✟18,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I liked the younger brothers speech.
"Merrill: One time, I was at this party... and I was sitting on the couch with Randa McKinning. She was just sitting there, looking beautiful, and staring at me. So, I lean in to kiss her, and I realize I have gum in my mouth. So, I turn to spit it out and put it in a little paper cup that was sitting by the couch. I turn back, and Randa McKinning throws up all over herself. I knew the moment it happened, it was a miracle. I could have been kissing her when she threw up. It would have scarred me for life. I may never have recovered."
I loved that!
it is a great movie. can''t wait for M Night Shyamalan's next movie!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just watched it for the second time, and I linked something together.
Grahams wife said "tell graham to see, and tell murrill to swing away".

She said something else about her kids, which was true. But Graham thought it was all luck now, becuase he lost his faith, or he thought God left him all alone.
That her last statement was just pure luck, from a misfired memory relapse, due to her death.

But at the end, Graham does tell Merrill to swing away, and you know what that does. Then Graham runs out to save his son. He said that his sons asthma(sp?) wasn't luck, that is was on purpose, because God knew that time would come, and morgans lungs would be closed. He didn't say all of it, but he did say it wasn't luck, and that his lungs were closed.
When murrill went to touch morgan, graham said "wait! give him a minute", he wasn't referring morgan when he said "him".
He meant God.
And he said so, when morgan asked if someone saved him. Graham responded "yes, I think someone did save you."

So her death statement was a prophecy, and Mels Group 1, Group 2, was true. Which group are you in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kesmith22

TK421
May 21, 2004
✟186.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Signs was awesome, it is my favorite Sci-Fi Thriller. The name has like 2 different meanings. Signs on the ground and signs from God. If the wife had never been killed then it would not have ended up that way.

I Love This Movie so much. The alien in the TV Freaked me out.

I hear that the Sxth Sense is really good, it is by M. Night Shyalaman also

I can't waith until The Village comes out.

Two types of people in this world... Which one are you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cherberrie

running to stand still
Jul 30, 2003
Florida
✟582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Agreed, Kimber and Sunstone. I originally watched the movie, thinking, this is an alien movie, should be interesting. But for me the movie was about faith and things happening for a reason, even the things we think are bad (the son's asthma).

It had humor too, especially the part where they run around outside the house and Mel yells "I'm insane with anger!". IMHO a really good movie overall. I definitely got more from it than I expected.

(Scary Movie 3 has the whole Signs parody and it's actually pretty funny, moreso than the first two I think!)

Upvote 0

Cozmo

Actively seek a living relationship with Him
Dec 22, 2003
Texas
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I truely enjoyed this movie. One of my favorites and yes, to me as well, this movie was all about faith. I could see God throughout this whole movie which was a breath of fresh air, imo. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it by all means. It's worth it.

God bless!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I thought Phoenix, should have gotten an oscar nomination for best supporting actor. And I felt the movie should have gotten a nomination for movie of the year.

I don't know if I can recall a movie that has moved me in so many ways as this one has.
It made me laugh, cry, and be totally freaked out. Almost all movies stick with one feeling.

Upvote 0

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Signs was an excellent movie. This one is the kind that makes connections between whole schools of thought. What was that Mel Gibson's character said? There are some people who think they are alone in this world...and some that believe that there will be someone there to help them out? or something like that. yep...that's God for ya.

Yep...scarey movie though. I still can't get through the door scene without jumping out of my skin. :D

M. Night Shyamalan has a new movie called "The Village" that is due to come out soon. It looks oober creepy and thought provoking as well.

Upvote 0