Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Republic of Texas' Secessionists Raided by Armed Feds, Police During a Faux 'Court Hearing'
"FBI agents led a raid on a Texas secessionist "court hearing" to which the group tried to summon a county judge with false legal documents.

The Houston Chronicle reported that the secessionist group believes that it lives in a country independent from the United States. Members of the group call it the Republic of Texas, and maintain "a small working government, including official currency, congress and courts" in Bryan, Texas."

The raid itself is suspicious but what's really troubling is this part:

"The law enforcement team corralled all 60 members of the Republic, and proceeded with fingerprinting, and seizures of cell phones and recording equipment. No arrests were made."

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
'Republic of Texas' Secessionists Raided by Armed Feds, Police During a Faux 'Court Hearing'
"FBI agents led a raid on a Texas secessionist "court hearing" to which the group tried to summon a county judge with false legal documents.

The Houston Chronicle reported that the secessionist group believes that it lives in a country independent from the United States. Members of the group call it the Republic of Texas, and maintain "a small working government, including official currency, congress and courts" in Bryan, Texas."

"The law enforcement team corralled all 60 members of the Republic, and proceeded with fingerprinting, and seizures of cell phones and recording equipment. No arrests were made."

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Outgunned, outmaneuvered, and most importantly, outsmarted.

The revolutionaries are going to have to do better.

I can't just one day claim my house to be autonomous of the United states. This isn't a Family Guy episode. We have a system on how to secede from the U.S. Perhaps these guys should utilize that instead of pulling an ISIS and just claim their an autonomous country with absolutely no legitimacy.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can't just one day claim my house to be autonomous of the United states. This isn't a Family Guy episode. We have a system on how to secede from the U.S. Perhaps these guys should utilize that instead of pulling an ISIS and just claim their an autonomous country with absolutely no legitimacy.

Indeed --- what we've got here is a bunch of overgrown children playing soldier. So the government decided to play along.

Good for them.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm amazed that someone could do this and not be arrested for it. In other countries, you'd be killed for treason.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is that system? Tell us where they went wrong.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm amazed that someone could do this and not be arrested for it. In other countries, you'd be killed for treason.

The only problem I see is the false documents which seemed a bit bizarre

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The real problem is that our founding documents that allow for seccession have been trampled underfoot. I think a lot of people would welcome getting rid of the federal government and secession on paper is legal but the federal government will shut you down if you try it. At some point the feds will have to be reigned in

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is that system? Tell us where they went wrong.

The system I am aware of only works with the states. the same one the South used to secede from the Union legally. I don't know if the same system can apply to a single town.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The system I am aware of only works with the states. the same one the South used to secede from the Union legally. I don't know if the same system can apply to a single town.
This group is working for a secession by the state of Texas

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This group is working for a secession by the state of Texas

Strictly speaking they believe that their land and control was not ceded in the first place but was taken by force and deceit.

Maybe if they were Native American there would be more people supporting them....

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Outgunned, outmaneuvered, and most importantly, outsmarted.

The revolutionaries are going to have to do better.

Funny, doesn't seem to be any reports that any of them were armed. Doesn't seem like they were hiding either.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Strictly speaking they believe that their land and control was not ceded in the first place but was taken by force and deceit.

Maybe if they were Native American there would be more people supporting them....
I support anyone who has finally had enough and wants to form their own country. If the laws regarding seceeding were enforced maybe there wouldnt be such a problem doing it. This country was founded on the idea that each state controlled its destiny and if they ever wanted to leave they could.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny, doesn't seem to be any reports that any of them were armed. Doesn't seem like they were hiding either.
Can you imagine the uproar had this been a meeting of a black organization and the feds moved in and fingerprinted everyone and seized their cell phones with no arrests made.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What law did they break, and was it lawful for the feds to perform a "raid" of any kind?

Thank you kindly.
The law they broke was they sent false subpoenas to two parties including a judge. But it seems to me that would be in violation of a state law, not a federal law. Perhaps I missed something

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I support anyone who has finally had enough and wants to form their own country. If the laws regarding seceeding were enforced maybe there wouldnt be such a problem doing it. This country was founded on the idea that each state controlled its destiny and if they ever wanted to leave they could.

Indeed.

Its sad how many people want to be slaves of Big Government.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I'm guessing that 60 people didn't create the false documents. The authorities will probably piece through the evidence they collected and make some arrests later, when they determine who specifically created and sent the documents. While 'simulating legal process' is against the law, there's probably no law against sitting around like a jackass in a play-pretend court.

Upvote 0