Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You'll already be that.
Yeah, That's what I get for not reading further and getting a better explanation of what you were asking. The first post doesn't make that clear.

After I read your 2nd post I understood.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SDA must view time passing by to justify sabbaths in heaven.
Is there not a text saying that time shall be no more??? (I cant find it now)

CRIB

Doesn't the bible says that we'll be in heaven 1000 years? After which the devil will be loosed for a little season?

This has nothing to do with the sabbath. It's suppose to be fun for crying out loud :doh:

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, That's what I get for not reading further and getting a better explanation of what you were asking. The first post doesn't make that clear.

After I read your 2nd post I understood.

Sorry about that. I figured the language in the first post would elude to what I was getting at. It was hypothetical in the sense that I don't know for sure if Jesus would ask that question. But if He did what would you say?

That's the premise of the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say we'd be walking in a garden, although that's not bad either.

Fair enough. I just pictured such a setting when I read "walking alone throughout the earth enjoying the wonder of God's handiwork."

I'm not sure what you mean by "already enlightened and know God..."Do you think that we'll at anytime ever fully comprehend God?
I think that when we are in heaven, we will know God and much of what mystifies us in this life, yes. Your hypothetical dealt in the kinds of musings and questions that would be what we'd ask if Jesus were talking to us NOW.

What is your take of heaven, perhaps that's where we're getting mixed up. I'd like to think that this would be a rather enjoyable hypothetical to ponder.
OK, THAT would be an interesting hypothetical, I agree. However, it's not the one that the OP presented to us.

This mortal has put on immortality. This corruptible has become incorruptible. We're talking with angels, walking streets of God, enjoying our heavenly homes etc.

Sure. Heaven. I'm just saying that the premise of the OP, which amounts to "Gosh, it's really Jesus! He's asking me what I'd like to know!" doesn't exactly sound like what those who are in heaven and have had their consciousness raised immeasurably above what we have in this life would be saying. But I suppose there has to be a starting point for this, too. :)

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough. I just pictured such a setting when I read "walking alone throughout the earth enjoying the wonder of God's handiwork."

I think that when we are in heaven, we will know God and much of what mystifies us in this life, yes. Your hypothetical dealt in the kinds of musings and questions that would be what we'd ask if Jesus were talking to us NOW.

OK, THAT would be an interesting hypothetical, I agree. However, it's not the one that the OP presented to us.

Sure. Heaven. I'm just saying that the premise of the OP, which amounts to "Gosh, it's really Jesus! He's asking me what I'd like to know!" doesn't exactly sound like what those who are in heaven and have had their consciousness raised immeasurably above what we have in this life would be saying. But I suppose there has to be a starting point for this, too. :)

I think that the OP is being read into too much. As of right now sin hasn't been conquered in the sense that it is no more. The OP stands in the light of all things being restored.

Walking through the earth is hardly anything that any of us are capable or even willing to do now as this earth isn't exactly the best place to be walking around.

And I had Christ "appear" because you're walking by yourself. Don't limit the question to "Oh now's my chance to ask why E=MC2"

I like what UPB said about asking to see the creation. Something along those lines. You've been glorified. Eternity is all that lies before you and at this particular juncture in your never ending life Christ is simply asking you "What would you like?"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think that the OP is being read into too much. As of right now sin hasn't been conquered in the sense that it is no more. The OP stands in the light of all things being restored.

Walking through the earth is hardly anything that any of us are capable or even willing to do now as this earth isn't exactly the best place to be walking around.

And I had Christ "appear" because you're walking by yourself. Don't limit the question to "Oh now's my chance to ask why E=MC2"

I like what UPB said about asking to see the creation. Something along those lines. You've been glorified. Eternity is all that lies before you and at this particular juncture in your never ending life Christ is simply asking you "What would you like?"

But doesn't the hypothetical suppose an unfamilarity with these things? I'd think that when we are in heaven, we'd be way beyond that.

However, that's just what's messing things up for me vis-a-vis this particular hypothetical, and it probably does mean that I'm readind more into the question than I should.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But doesn't the hypothetical suppose an unfamilarity with these things? I'd think that when we are in heaven, we'd be way beyond that.

However, that's just what's messing things up for me vis-a-vis this particular hypothetical, and it probably does mean that I'm readind more into the question than I should.

It's not supposing that at all. Jesus says "what will you ask of me?" It's kinda like a dad taking His child to toys r us and saying "What would you like?"

No child would respond "Well Father, I wish to know how they place the toys on those shelves that are so high up?"

Relax, no need to over spirtualize this. In heaven we shall know as we are known. We'll talk, laugh, ask questions, get answers, journey through God's creation, etc.

It's like the kid who's always wanted the pony finally getting it :)

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not supposing that at all. Jesus says "what will you ask of me?" It's kinda like a dad taking His child to toys r us and saying "What would you like?"

No child would respond "Well Father, I wish to know how they place the toys on those shelves that are so high up?"

Relax, no need to over spirtualize this. In heaven we shall know as we are known. We'll talk, laugh, ask questions, get answers, journey through God's creation, etc.

It's like the kid who's always wanted the pony finally getting it :)

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Anything here is nothing more than (largely unconfirmed) SPECulations.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Anything here is nothing more than (largely unconfirmed) SPECulations.

Who said it wasn't? What's wrong with speculating or imagning what we'll do in heaven? It's better than going back and forth fighting with each other isn't it?

I like to think I'll visit far off Galaxy and star systems. I like to think that the Father or Christ may send me on a mission to another world to speak to its inhabitants.

Do I know if this will happen for sure? Not at all, but it's quite fun to think about, and it makes me want heaven more and more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Theoretical or hypothetical questions do not need to be 100% accurate! It almost seems like we're so primed for a fight, that even questions that are meant to be fun, have to turn in to a crapping match about who's answering it correctly.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't the bible says that we'll be in heaven 1000 years? After which the devil will be loosed for a little season?

This has nothing to do with the sabbath. It's suppose to be fun for crying out loud :doh:

Not trying to crash your party or dreams but, will heaven's timeclock strike 12 if I'm 25yrs again, looking at granchildren and granparents, all looking 25yrs old?

My question to Jesus would be: "Where's Stryder?"...^_^

CRIB

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to crash your party or dreams but, will heaven's timeclock strike 12 if I'm 25yrs again, looking at granchildren and granparents, all looking 25yrs old?
Look, I'm not saying we'll still look at time the same way. Would it be better to say "in the distant future"? Does that make it easier to answer the quetion?

My question to Jesus would be: "Where's Stryder?"...^_^
CRIB

Again, the question isn't what would you like to know, but what would you like to have.

I'm talking about the Creator of the Universe offering to create or give you a present right there on the spot!

Can't we try to imagine a little bit together?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said it wasn't? What's wrong with speculating or imagning what we'll do in heaven? It's better than going back and forth fighting with each other isn't it?

Who's FIGHTING?

When someone says 'we WILL' do this and that (then in Heaven) I only point to the fact that we really DO NOT KNOW because it hasn't entered our hearts WHAT God has prepared for us, if THAT'S OK w/you?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, I'm not saying we'll still look at time the same way. Would it be better to say "in the distant future"? Does that make it easier to answer the quetion?

Again, the question isn't what would you like to know, but what would you like to have.

I'm talking about the Creator of the Universe offering to create or give you a present right there on the spot!

Can't we try to imagine a little bit together?

OK.......God....rewind the clock and give me 1 zillion dollar bailout......^_^

CRIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.