So let's talk about TV

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is that a bad thing? Many examples modern technology were inspired by fictional sci fi concepts. People looked at it, and said "Hey, lets find a way to make this science fiction into science fact".
I'm not talking about inventions. I'm talking about concepts. Like time travel.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It's a fun concept, but it can turn into 'vain imaginations'. Man in not limitless, he does have limits. Remember when the proud people of 'Babel' thought they could build a tower to reach heaven itself? It was a vain imagination and their pride was crushed.

Anyways, right now my stance concerning the whole of TV is this: For me, I think I need to lessen my viewing of it right now.

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
yeah I don't even watch television. I watch House and 1000 Ways to Die on the internet, other than that I spend time doing stuff that's actually productive lool. Most of the television shows on now absolutely suck horribly, anyways. What happened to the days of Samurai Jack and Cow & Chicken??

Upvote 0

rudez

Keep it Real
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2011
Dallas, Texas
✟7,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Watch whatever You want
But don't get influenced by it
And keep it in mind.

Just because you watched The Rock smacking John cena doesnt mean that You're sinning

But after watching that if you do the same to your friend or etc it means you're sinning through the influence of the tv.

God never blames the sin,he forgives the sinner,and condemns the source of sin and the channel through which it came.

Upvote 0

NDNgirl4ever

LPN, Vegan Hippie Freak, and Tony Orlando and Dawn
Sep 12, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟8,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm not talking about inventions. I'm talking about concepts. Like time travel
As long as you realize that it's fictional, I see no problem with watching stories involving time travel.

My favorite shows are shows from the 1970's and 1990's like Tony Orlando and Dawn, Emergency!, Good Times, Dr. Quinn, ect. I also watch some Anime shows like Inuyasha and Shin-Chan. As none of those shows are currently on the air, most of the time I watch DVDs. However, I also watch a few current shows like Modern Family, Are We There Yet, NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, and even Family Guy and American Dad on occasion. So I believe that it's okay to watch anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Anything is fine as long as it doesn't directly cause us to sin.
I do not believe that TV can actually cause us to sin. Can it encourage negative behavior? Yes. But if a person chooses to imitate something seen on TV and sins in the process, it's their own fault.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a little like asking "Should Christians drive cars?" The car is not the problem. Where you drive it may be. Television is not the problem. The programming is. Christians have a responsibility to "drive" to programming that is not contrary to Biblical principles.

Upvote 0