pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My 18 year old daughter who is making very poor choices. she just walked out of the house because she is annoyed that we changed her phone plan - after we had expained to her repeatedly what would happen and why. (skipping school is not acceptable to us) She is just walking off with her backpack on her back and nowhere to go. I don't know where she will go - her friend's parents have said she can't stay there so I am not sure what she will do or where she will go. She asked me to give her one reason why she should stay and I said because I love her. She said I am not showing it because I took away her texting. Please pray.

she just came in with her friend and took a laundry basket full of stuff - probably her friend's stuff that had been here - and they left. at least I guess she will stay at her friend's house. she will probably skip school tomorrow and will probably drop out - with only 7 weeks left - what a waste. I think she just wanted and excuse to do that.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry :( :hug:
Ugh, the things kids put us through :doh:

We also had trials with our daughter at that age; it DOES get better!
She is now 36 and survived, but kicks herself for some decisions she made.

Hang in there with prayer and 'tough love', and get counseling if you can (for her and the family).

This WILL pass.....though she most likely will have consequences to deal with; sadly, some learn the hard way.

Praying for your direction and strength.... and her protection and healing ~

Upvote 0

odiear3rd

May 24, 2005
Florida
✟8,967.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God Bless you. You just have to Pray that God will Protect them when they rebel. They are under your covering of Prayers. At this age they think they are grown and don't need us parents. I will keep your daughter in my Prayers.

:pray::pray:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Praying that she will come to her senses before the big mean old world takes advantage of her in the current predicament she has placed herself in... Praying that God will protect her, even in her wanderings in the wilderness of sin. Praying that what God has started in her life, will come through and bring her heart and mind to His wisdom and truth and surrender to His Will. Dear Lord if there is any prayer you need for this girl, place it upon my heart to pray for her.. So that your Will be done for her health, safety, and spiritual walk.. all these things I ask in your Son's name.. Amen

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My 18 year old daughter
just walked out of the house as she is annoyed that I took away her texting/phone plan -
after we had expained to her repeatedly what would happen and why.
(skipping school is not acceptable to us) She is just walking off with her backpack on her back and nowhere to go.
Please pray.
she just came in with her friend and took a laundry basket full of stuff..
she will probably skip school tomorrow and will probably drop out -
with only 7 weeks left - what a waste. I think she just wanted an excuse to do that.
You're guessing, you don't really know; that's where
learning... to Communicate with each other, is good :thumbsup:

As bad as that may appear, (it could be MUCH worse. How
would I know that? -
You don't wanna know. There are not enuf oceans on enuf planets, to fill with tears.)

At the same time, Keep praying... that she comes :pray: to her senses, some time soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quit blaming yourself, she is the one doing the moving, you don't want her to move, you never kicked her out, she is doing this on her own free will. You have rules in your house, and she was not abiding by those rules so you warned her and made the consequences clear. You're within your rights to take control and assert authority as a parent. I feel she will change her mind.

Father God, You know of this mom's heartache and worry. I pray that You will reveal Yourself so she will change her mind and return home and back to school. If she feels she must be away for a while then help her to find a safe place to live, protect her and help her to find a job for living expenses. I pray that You will teach her appreciation and respect. I pray that You will keep the parents strong, they were only setting some rules in the house and don't deserve this pain and worry. I pray that You will reveal Yourself to her and to this family and restore their relationship, In Jesus Name, Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:prayer: "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6. The promise applies to later in life. When they are young they will deviate like crazy, but when they get older, they will come back to the way you taught them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quit blaming yourself, she is the one doing the moving,
you don't want her to move, you never kicked her out,
she is doing this on her own free will.. You have rules in your house, and
she is not abiding by those rules so you warned her and made the consequences clear.
You're within your rights to take control and assert authority as a parent.
Who was paying the phone bill? Who's paying for her education?

Father God, You know of this mom's heartache and worry. I pray that You will convict her daughter here and now, reveal Yourself so she will come to her senses and return home and back to school. If she feels she must be away for a while then help her to find a safe place to live, protect her and help her to find a job for living expenses and for her cost of education. I pray that You will teach her appreciation and respect. I pray that You will keep the parent(s) strong, they were only setting some rules in the house and don't deserve this pain and worry. I pray that You will reveal Yourself to her and to this family and restore their relationship, In Jesus Name, Amen
This, for the most part, was really well said.

As a parent, I did these things myself. - Only my daughter did come to live sensible & responseably;
until she was on her own, & married. - Then, she made an astounding mistake,
that no parent should have to suffer thru, but some do, even the best.

I wish the best for your family - especially at this EASTER time.

God Bless you all with His :angel: wisdom...

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your prayers - for her and for me.

I find myself feeling like God is not listening because if He is,
why is this happening?
I know that is not the case, but that is how it feels right now.

She packed up everything in her room and tried to take it
and I told her that I paid for it and she can't take it and I threatened to call the police if she tried to take it.
Hi there :wave:

From similar experience, I know it's really tempting ^_^ to
also join in daughter's unreasonable acts, with unreasonable acts of your own:
so both of you could benefit from Counseling with somebody competent, skilled & experienced.

So here is one of many... thing, you need to understand: tho you paid for your daughter's "things", &
they are still in your home,
these "things" are still her belongings. SHE owns them, not you. You gave them to her. - So,
you are having Boundary-issues, Control-issues, & other issues?

Also THREATENING :( her, will only serve to drive her further away, because
she is not a Tiny-child anymore, she does have choices, she knows that;
so any emotional unreasonable Negative, Punitive, & other emotionally destructive behaviors
you continue showing will only make the both of your challenges worse...
All such are definitely NOT in the both of yours Best-interest.

It might be interesting, were your daughter posting here, and
get the very :hug: SUPPORT
you are getting at CF now,
but she is not.
There's always 2-sides to every story, you know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
th_TheJoyOfEaster6.jpg
:groupray:
Jesus, we thank You for Your constant love and care. Please watch over this teen who is feeling a need to be on her own and is frustrated with life and school and home. Please help her and her family through this crisis and struggle they are having. Amen.

:crosseo:Jesus, we thank you that You ARE RISEN and you hear us. Amen.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
th_TheJoyOfEaster6.jpg
:groupray:
Jesus, we thank You for Your constant love and care.
Please watch over this teen who is feeling a need to be on her own and
is frustrated with life and school and home. Please help
her and her family through this crisis and struggle they are having. Amen.

:crosseo:Jesus, we thank you that You ARE RISEN and you hear us. Amen.
Amen :amen:

Upvote 0