Should Christians play violent video games?

Should christians play video games with violence in them?

• Yes after all its only a game

• yes but not to excess

• No there are better games out there

• Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There has never been proof that violent games effect people. Heck...i've played them for ages and I don't have any violent tendancies. :) Why? Because I know it's fake. Blood in a game doesn't bother me AT ALL...but seeing blood in real life...no way man, I'd freak out. :)

Now..sex in games is another matter all together...
I DO think that effects a person. Unlike violents in games...nudity and sex in games doesn't leave anything to the imagination...you can't FAKE nudity..it's nudity..that's it. And it CAN effect you very easily.

btw. Doctor Who ROCKS...one of the best written shows ever. :)

Upvote 0

ReBjorn

All your base are belong to us
Dec 29, 2004
✟15,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many of God's people were fighters.

David was 'A man after God's heart'. He wasn't allowed to build the temple though, because he was a warrior. His son Solomon completed that task.

Every little thing we do counts. When you choose to do good instead of evil, when you choose to help a person.. when you choose to say something nice instead of just being grumpy.. we define our character as we go, and our character is the only thing we can take with us from this life as we move on.

Who am I to say you should or should not play violent computer games?

Learn what's good for you, and most importantly, include God in whatever you do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.