AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
People who do not understand evolution like very much to use the implication of evolution for all other purposes. Evolution is a very convenient theoretical base for their misconduct.

QED ^_^

For example, I hate you and like to kill you. My theoretical base for that action is: I need to survive.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.allaboutworldview.org/secular-worldview.htm

I find in this description of secularism all that I need to understand why evolutionism is still there, in spite of its lack of consistency with scientific data:

Secular Science – Neo-Darwinian Evolution
The theory of Neo-Darwinism purports that natural selection acts on genetic variations within individuals in populations and that mutations (especially random copying errors in DNA) provide the main source of these variations. Because positive mutations seem to be rare, Neo-Darwinism contends that evolution will be a slow, gradual process. Without naturalistic evolution, there is no Secular Worldview. Anything else would demand a Creator, which would mean that man is not the source of all things. Secular Humanists believe that science has proven the theory of evolution to the extent that it is no longer a theory but a scientific fact. According to this “fact,” man is the most highly evolved of all creatures, and is now responsible for directing and aiding the evolutionary process.​

Of particular interest to me in this description is of course the phrase: "Without naturalistic evolution, there is no Secular Worldview. Anything else would demand a Creator, which would mean that man is not the source of all things."

So, the idea of evolutionism is growing, because anything else would mean that there is a God, and that people would have to investigate the major world religions for an answer to who God is.

Best regards, Peter
;)
Is this a SCIgen?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
People who do not understand evolution like very much to use the implication of evolution for all other purposes. Evolution is a very convenient theoretical base for their misconduct.

For example, I hate you and like to kill you. My theoretical base for that action is: I need to survive.

That makes no sense at all.

In fact, it seems like a mega-pathetic passive aggressive attempt at making "evolutionst" look like baby-eating devil worshippers.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That makes no sense at all.

In fact, it seems like a mega-pathetic passive aggressive attempt at making "evolutionst" look like baby-eating devil worshippers.

Male lions do kill their cubs. Is that included as a behavior of evolution?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Male lions do kill their cubs. Is that included as a behavior of evolution?

Avalanches do bury and kill people. Is that included as a behavior of gravity?

Just because something *is* so, does not mean that it is desirable or moral. Evolution and gravity can help explain these things that do, in fact, happen, whether we have an explanation for them or not.

(male lions typically kill cubs sired by *other* male lions, not their own.)

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A nonsensical question that only deserves a nonsensical response.....

Male lions do kill their cubs. Is it included as part of God's plan?

I can say no to your question. And you do not know how to argue about it.
But I can defend my question with good argument.

That is a big difference.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Avalanches do bury and kill people. Is that included as a behavior of gravity?

Just because something *is* so, does not mean that it is desirable or moral. Evolution and gravity can help explain these things that do, in fact, happen, whether we have an explanation for them or not.

(male lions typically kill cubs sired by *other* male lions, not their own.)

Yes. That is an action based on the principle of evolution.
Gravity is not comparable to evolution. Your analogy is not good.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes. That is an action based on the principle of evolution.
Gravity is not comparable to evolution. Your analogy is not good.

Actually, it's a great analogy. But so be it. Clearly lions are not aware of the principle of evolution. Therefore, if their actions are based on evolution, this must be because evolution is true.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it's a great analogy. But so be it. Clearly lions are not aware of the principle of evolution. Therefore, if their actions are based on evolution, this must be because evolution is true.

No individual who acted along a way of evolution is aware of following the principle of evolution. Lion is. We are too.

True or not is another issue. Any principle can be applied on something. This thread is about the applicability of evolution. I say: they are all pretty BAD applications. Love, as defined in the I Cor. 13, is anti-evolutional, for example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No individual who acted along a way of evolution is aware of following the principle of evolution. Lion is. We are too.

True or not is another issue. Any principle can be applied on something. This thread is about the applicability of evolution. I say: they are all pretty BAD applications. Love, as defined in the I Cor. 13, is anti-evolutional, for example.

Love promotes the protection of loved ones and thus increases survival chances of those loved ones.

In any case, nothing you said is an actual argument against the science of evolutionary biology.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Love promotes the protection of loved ones and thus increases survival chances of those loved ones.

In any case, nothing you said is an actual argument against the science of evolutionary biology.

No one is talking about science in this thread.

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps because the OP started with a quote about evolution from a fundamentalist religious site that does not believe in the science of evolution.

http://www.allaboutworldview.org/secular-worldview.htm

Your mind is not clear.

Science is science. Everyone will appreciate methods used in science (logic) and will recognize data of science.
Interpretation of scientific data is up to individual preference. When do interpretation, non-scientific idea is very commonly made.

In this thread, we try to apply science. That would make anything go.
My argument: Any application of evolution can only be BAD!

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your mind is not clear.

Science is science. Everyone will appreciate methods used in science (logic) and will recognize data of science.
Interpretation of scientific data is up to individual preference. When do interpretation, non-scientific idea is very commonly made.

What exactly is "an application of evolution"?

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your mind is not clear.
On what did you base that comment?
Science is science.
I agree. What's your point?
Everyone will appreciate methods used in science (logic) and will recognize data of science.
Not everyone. Certainly not you.
I have no idea what that means.

Your argument "Any application of evolution can only be BAD!", clearly shows that you do not believe what you wrote "Everyone will appreciate methods used in science (logic) and will recognize data of science."

Upvote 0