karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
June 7, 2005
Signs

Daniel 4:2 I thought it good to show the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me.

Ever notice those church signs as you drive by? Here are a few favorites of mine:
  • If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk to the Shepherd.
  • No God - No Peace? Know God - Know Peace.
  • People are like tea bags - you have to put them in hot water before you know how strong they are.
  • Worry ends where faith begins.
  • God doesn't have a plan 'B'.
  • My way is the highway!
What does the sign you're wearing say? CRANKY, TOO BUSY, STEER CLEAR...

Signs like these aren't very attractive and won't attract many visitors. Have you ever thought much about how your relationships are affected when the message sent out is less than welcoming and seriously lacking in joy? Why not work on your personal message board every day, -- it's a challenge, especially on those less-than-great days. Try to post a message out front that says: YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME. I don't always succeed, but I'm sure it's an effort that pleases God. I'd never thought much about how my relationships with my family, friends and acquaintances are affected when the message I send out is less than welcoming and seriously lacking in joy. So I'm working on my personal message board every day now, and it's a challenge, especially on those less-than-great days. But at least I'm trying to post a message out front that says: YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME. I don't always succeed, but I'm sure it's an effort that pleases God. If you'd like to know for sure, why not look for a SIGN from God. I'm sure you'll find one.

Just the other day I drove by a church with this message: IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SIGN FROM GOD, THIS IS IT!

Lord thank You for Your signs of love that are all around us. Show each how to reflect that love in the signs shown others, and may You be seen in each heart.