FuegoPentecostes

Apr 26, 2012
Connecticut
✟15,505.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Do you find it easy to settle into a new church/what makes you WANT to settle into any one church? What do you look for?

I realize lately that in my family I'm getting the reputation of "church hopper", and unfortunately rightfully so. I've been "settled" in 3 different churches in the past year! Part of it is because of my constant moving from Connecticut to Puerto Rico, but another part is something I can't figure out, I just feel I need to change churches after a while for some reason, but I really don't like to!
I ask for prayer that my situation allows me to stay in Hartford for a while and that I can enjoy and stay in this new church (I was brought by my friend and it seems great). :groupray:

Anyways, what about everyone else? Do you ever find yourself "church-hopping"? How long have you been in your current church? Do you ever feel like something new?

God Bless and Keep everyone ^.^

:wave:

7angels

Dec 8, 2011
✟10,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it sounds to me from what you have said that God wants you somewhere special. i don't know your spiritual condition but if this church is where God wants you to be then everything will work out.

me personally i church hopped many times. a lot more then 3 times in a year. i just did not understand what it was i was looking for. i found out when i went to a new church in our area that they teach the word and don't preach the word. i don't know if you know the difference but an example would be if a church preaches on faith they usually go into what we need faith for but never go indepth and explain why faith is necessary or how to go about getting faith or where to go to find it and ect. this church has helped me grow closer to God. this is where i will stay unless God tells me to leave. i hope this helped

God bless

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Do you find it easy to settle into a new church"

There's always a process of familiarization/Integration with a new church, but NORMALLY I know without much delay whether God has selected it as "Home" for me and the family, or not.

"what makes you WANT to settle into any one church?"

It's a really foolish idea NOT to be part of the Body Life of a group of Christians. I need it for stability, and a place to give ministry. The Bible SAYS to "gather" - so I do.

" What do you look for?"

The leading of the Lord, of course. There wasn't much that I liked about my present church except for the preaching. I particularly disliked the music - so the Lord said "This is home - and volunteer to play Bass for the worship team". so I did - for the next 8 years.

"Do you ever find yourself "church-hopping"?

There was a time in the '70s and '80s when I was "Becoming successful" in business that I was AWOL. but not since '91 or so. That was a period when We Knew that we wouldn't be putting down "roots".

"How long have you been in your current church?"

Going on 10 years now (and 11 years in the previous one). Been a Deacon for 6 of those years, and have no plans to go elsewhere.

"Do you ever feel like something new?"

Of course - I'm "Committed", not dead. But I'm exactly where God WANTS me to be in 2013 for reasons of His own, and until/IF He leads me out here's where I'll be. But I've been in enough churches at all levels for long enough to know that there IS nothing "New", so right here's fine.

Personally (style-wise) I'd rather be in the "Cowboy CHurch" than the Assemblies of God (I like the Country/Bluegrass music style instead of "Contemporary Christian" noise), and I started out Baptist 50 years ago.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,274,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you find it easy to settle into a new church/what makes you WANT to settle into any one church? What do you look for?

I've been born again for about twenty years. For the first ten years I just landed right in the church I needed at the time. But for the last ten years I have literally visited dozens of churches. I do alot of research before even visiting a church. I'll know the denomination or non-denomination well before walking in the front door the first time. I even go to their web site and try to gleen any more information just for my own use.

As far as what I look for in a church of course I look for bold bible preaching and teaching for the unbelievers and believers in attendance. I do believe in unity on the essentials and liberty on the non essentials. And second there has to be a real sense of caring between the brothers and sisters and then it must reach out to the community. Pray for me that I find a home church.

Upvote 0