✟95,789.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christians, we have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit, John 14:

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
  1. The Paraclete speaks to our consciences (Romans 8:16). This is not a physical sound wave to be heard in your ears. It is not a voice in your head either. It is an intuitive discernment in your spirit. You can sense the rhema-word quietly. It is like a spiritual antenna. It is not an intuition in the usual sense of the word. You can only have this kind of intuition after the Holy Spirit has connected with your human spirit.
  2. We hear from the written word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Read the Bible every day. I employ A Disciplined Probabilistic Approach to Biblical Hermeneutics to interpret the Bible.
  3. We hear from mature spiritual Christian brothers and sisters, but we should not dismiss input from the less mature siblings, either.
  4. Most of the time, God does not have any particular rhema-word for us. Then, let the peace of Christ guide us. This is the practice of walking in the Spirit.
  5. Pray daily. Make your prayers your prayer life.
These are not theories. I practice them daily for my spiritual growth.

John 14:

26 But the Helper [Paraclete], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
In extremely rare cases, God actually speaks audible words to human ears, mostly to the prophets of the Old Testament.

What about dreams and visions today?

Yes, Joel 2:

28 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
God sometimes speaks in dreams. If the dream does not come true, then it isn't God speaking.

See also How do you know whether a thought is from the Paraclete or not?.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟833,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As Christians, we have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit, John 14:

1. The Paraclete speaks to our consciences (Romans 8:16). This is not a physical sound wave to be heard in your ears. It is not a voice in your head either. It is an intuitive discernment in your spirit. You can sense the rhema-word quietly. It is like a spiritual antenna. It is not an intuition in the usual sense of the word. You can only have this kind of intuition after the Holy Spirit has connected with your human spirit.
  2. We hear from the written word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Read the Bible every day. I employ A Disciplined Probabilistic Approach to Biblical Hermeneutics to interpret the Bible.
  3. We hear from mature spiritual Christian brothers and sisters, but we should not dismiss input from the less mature siblings, either.
  4. Most of the time, God does not have any particular rhema-word for us. Then, let the peace of Christ guide us. This is the practice of walking in the Spirit.
  5. Pray daily. Make your prayers your prayer life.
These are not theories. I practice them daily for my spiritual growth.

John 14:

In extremely rare cases, God actually speaks audible words to human ears, mostly to the prophets of the Old Testament.

What about dreams and visions today?

Yes, Joel 2:

God sometimes speaks in dreams. If the dream does not come true, then it isn't God speaking.

See also How do you know whether a thought is from the Paraclete or not?.
Thank you for your explanations of scripture. I spend hours, everyday, in talking to our Father in heaven. There is no greater pleasure than spending time with with the Lord and have experienced all of the ways that you describe in hearing and learning his truth.

God bless

Upvote 0