Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I live in Colorado Springs. I have been trying to find a good local church. I want one that has sound doctrin. I want one that has a good comunity. I want one where they have life groups and/or programs. I desire friendships and hopefully to one day find a partner out of the congregation.

Now so far localy I have round extremes. I don't want to go to a mega church or a small congregation either, so this eliminates many. Also I do not want a place that is heretical or a cult and this seems to be a bad issue here as well. Any suggestions?

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can you be more specific about "sound doctrine"? The denominational churches (Presbyterian, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.) are more likely to have historically-rooted doctrine than the non-denominational ones (that is, they have centuries of well-developed theological writings exploring exactly what they believe and why), but they disagree about some of the details of which doctrines are correct. What, exactly, are you looking for?

Upvote 0

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you be more specific about "sound doctrine"? The denominational churches (Presbyterian, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.) are more likely to have historically-rooted doctrine than the non-denominational ones (that is, they have centuries of well-developed theological writings exploring exactly what they believe and why), but they disagree about some of the details of which doctrines are correct. What, exactly, are you looking for?
A church that is a part of the prodistant reformation. One that believes in holding to the vivle in its teachings. One that also goes though scripture chaper and verse starts in a book of the Bible and sees it though to its Compton. Useing supporting other areas of scripture and also weaves in sources like Spurgeon. Also a church that is come as you are, meaning ii can dress normal. One where we are saved by Grace though belife in Jesus and that we as believers have the holy spirit. That we are accountable for our actions and though saved by grace we do not have a license to sin. That ultimately we are to draw near to Christ and focus on him. There by loveing God with all of our hearts, mind, body and soul. And genuinely love our neighbor as ourselves. Also meaning we invest our time and.christ like love.to other believers. As the wold will know we are Christians by our love. Also a church that gives opertunities to serve and fulfill the commission not only by finances but by my time and service. A church that decerns and encourages belivers to search the scriptures and support belifes in context as well as with other supporting scripture references. A church that reaches out to the community and betters it. I hope this helps....

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to go to a mega church or a small congregation either,
Don't rule out any church untill you have attended it for at least a month.
It is not your preferences that are important here but where God wants you to serve, so please include that aspect in your prayrs.
As to which church looking at the christianityexplored web site I found:-

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I live in Colorado Springs. I have been trying to find a good local church. I want one that has sound doctrin. I want one that has a good comunity. I want one where they have life groups and/or programs. I desire friendships and hopefully to one day find a partner out of the congregation.

Now so far localy I have round extremes. I don't want to go to a mega church or a small congregation either, so this eliminates many. Also I do not want a place that is heretical or a cult and this seems to be a bad issue here as well. Any suggestions?
Well I certainly found a good one that is for sure.

I think that avoiding doctrinal error is far more important that "avoid a small church" -- at least me and about 22 million of my friends find that to be true - and I think a lot of people outside my denomination would agree with doing that.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you are looking to find a marriage partner a hip big mega church would provide the numbers to peruse. If you are looking to learn more about the bible a small independent bible church might have people who would take a personal interest in you and help you learn to use bible tools.

30 years ago I met my wife in a bible doctrines Sunday School class at a Baptist church. While no longer Baptist, we have grown in our mutual interest in bible study.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A church that is a part of the prodistant reformation. One that believes in holding to the vivle in its teachings.
Protestants held high the standard of 'Sola Scriptura" testing of all doctrine and practice. That is a good method- stick with it.
One that also goes though scripture chaper and verse starts in a book of the Bible and sees it though to its Compton. Useing supporting other areas of scripture and also weaves in sources like Spurgeon.
C.H. Spurgeon created a refined presentation of the "Baptist Confession of Faith" ... take a look at section 19 of that document. It is very insightful.

Upvote 0