✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Danoh said:
Consider reading this book "Things That Differ," linked below; actually trying to do so in the spirit of Acts 17:11's two principles

If the above link does not work, just Google the phrase "pdf Things That Differ Stam" in quotes and it should come right up.

I have been told, and find it very possible, that more denominational pastors have come to preach the Grace message, after reading this book, then and other book.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Saints , a word of caution to the zealous for truth , dear BABerean2 , do you completely discount , dismissing out of hand the words ;
3 Beloved, all diligence using to write to you concerning the common salvation, I had necessity to write to you, exhorting to agonize for the faith once delivered to the saints,

By THE FIRST ASSEMBLE of our MASTER ?

( All twelve concurred )

14 and Peter having stood up with the eleven, lifted up his voice and declared to them, `Men, Jews! and all those dwelling in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and harken to my sayings,

Fulfilling Matthew 24:29,30,31 ! You do believe Acts is True ?

Would you please specify which translation of Holy Scripture & the verse you find the word " rapture " ?

Francisco Ribera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First known " USE " ; Rapture - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

" Origin of RAPTURE
Latin raptusFirst Known Use: 1594

This brings up an interesting point. When a human dies, time in their reality may be different from ours?

They close their EYES of flesh & a nanosecond later , OPEN their SPIRITUAL EYES AT the " READING " of their lives in the flesh !
"
and every one who is living and believing in me shall not die -- to the age;
"

so also the Christ, once having been offered to bear the sins of many, a second time, apart from a sin-offering, shall appear, to those waiting for him -- to salvation!
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Hebrews 9:28
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/John 11:26

Based on John chapter 5 there will be one simultaneous resurrection of the just and unjust.

In the following verses we see a description very similar to the famous rapture passage of 1st Thess. chapter 4. Those of the Disp. persuasion say this refers to the 2nd Coming and not the rapture, however both contain Christ coming in the clouds with a trumpet and angels.

Dear Brother , I fear not ONE WORD in early MSS Holy Writ , can you boast the same ?

John 4:23
but, there cometh an hour, and it now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father also doth seek such to worship him;In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are correct. The word "rapture" is not in scripture. I equate it with the resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living at Christ's Second Coming.

I am not attached to that word, as are some. I used it because it has come into common use, although as you stated it is not in scripture.

Trinity is not in scripture either, although most understand it to be a part of God's Word through inference.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been told, and find it very possible, that more denominational pastors have come to preach the Grace message, after reading this book, then and other book.
Why did they have to read any book other than the Bible to preach the grace of God? Does that make any sense?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are correct. The word "rapture" is not in scripture.
Actually it is in the Latin Vulgate at 1 Thess 4:17 (but shows up as verse 16):
Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aera, et sic semper cum Domino erimus.

Rapiemur = caught up = Gk harpazo = Rapture.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it is in the Latin Vulgate at 1 Thess 4:17 (but shows up as verse 16):
Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aera, et sic semper cum Domino erimus.

Rapiemur = caught up = Gk harpazo = Rapture.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why did they have to read any book other than the Bible to preach the grace of God? Does that make any sense?

The book, Things That Differ and many of its sister volumes, were often first published as a series of articles in Stam's The Berean Searchlight, way before they were published as books all those decades ago.

And the Things That Differ between The Law as a system of motivating service in contrast to how Grace motivates it, was coming to be understood more and more.

Back then, many of the then well known Pastors and teachers from various denominations around the country were reading Stam's material; throwing out what was not part of their view; keeping those aspects of Grace they believed were improvements on their own understanding.

Sort of like throwing out the H in H20, that kind of thing.

How do I know all this? Because I had been coming to some its understandings for some time, and when I was introduced to that book, I searched out all I could find on the movement, as has always been my practice towards any subject I want to know about.

Lol, at one point I owned over ten thousand books on every subject under the sun.

Anyway, at least read the book, I am certain you will find some edification in it.

Upvote 0