Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You find yourself walking alone throughout the earth enjoying the wonder of God's handiwork and Jesus appears by your side.

As the two of you walk and talk together, with inexpressible joy consuming you, He asks you "What would you have from me?"

He smiles at you, and before you realize it you're at His feet giving Him all the praise your new mind can muster. :bow:

He kneels down and raises you up, looking you in the eye and again asks "My child, what would you have from me?"

Your mind races. "Lord" you say "what can I ask of you for you've already given me everything?"

Jesus chuckles and with your hand in His He stands you to your feet. "Ask Me for anything and you may have it"

Now of course this is hypothetical (but who's to say it may not happen ;))
but what do you think you'd ask for?

Again this is another attempt to try to discuss something different here :D

Edit: Due to some confusion about this topic I'm adding this from a later response to hopefully help clarify what this is about
You've been glorified. Eternity is all that lies before you and at this particular juncture in your never ending life Christ is simply asking you "What would you like?"

This isn't about asking what happened to the dinosaurs or what ever happens to those socks lost in the dryer. By this time most questions from this life have been answered or were not worth asking once faced with the glories of heaven.

Please think about your response and try to have a little fun with it.

Last edited:

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OK, I'd ask for wisdom to make the right choices and do the right things in life.

But "Ten Years after sin...????????? What's that?

Exactly that. Ten years after sin has been defeated. The earth has been made new and all of us are eternally secure.

Wisdom to make right choices is a given because there are only right choices to make.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You find yourself walking alone throughout the earth enjoying the wonder of God's handiwork and Jesus appears by your side.

As the two of you walk and talk together, with inexpressible joy consuming you, He asks you "What would you have from me?"

He smiles at you, and before you realize it you're at His feet giving Him all the praise your new mind can muster. :bow:

He kneels down and raises you up, looking you in the eye and again asks "My child, what would you have from me?"

Your mind races. "Lord" you say "what can I ask of you for you've already given me everything?"

Jesus chuckles and with your hand in His He stands you to your feet. "Ask Me for anything and you may have it"

I would pray/ask that EVERY PERSON who has ever lived would be CHANGED and SAVED. Because as "I" measure that is how "I" will BE measured. So why not ASK/PRAY for the very very very BEST that I can SEE?

I would pray/ask that ALL SIN, EVIL AND DEATH would be SET ASIDE and SWALLOWED UP and that NONE of the effects of ANY of that would remain in eternity.

I have a right to pray/ask for these things. God IS BIG ENOUGH and CAN OVERCOME all sin, evil and death.

And I have a RIGHT to believe that my prayers in these matters WILL be answered.

I have prayed these prayers.

Mark 4:24
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

I also know that God in Christ IS ABLE to DO above and abundantly beyond ALL that I could possibly measure.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Exactly that. Ten years after sin has been defeated. The earth has been made new and all of us are eternally secure.

I see now. It was some post-millennialist idea.

For most of us Christians, Sin was or will be defeated (depending upon how we'd want to look at it) either on the cross or at the final judgment.

But that aside, I'm still interested in what people say to the hypothetical question concerning the conversation with Jesus.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This isn't suppose to turn into some huge theological debate. Try to have fun with the idea. As much as we talk about wanting to go to heaven it surprises me how little we actually talk about it.

However you view the end is whatever right now. Sin is done, sinners are gone. Satan is gone.

The new heaven and new earth is here and all that shall be will forever be. Judgement is over!

It's been ten years since all of that and now you're walking with Jesus and He asks this question. What would you say?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i'd ask Him to show me how God knew me before the foundation of the world

and i would be bold enough to ask for Him to show me the bottle where He saved every tear i ever cried

and i'd be so bold and ask to see Him behind the scenes during the excruciating times of searing pain in my life

then i'd ask Him to show me how He rejoices over me with singing

then i'd ask Him to walk with me..in a garden....

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't suppose to turn into some huge theological debate. Try to have fun with the idea. As much as we talk about wanting to go to heaven it surprises me how little we actually talk about it.

However you view the end is whatever right now. Sin is done, sinners are gone. Satan is gone.

The new heaven and new earth is here and all that shall be will forever be. Judgement is over!

It's been ten years since all of that and now you're walking with Jesus and He asks this question. What would you say?

My question would be when will time end? (since we're keeping tract of years, months, and days, as if earth will still exist revolving arround the sun.)

CRIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Isn't it the case that if we stipulate that we are already in heaven, that it follows that we would have been already enlightened and know God? Saying that we are walking in some garden with Jesus as though we are the same people we are now--except assured of our salvation--seems to not quite make sense. Or maybe that's just me.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it the case that if we stipulate that we are already in heaven, that it follows that we would have been already enlightened and know God? Saying that we are walking in some garden with Jesus as though we are the same people we are now--except assured of our salvation--seems to not quite make sense. Or maybe that's just me.

Said same. IF God CAN do above all we would think or ask, why not expect Leader to Lead?

Here is where we will ALL be led to, already stated to us:

1 Cor. 15:
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

I don't expect to be thinking or asking anything as squint at that point, not even in 'new' form. There will be GOD in ALL.

Can one ASK for MORE? Sorry. Can't think of any more than THAT.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Make me an instrument of your will.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I didn't say we'd be walking in a garden, although that's not bad either.

I'm not sure what you mean by "already enlightened and know God..."Do you think that we'll at anytime ever fully comprehend God?

What is your take of heaven, perhaps that's where we're getting mixed up. I'd like to think that this would be a rather enjoyable hypothetical to ponder.

We're assured of our salvation now. In the example of the OP transformed. This mortal has put on immortality. This corruptible has become incorruptible. We're talking with angels, walking streets of God, enjoying our heavenly homes etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SDA must view time passing by to justify sabbaths in heaven.
Is there not a text saying that time shall be no more??? (I cant find it now)

CRIB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.