Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Scribbler said:
Well, number one- the above quote doesn't appear anywhere in the story. Did I miss it, or is that your quote, Doctrine1st? Because I see a picture of one Vet wearing the flap (and, yes, a funny flap it is.), not multiple Vets, as your quote suggests. Were there more than one? How many? 1%? 10? 51? Did the rest of the Vets cheer and applaud the President? Because the impression I get from your post is that the Vets in attendance weren't in agreeance with Bush, and I don't think that's an entirely honest assesment of the speech, 'BS protecters' not withstanding.
You know, that's my fault because I changed the source from a "liberal" site to the Canadian News just to negate the idea it was a liberal site. So the caption, and the picture came from the liberal site. I just thought it was funny and never intended for it to turn into a matter of debate, and thus: ~my apologies

Here's the orginal site: http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artm...icle_7262.shtml

Upvote 0

WarSong

Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,172.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
sidiousmax225 said:
Don't look at us, we were against the war.

Your point?

minus said:
Ya know, some people just have no sense of humor!

I have a great sense of humor. I AM A PEOPLE PERSON!!!

Anyways...

But, if ya wanna play that game…

*pops knuckles*

Let's git down ta bizness...

What about the lies, propaganda, and distortion coming from the right? Last time I checked nobody has died or has been tortured due to any of the so called propaganda and distortion spewing from liberals’ mouths, but hey how about all that garbage spewing from the mouths of neo-cons?

I'm sorry, are you familiar at all with the reign of Saddam Hussein? Or the fiasco that was the 10 years when U.N. inspectors were supposedly looking for WMD or violations of U.N. Sanctions (both of which Saddam did)?

Have you hugged a Kurd lately?

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doctrine1st said:
You know, that's my fault because I changed the source from a "liberal" site to the Canadian News just to negate the idea it was a liberal site. So the caption, and the picture came from the liberal site. I just thought it was funny and never intended for it to turn into a matter of debate, and thus: ~my apologies
Oh. Well, funny it was. Now I'm wondering if those things are for sale anywhere.^_^

Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Doctrine1st said:
"Veterans wearing ear flaps sat silently in the audience of the 106th convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Monday in Salt Lake City while Bush tired to compare his failed war in Iraq . . . .

How do you believe it has failed?

Upvote 0