people willingly support these terrorists.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ArseniusTheSilent

Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Boston
✟423,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are you suggesting that Palestinian children (Christian and Muslim alike) haven't and aren't being killed by IDF bombs? You can disagree with the media source but stop whitewashing what is occurring daily right now in Gaza by BOTH sides. People like the video(s) in the OP (which I find QUITE suspect and timely as to intentions) is designed to stifle dissent and dialogue as the IDF commits genocide within Gaza. Stop making us choose Hamas or the IDF. They're BOTH killing innocents.

Maybe you should think about what "Lord Have Mercy" actually means because we're missing the entire lesson.

Christ came to save ALL mankind, especially us sinners, and not just part of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you suggesting that Palestinian children (Christian and Muslim alike) haven't and aren't being killed by IDF bombs? You can disagree with the media source but stop whitewashing what is occurring daily right now in Gaza by BOTH sides. People like the video(s) in the OP (which I find QUITE suspect and timely as to intentions) is designed to stifle dissent and dialogue as the IDF commits genocide within Gaza. Stop making us choose Hamas or the IDF. They're BOTH killing innocents.

Maybe you should think about what "Lord Have Mercy" actually means because we're missing the entire lesson.

Christ came to save ALL mankind, especially us sinners, and not just part of it.
It isnt genocide. Hamas is responsible for this.

Upvote 0

ArseniusTheSilent

Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Boston
✟423,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Gabor Maté on Israel/Palestine - October 28, 2023

Dr. Gabor Mate is probably one of the most inspiring voices on compassion, regardless of how hard and unsettling that path is to walk, out there today. Someone who actually understands compassion from all sides as a Jew as a Holocaust survivor and as someone who has been to Gaza.

This is not all on Hamas. It is a disproportionate, unmetered response to the initial attack and is ethnic cleansing and genocide. In any other war theater on earth these unrestrained bombings of civilians, women, children, the elderly and others would be war crimes.

Lesley Stahl: We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?
Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price—we think the price is worth it.

^^ That is the type of behavior you're condoning.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dr. Gabor Maté on Israel/Palestine - October 28, 2023

Dr. Gabor Mate is probably one of the most inspiring voices on compassion, regardless of how hard and unsettling that path is to walk, out there today. Someone who actually understands compassion from all sides as a Jew as a Holocaust survivor and as someone who has been to Gaza.

This is not all on Hamas. It is a disproportionate, unmetered response to the initial attack and is ethnic cleansing and genocide. In any other war theater on earth these unrestrained bombings of civilians, women, children, the elderly and others would be war crimes.

Lesley Stahl: We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?
Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price—we think the price is worth it.

^^ That is the type of behavior you're condoning.
Oh so raping children, old women, burning them alive, chopping off the heads of babies, is much moral than going to war? Where Hamas uses it's citizens as human sheilds is moral as well. Where does the scripture condone judgement to those that have not seen or known a cause between two parties? Eye witnesses were required. So someone that has been to Gaza, visitors etc. do not make witnesses for judgement to what they have heard, or seen. Unjust judgment . Who is Leslie Stahl? What has she heard or witnessed in a case? Israel is a lawful witness and so are we, when they show us the videos these murderers made. Shame, just shame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This whole situation is a tragedy and Hamas ( if they had any humanity) should surrender. Hamas is genocidal and I don’t see how Israel can ever negotiate with such a mindset.

Personally, I don’t know what can specifically done right now in this tragedy. It would seem Israel should decrease ( but continue) their overall assault? Was the world as focused when the equally murderous pro ISIS and pro Assad factions killed hundreds of thousands in the fallout of the “Arab Spring” debacle? Ironically, both of those factions are probably united against Israel at present. Even Dagestan is on the current anti Israel sentiment.

I think the best solution would be to arrest the murderers who lead Hamas at their 5 star hotel in Qatar. How about it the all concerned kingdom of Qatar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dr. Gabor Mate as a Holocaust survivor and as someone who has been to Gaza.

He was born in 1944. Yes, it IS all on Hamas. Hamas was elected by them and it is Hamas that is not allowing them to move south as Israel told them to do. What kind of response do you think Israel should allow for being attacked by Hamas?? Israel is not calling on the killing of all Arabs, but Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran ARE calling for the death of ALL Jews and the destruction of Israel. So who is really calling for genocide???

Upvote 0

ArseniusTheSilent

Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Boston
✟423,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
guns-and-flowers.jpg
Kent State Flower.jpeg.jpeg

There used to be a spirit of anti-war sentiment in America. It has long since been cast off in favor of bloodlust and empire. Where are the rallies for peace? non-existent. Shame on you and shame on all of us.

This is genocide and bloodlust regardless of what Hamas did on October 7th and since. What would Christ say if he was here today? He would weep and say "I never knew you" and close the door to all of us for our lack of compassion for our fellow man, regardless of their race, creed or religion. This wrong. What you're advocating and supporting is wrong. This is NOT just and it doesn't matter if they're Christian, Jew, Muslim or Atheist.

Attachments

• Kent State Flower.jpeg.jpeg
    Kent State Flower.jpeg.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 14
  • guns-and-flowers.jpg
    guns-and-flowers.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 338817View attachment 338818
There used to be a spirit of anti-war sentiment in America. It has long since been cast off in favor of bloodlust and empire. Where are the rallies for peace? non-existent. Shame on you and shame on all of us.

This is genocide and bloodlust regardless of what Hamas did on October 7th and since. What would Christ say if he was here today? He would weep and say "I never knew you" and close the door to all of us for our lack of compassion for our fellow man, regardless of their race, creed or religion. This wrong. What you're advocating and supporting is wrong. This is NOT just and it doesn't matter if they're Christian, Jew, Muslim or Atheist.
Why did you ignore my questions? What kind of response do you think Israel should allow for being attacked by Hamas?? Israel is not calling on the killing of all Arabs, but Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran ARE calling for the death of ALL Jews and the destruction of Israel. So who is really calling for genocide??? If Hamas is not destroyed, they will do this again and again and again...they said it themselves.

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been extremely distressed at the number of Orthodox Christians expressing outright anti-semetic beliefs in wake of this situation. I've even seen the term "Christ Killers." I don't feel like I know enough about the situation over there to say how culpable Israel might or might not be. Apart from simply existing and having a closed border with Gaza what have they done wrong? I don't know. Egypt also has a closed border with Gaza. Why aren't they villified? Jordan has a closed border with the West Bank. Why aren't they villified? Look at what happened to Lebanon when they stupidly took in Palestinians. The UAE won't hire people from Palestine because of how troublesome they are. But, Israel is the bad guy?

Anyway, I am glad that I know about people like Mother Maria of Paris, or this could be about enough to drive me from the church.

Upvote 0