✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I'm 17.
I know this forum is for those '18-35'

But let's face it,
i'm not going to find those 22 and over posting actively in the 'teen' section.
If you were, i'd first see if you were posting in that one thread in which you can. If not, then I'd be worried. =].

Anyway, the purpose of this thread.

Where are you going in life?

Did you have any idea that back when you were 17 (be it a year ago, or 10 years ago) you would be doing what you are doing right now?

What's your job like?
do you like your boss?
colleagues?
anything you regret?
wanting to do an other job?
pay good?

relationship?
married?
close with your friends that you had in highschool/college?

what are your regrets?
what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments?

where do you see yourself in:

5 years
10 years
15 years.

namely because.
in 5 years, i'll be 22.
in 10 years, i'll be 27
and in 15 years i'll be around the same age as the oldest members on this sub-forum actively posting.

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Helloooooooooo. I am 23. :)

*I have no idea where I'm going in life. The Lord has been taking me on a journey.

*When I was 17, I expected to be married to my then-boyfriend and be staying at home raising a family by the time I was my age. That seems like such low standards, but where things were headed at the time it just made sense.

*My job sucks. I'm quitting it within the next month, and that will probably be the highlight of my year. I don't mind my boss, though. just the job itself. and the commute. and the lack of purpose it provides me.

*I do regret not doing better in HS and more actively pursuing college.. though I never did because I was never sure of what to do. So we'll see what happens, haha.

*Currently not in a serious relationship - I broke my own rule and dated a boy last year that I hardly knew and it was disastrous. Now I have no hurry to rush into anything and would prefer to just let friendships develop naturally and if anything happens from there, then it happens.

*I still sometimes hang out with one of my best friends from high school - she is married and expecting her 3rd kid so it's kind of hard, us being at different life stages. But I'm also really really close with another of my good friends from high school - we were on and off for a few years while she was away at school but now that she's back at home, we're really close.

* I don't really have any regrets.. the one thing in the past 10 years that I was really glad I did was run for class president my junior year. I won, and it completely changed my high school experience for my last year. I learned a lot about myself and who I really am.

*And as far as where I see myself in 5-15 years.. I have no idea. None. Sometimes I'm not even sure if I'll be alive that long!!

I am probably the least helpful person ever to be answering these questions, haha.

Upvote 0

dinonum

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
Indiana
✟29,804.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wherever God takes me.

Did you have any idea that back when you were 17 (be it a year ago, or 10 years ago) you would be doing what you are doing right now?
Sort of, maybe, not really, but still kind of.

What's your job like?
I work at McDonald's, which surprisingly, I don't hate. I don't regret that I work there at all either, meeting so many amazing people and living simply has been such a blessing.

relationships?
Well, I am married. I have lots of online friends and lots of people in my real life who are so amazing. I regret that I'm not there for all of them as much as I wish I was though.

what are your regrets?
I regret not making more friends and maintaining those friendships I did have.

Becoming a Christian and getting married.

5 years -- Traveling
10 years -- Traveling and having a baby.
15 years. -- Settling down, maybe.

Upvote 0
S

StarryEyes

Where are you going in life? That's a loaded question! But to simplify the answer, I'm going wherever God leads me!

Did you have any idea that back when you were 17 (be it a year ago, or 10 years ago) you would be doing what you are doing right now? Absolutely, positively, 100% NO! I hadn't a clue what I would be doing with my life. I went to college and changed my major 3 times, ended up graduating with "university transfer/general major", and I ended up not transferring. I went to an advisor for help and he had me take this test thing that was supposed to show me where my interests were.. it didn't. Nothing really stood out about anything else. I was still really lost. So I took medical coding classes, and failed the final. But God opened a door for me to retake the final and I passed, but knew that wasn't waht I was supposed to do. Then I got really sick, and wasn't able to work much at all, and through all that God led me to my calling!

What's your job like? I have two right now. One of them, I'm a client service coordinator and during the quiet time, I do taxes. And another one, I have my own business helping people get healthy, educating them, and introducing them to a more easy and convenient way to incorporate more raw fruits and veggies into their diet.
do you like your boss? love her!!
colleagues? absolutely!
anything you regret? worrying, stressing out so much instead of just trusting God and living my life
wanting to do an other job? just volunteer work
pay good? not yet =) but God's giving me new vision and ideas for the business!

relationship? Not sure what you meant by this, but I'd like more of them and God's helping me to just talk to people, and listen to people, and form more lasting relationships
married? not yet, but God's let me know it's coming!!!!!!!!
close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? nope, we went our separate ways and I'm much happier that way!

what are your regrets? not listening to God before and worrying so much
what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments? finally trusting God.

5 years - married with kids, God-willing
10 years - still married with kids =) and loving my work!
15 years - getting older, very healthy, kids, wonderful hubby, so many blessings!

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly don't know. I'm at a crossroads right now, waiting to see how things work out. There are so many possibilities.

Well I probably figured I would be in college. And I was right. But I don't think I really knew what I was going to do, what school I was going to go to, etc.

What's your job like? I'm a full time student. It's tough, I'm taking more units than normal this semester so I can finish.

do you like your boss? I like some of my teachers, and I dislike some of my teachers.

colleagues? My classmates are cool.

anything you regret? Not practicing my musical instruments consistently.

wanting to do an other job? I am eager to be done with this semester and start doing something else. I'm looking for a job for when I get out in a month.. but I still don't know what is going to happen as far as this coming fall semester is concerned. I'm waiting to hear about financial aid, so I can go to a university...

pay good? I don't get paid to be in school, I pay to be in school. And since I had no money at the beginning of the semester I worked in the school bookstore to earn money for my textbooks. But of course I couldn't afford them from the store, so I got some online, and got others from various public libraries. :)

relationship?
Family and friends.

married? Nope.

close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? My closest friend's from highschool, I am still friends with although I don't get to see all of them that often, but I'm going to hang out with my friend who moved the farthest away after highschool, this Friday.

what are your regrets? I don't know.

Going on trips with friends and family, meeting new people, spending time with people. It's the best thing.

5 years: really old... um 27...: hopefully married or engaged, maybe off in another country as a missionary, or training to be one. I don't know.

10 years: even more old: 32! :O wow, I can't comprehend that at my age. Hopefully married with kids, maybe a missionary somewhere.

15 years.: even more really old: 37... same as above. almost 40... so long from now.

I get depressed when I think of the future. It's better to focus on the present. Of course it's good to plan for the future... but living in the future isn't so good.

Upvote 0
E

explodingboy

Where ever I end up, I'm a notorious wanderer.

Haha, all I could think about at 17 was dropping out of school, for a real job. Now I'm back failing at college for a second time, and dying to get back to having a real job again.

What's your job like?

unemployed, full time student. did work 2yrs marketing department for a medical supply company. I was the odd job, and everything that needs an additional pair of hands man around the office, was good fun.

do you like your boss?

Out of the office allot, and generally didn't bother me that often, He'd give me a deadline, I'd check the odd order with him but overall it was allot of freedom for me.

colleagues?

Got on well with the majority of them, there was a few that bugged me though, The ones that turn up Friday morning with some huge project that was left to last minute and make me miss lunch and work late to get done on time.

anything you regret?

Not really, good exercise, nice schedule, never had to take work home with me.

Would love a job right now, unfortunately my Visa status rules me out of any decent employment.

pay good?

Pay was great while it lasted, havent worked for almost 2 years now and I'm still sitting on a nice portion of savings, from my old job.

relationship?

Engaged, trying to convince Gf that she wants a Vegas wedding ceremony performed by Elvis.. because I can't do that back in the UK

married?

Possibly sooner rather than later, to get me off visa and eligible to work quicker than waiting until I graduate and get a years work study and hope they offer me full time at the end for a work visa.

Some of them, I try to visit them whenever I'm back in the country over the summer, and one is coming out to visit me in about a months time now.

what are your regrets?

I live with all my actions, no time to waste regretting everything that I've already done.

dunno.. I'd guess seeing my gran last Christmas as she died the next day while I was flying back out to the US.

5 years- full citizenship.. somewhere..
10 years- Mid life crisis, might actually learn to drive
15 years- House husband, raising kids.

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feel special, I usually avoid these threads...

To the big stage!

Did you have any idea that back when you were 17 (be it a year ago, or 10 years ago) you would be doing what you are doing right

Somewhat, I had a bit of a different direction and understanding of things back then. I had a lot of learning and growing up to do. I've always known I would be doing what I'm doing and never understood the concept of not knowing what you wanted to do with your life.

What's your job like?

Music? Love it. It comes with many challenges and politics, but it's a thrilling adventure.
Stagehand? Lots of work. Hard work. Early mornings. Long hours.

do you like your boss?

For the most part. They can get grouchy just like everyone else.

colleagues?

We're like a family most of the time.

anything you regret?

Nope, though I would have fine tuned some of my decisions a bit different I think.

I'd like to be further along with my own music career and actively touring rather than lighting other bands up.

pay good?

Can be. Been a hard year thanks to economy.

relationship?

Married. :D

Only one now who I work with in a conservation/education Zoological organization.

what are your regrets?

None

Living life and doing what I wanted to do rather than what everyone else thought I should do.

5 years- World tours with my own band/music, being a father, maybe get into a bit of acting and other areas of entertainment.
10 years- See above
15 years- See above

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'd like to teach eventually... other than work/school goals, I'm not so sure.

Did you have any idea that back when you were 17 (be it a year ago, or 10 years ago) you would be doing what you are doing right now? Somewhat. That was the year Guidance decided to hold assemblies discussing options post-secondary. I knew what I would need to do at 17 - school-wise - to get in somewhere. I was a wreck and was convinced I wouldn't get in anywhere... and only really seriously applied to three universities.

What's your job like?
It gives me spending money. Definately not something I want to do till 65.

do you like your boss?
A couple of them. Certainly not all.

colleagues?
See above. I'd say a majority, though. I'm lucky I'm in an environment that is mostly male & mostly middle-aged. I think it'd be more difficult if the place was run by 22 year old girls with a handful of men.

anything you regret?
Honestly... even though I have no talent or skill for it whatsoever, I do wish I had applied myself more in the maths & sciences than I did through high school. I just had that attitude that they didn't matter because I had French and English and History... but really, I probably placed a lot more pressure on myself - as I would do ok in the science/maths, but then had to do really well in the humanity type courses. I think I'd be a more well-rounded individual if I had applied myself to the required sciences & maths half as much as I did the humanities.

And I regret not going into French Immersion. But I can blame my parents for that one. :p

Yes. Both as my part-time spending money job & career wise. I don't want to be a cashier/secretary/receptionist for the next 40 years.

pay good?
Decent. It gets me the occasional shoe splurge. ;)

relationship?
One serious one that lasted longer than it should have. Not really interested in settling down into a serious relationship for the next little while, TBH.

married?
One day. Maybe. If it happens, it happens. I've been desensitized enough by Sex & the City to know I'll be ok.

College - yes. Well, I'm still in school, so yep.
High school... a few. I grew up once I left high school, and was/am hanging around with a different crowd of people. The ones from HS - who didn't go to uni with me - I don't really have that much in common with anymore. Most are working and worrying about that. There's a few I was really close and still am, but it's maybe... 2 or 3.

what are your regrets?
Not going to Immersion & not applying myself. Not applying to McGill. Also, perhaps, not learning to balance money earlier in life.

Continuing with volunteering where I am, taking Mandarin lessons - even if it was one of the hardest, most trying, tedious courses I've ever taken, exchange in Quebec. And sunscreen.

5 years...
Graduated. Maybe teaching. Maybe decided I want even more schooling and working on post-Grad. Who knows.

10 years
Hopefully, by then I'll be teaching.

15 years.
Exactly where I was 5 years before that... but with better sense, more easy with myself and more shoes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xenon

Aug 11, 2007
Schaumburg, Illinois
✟15,675.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I pray that I'm going the way that God wants me to go. If not, he'll correct me until I am :)

Not a clue. I was totally blindsided.

What's your job like? Easy, rewarding, but monotonous. Hopefully temporary.
do you like your boss? Yes.
colleagues? Best group I've ever worked with.
anything you regret? Not working longer hours when possible.
wanting to do an other job? Something where I can work directly for God.
pay good? Good enough.

relationship?
Just broke up with GF, now single.
married? No.
close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? Used to be, but not so much anymore. God knows what's good for you.

what are your regrets?
That I didn't follow the Lord sooner. Trouble giving up some bad habits, although God has helped me immensely still.
what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments? Gave myself to God for his service.

5 years
Finishing school with a Bachelor/Master's in Theology
10 years Working hard for God
15 years With Jesus after the Second Coming

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

EazyMack

I just keep my eyes & heart open to the opportunities the Lord may be opening before me. Of course I miss some, probably a lot, but I take some too. I've found myself in a "restart" position at 25 years old. I'm single, been working at my job for a year and a half, have a mixture of old & new friends in life, and keep growing spiritually. I'm sitting still in life right now, waiting for God to tell me what to do next. Have been in this position for a few months now. I know I'm poised for something, I just don't know what!

Heeeck no. I'm not even the same person! When you're 25, you look at 17 as still being a kid. Which is scary. :p

What's your job like? - My job is fun, we go out on the road everyday to different places and see different things, and I absolutely love my co-workers. I do my best to glorify God at my job through my attitude, my work ethic, and the way I engage with people.

do you like your boss? - Not particularly. :)

colleagues? - Tremendously.

anything you regret? - As long as God can take what I'm giving Him and do something with it to glorify Him, no!

wanting to do an other job? - I feel very blessed to be able to say "no" to that question! But I also know that seasons change, God wants me where I am now but perhaps He will want me elsewhere down the road. And that is perfectly fine with me.

pay good? - Good enough for my simple lifestyle.

relationship? - No, not really.

married? - Not anymore.

close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? - Not at all.

what are your regrets? - Everything happens for a reason, so I can't say that I would change anything because apparently I had to learn my lessons the hard way!

what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments? - Oh man, there are a bazillion. But to give an answer, a lot of them seem to perpetuate from me coming to California when I was 18.

5 years
10 years
15 years.
At a younger age I would've speculated. Now I know better than to think that anything will go as I plan it. :) Although I would have to think that I will be married within 5 years. Beyond that, there is just no telling. I did not receive the blessings I have today through my own plans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breakaway_republic

Feb 21, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
✟15,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where are you going in life? Working and slowly getting out of debt. VERY SLOWLY.

nope. I though i'd be in a real college with a 2-year degree. Instead i'm working part time.

What's your job like? It's ok. Not the best, but ok. I'm a cashier/stocker for the local Dollar tree.
do you like your boss? Immediate bosses, no. Mainline manager and District.. yes.
colleagues? They are ok. Too bad the ones i like talking to are either not there when i work or are sick/terminated.
anything you regret? not getting the job sooner.
wanting to do an other job? yes, something like a traveling Journalist or something like that.
pay good? if you call the federal minimum wage good, i'd say so.

relationship? no. thank God.
married? NO NO NO!
close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? Yeah, my friend steven from jr./Sr. high.

what are your regrets? Not being able to leave town for good when i originally wanted to or brave enough to stand up to people who kept me down.
what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments? Going to Job corps and allowing my friend bill to help me get a driver's license.

5 years: Back on the Road, doing traveling Journalism on the side.

10 years: living in a house that is paid for 100% and still working for dollar tree.

15 years: i'm not sure. maybe dead. Maybe alive and fighting some war.maybe liing in some remote forest as a hermit [with technology that I'd be arested for having [even though it would help me live off the grid, so to speak.]]... or maybe a survivor of the next "great depression", fighting off bands of crazed people in strange costumes that want me to join their number and help fight in some civil war against clowns or something or other while the other sides doing the same thing.

Upvote 0

Abyssal

Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
Las Vegas
✟11,196.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where are you going in life? I'm gonna get at least a BS in electrical engineering. (junior this fall), then see where that goes, I would LOVE to get phd, but depending on money, if intel wants to give me a great job right out of college lol then I'll do that etc.

Not really, at 17 I knew I was going to school, but I took a year off to work, and because I was homeschooled I already had like 50 cred from a community college. I changed my major and where I went to school, but I always knew I was going to get higher education from a young age.

What's your job like? I have had jobs that I LOVED. but no job now
do you like your boss? I have, and I have not depends on job.
colleagues? They can be great or terrible depending on atmosphere
anything you regret? I have some big regrets, largest being that when I was your age I just sat around and did nothing :\. Like I look at where I am now, and where I was when I was 16-17, and I grew hardly at all. I seriously beleive that I could be doing what I am doing now, at that age of 17, and I wish I had. I turned 20 and was actually [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]? I'm the exact same as I was 3 years ago, which makes me regret those 3 wasted (kinda) years.

relationship? No, which is a regret, but I suck that way
married? lol
close with your friends that you had in highschool/college? meh no

what are your regrets? Regrets up there^
what're your 'thank goodness i did that' moments? That I went to a smaller college, I actually attended UIUC for like 3 days before I was like no frikkin way, now I'm at FIT in melborne (FL), its alot better for me.

5 years. already graduated with BS, maybe in grad school, or working.
10 years. Working with a company that I love working for, (a tech firm working in cutting edge research)
15 years. Same as 10 yrs, I'm kinda older so 10 yrs should be same as 15 yrs I hope.

in 5 years, i'll be 25.
in 10 years, i'll be 30
and in 15 years i'll be 35, which is old lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums