East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I earnestly pray for you, after seeing my mother die of lung cancer and had a leg wither and die, all due to smoking,
Dear Father, please deliver 'God is love' from the chains of the enemy, in Jesus name, Amen

Reactions: 11god11
Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey there! I smoked for nearly 6 years, only taking a break when I was pregnant.

I quit about 2 weeks ago. It is extremely difficult... I did cave a few times at work, but for the most part I am done.
Let me tell you, after the first 3-5 days of depression, pulling your hair out, and getting -no- sleep, it gets a lot easier...

You got this :)

I will say a prayer for your dedication and endurance.
I tell you, I feel sooo much better after quitting. :) it is worth it.

Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey there! I smoked for nearly 6 years, only taking a break when I was pregnant.

I quit about 2 weeks ago. It is extremely difficult... I did cave a few times at work, but for the most part I am done.
Let me tell you, after the first 3-5 days of depression, pulling your hair out, and getting -no- sleep, it gets a lot easier...

Let me know how it goes!
Glad to hear that you successfully quit. :)

Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I went from 4 packs a day to 0 a day cold turkey about 12 years ago...
If I can do it,so can you!
Remember,it's not WILL power,it's WON'T power..but mostly GOD.
Praying you get over this tough hurdle you are facing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

11god11

God Is Love
May 10, 2016
new zealand
✟15,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Let me know how it goes!
Many thanks new friend in Christ.God Bless You

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father grant this one the strength in Your power to overcome the temptation to smoke. May he take it one hour at a time, one day at a time. If he is still smoking, may You take away his desire to smoke with each cigarette. Grant him the power to take control over this habit. Show him that You love him and join with him in his quest to overcome. Thank You Father God for he is not alone for You are with him, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

11god11

God Is Love
May 10, 2016
new zealand
✟15,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brianna,just a mention that prayer plays perhaps the biggest role in stopping for good.Through God the Holy Spirit will tell nicotine it has no place
I earnestly pray for you, after seeing my mother die of lung cancer and had a leg wither and die, all due to smoking,
Dear Father, please deliver 'God is love' from the chains of the enemy, in Jesus name, Amen
Thankyou and my condolences for your mother and your loss,Peace God Bless You

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father grant this one the strength in Your power to overcome the temptation to smoke. May he take it one hour at a time, one day at a time. If he is still smoking, may You take away his desire to smoke with each cigarette. Grant him the power to take control over this habit. Show him that You love him and join with him in his quest to overcome. Thank You Father God for he is not alone for You are with him, In Jesus Name, Amen
PS: Stephanie7:

Have you yourself managed to stay quit from smoking?

I think you used to smoke, right?

I quit and have stayed quit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
After seeing the damage from smoking in my mother, she stopped smoking 20 years before she died, but it was too late for the slow growing cancer that was already established. it is pure evil in my eyes...I pray that you will be delivered from it, in Jesus name

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...I never smoked...just my mother, and we drove her crazy, my father and I trying to make her give up. She would sneak out and have a smoke out the back of the house, but she did give up when she became a Christian, that was wonderful.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Weird, I can smoke as and when I feel like and not get addicted. One or two cigars a week, tops. Never do I crave them though.

I'm not trying to get all 'superior' or anything, it's just strange how everyone's body reacts differently... Stick a tub of Ben and Jerry's in my face though and see what happens. Good bye lid! Won't be needing that!

Anyway, besides the point. I pray that God replaces your addiction with DESIRE. Desire and determination - in all areas of life. I don't like to pray with limitation.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...did you mention ice cream? wow, I could eat a tub right now...
I could share this...
frankie-and-benny-s.jpg

Upvote 0