Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
"Veterans wearing ear flaps sat silently in the audience of the 106th convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Monday in Salt Lake City while Bush tired to compare his failed war in Iraq to both world wars and other great conflicts of the 20th century."

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=581719e6-4f85-48bb-a52c-615ef31355e7

Ding ding, let the Cindy Sheehan, Valarie Plame, Hans Blix, Richard Clarke, Paul O'Neil, Hans Blix, Scott Ritter, David Kay, and a whole bunch of folks I'm sure I'm forgeting bashing begin.

Rik

The Dude abides
Jan 7, 2005
Next door to Alice.
Visit site
✟11,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
buckleupthread.gif

R

Upvote 0

minus

Jan 12, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟8,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Doctrine1st said:
"Veterans wearing ear flaps sat silently in the audience of the 106th convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Monday in Salt Lake City while Bush tired to compare his failed war in Iraq to both world wars and other great conflicts of the 20th century."

LOL!!!! That’s hilarious!!! I’d love to get a pair of those to wear to one of Bushes pep rallies, oh wait, I’d never get past the rigorous screening process.

WarSong said:
And alot of us aren't buying the propoganda and distortion constantly spewing from liberals' mouths.

Ya know, some people just have no sense of humor!

But, if ya wanna play that game…

What about the lies, propaganda, and distortion coming from the right? Last time I checked nobody has died or has been tortured due to any of the so called propaganda and distortion spewing from liberals’ mouths, but hey how about all that garbage spewing from the mouths of neo-cons?

Upvote 0

Rik

The Dude abides
Jan 7, 2005
Next door to Alice.
Visit site
✟11,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
minus said:
LOL!!!! That’s hilarious!!! I’d love to get a pair of those to wear to one of Bushes pep rallies, oh wait, I’d never get past the rigorous screening process.

The guy in the photo didn't seem to have a problem getting past the "rigorous screening process"...

Upvote 0

minus

Jan 12, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟8,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Rik said:
The guy in the photo didn't seem to have a problem getting past the "rigorous screening process"...

That would be because the event Georgie boy was speaking at was the convention of the Veterans of ForeignWars, Georgie was on their turf. Could you imagine the backlash if the Bushies decided to screen the vets entering this convention like they've done at all of Bushes pep rallies? His approval rating would have sunk to zero in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟8,597.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HumbleMan said:
It's amazing that I'm having a hard time finding this in US papers. Where was the liberal media this time?
because its not as entertaining as seeing someones mom be against the war. The news meadia is nothing more than just entertainment.

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
WarSong said:
And alot of us aren't buying the propoganda and distortion constantly spewing from liberals' mouths.

Conservatives would never, ever spew propoganda or distort facts, would they? There wasn't anything you could remotely call "propoganda" in this thread. Try again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doctrine1st said:

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=581719e6-4f85-48bb-a52c-615ef31355e7

Ding ding, let the Cindy Sheehan, Valarie Plame, Hans Blix, Richard Clarke, Paul O'Neil, Hans Blix, Scott Ritter, David Kay, and a whole bunch of folks I'm sure I'm forgeting bashing begin.

So what?

Some vets are in prison because they've committed a crime. Some vets wear boxer shorts. Some vets are married. Some vets suffer from PTSD. Do you think adding "some vets" to your post adds validity to the story. They were a minority. How about posting a piece on some vets who support Bush? Or is it that you are attempting to just bad-mouth the president?

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟665,848.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Revrobor in post #17:
<< Some vets are in prison because they've committed a crime. Some vets wear boxer shorts. Some vets are married. Some vets suffer from PTSD. Do you think adding "some vets" to your post adds validity to the story. They were a minority. How about posting a piece on some vets who support Bush? Or is it that you are attempting to just bad-mouth the president? >>

I think the thread is just to point out that vets are not monolithic, as they are sometimes thought to be. It is important to realize that those with military experience do not always agree about matters of war and peace.

As for bad-mouthing Bush, I can imagine no one doing a better job of that than some of the things coming out of his own mouth.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doctrine1st said:
Well, number one- the above quote doesn't appear anywhere in the story. Did I miss it, or is that your quote, Doctrine1st? Because I see a picture of one Vet wearing the flap (and, yes, a funny flap it is.), not multiple Vets, as your quote suggests. Were there more than one? How many? 1%? 10? 51? Did the rest of the Vets cheer and applaud the President? Because the impression I get from your post is that the Vets in attendance weren't in agreeance with Bush, and I don't think that's an entirely honest assesment of the speech, 'BS protecters' not withstanding.

I also see a bit of a dicrepancy between what the president said-
-..anti-war protesters such as Cindy Sheehan, who want U.S. troops brought home immediately, are "advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."
and what the headline says-
Bush says anti-war protests threaten to weaken the United States

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
revrobor said:
So what?

Some vets are in prison because they've committed a crime. Some vets wear boxer shorts. Some vets are married. Some vets suffer from PTSD. Do you think adding "some vets" to your post adds validity to the story. They were a minority. How about posting a piece on some vets who support Bush? Or is it that you are attempting to just bad-mouth the president?
Er....I just thought the picture was funny, and the President solely and earnestly earned all his critics. :)

Upvote 0