Scott Walker: I Don't Know if Obama Loves His Country

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,233.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As Rudy Giuliani takes heat for comments questioning President Obama's love for his country, Scott Walker, a leading Republican 2016 contender, says he doesn't know how Obama feels. "You should ask the president what he thinks about America," the Wisconsin governor tells the AP. "I've never asked him, so I don't know." Earlier in the week, the former New York mayor said during a dinner speech, with Walker in attendance: "I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America." Democrats have assailed Giuliani for questioning Obama's love of country and urged the potential field of Republican presidential candidates to rebuke Giuliani for his comments. Indiana governor Mike Pence, another possible 2016 candidate, said he didn't think it helps to question the president's patriotism or motives. But Giuliani, Pence said, is "a great American" who is "understandably frustrated with a president who lectures us on the Crusades, but seems incapable of calling radical Islamic violence by name."

-_____________-

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We know Michelle doesn't like it.

But really, why is this a big deal? I don't care if Obama loves the country or not, so long as he does his job. I'm fairly certain people hate their employer but yet are able to an effective job.

It's whether or not Obama's doing an effective job that I'd be more worried about.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I feel it is beyond ridiculous to put forth the notion that a president, any president didn't or doesn't love his country.

I mean seriously?

This is exactly why America is going to hell in a hand basket. Liberals hate Conservatives in office and try to undermine them at every turn. Conservatives hate Liberals in office and try to undermine them at every turn (though it is my belief the GOP is better at this game then Liberals)

Don't you see what this back and forth is doing to the country. How effective can the right hand be if the left hand fights it at every turn? How effective can the left hand be if the right hand fights it at every turn?

It is just plain silly. All the energy and inefficiency of BOTH Liberals and Conservatives fighting at every turn over the silliest of notions while we are beset on all sides by enemies will be the principle reason for the demise of this country.

It is beyond childish, it is criminally negligent. We are in a car speeding towards a wall. If we go right we will miss and live, if we go left we will miss and live, but the right hand and left hand are fighting over which direction to go and their fight will be the reason we head straight into the wall and die.

Truth is, sometimes as a country we need to go left, sometimes as a country we need to go right. Believing that only one direction is the right direction is beyond hubris, it is dangerous. Believing that 40% of your respective countrymen are "the enemy" when there are actual real enemies at the gate with cans of gasoline trying to burn your house to the ground is just beyond criminal negligence.

I guess we need another 9/11 in order for us to unite as a nation and see who and what a real enemy is.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How often has Obama mentioned that he loves America and thinks we're an exceptional country? He spends most of his time criticizing the U.S. and trying to remake our country into something completely different. It's hard to believe he has America's best interests at heart when his words and actions seem to be in direct opposition to what made us great in the first place. I believe Walker and Giuliani have struck a nerve because they're getting at the heart of what modern liberalism is about: blaming America for the world's ills and doing whatever it takes to drag it down.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How often has Obama mentioned that he loves America and thinks we're an exceptional country? He spends most of his time criticizing the U.S. and trying to remake our country into something completely different. It's hard to believe he has America's best interests at heart when his words and actions seem to be in direct opposition to what made us great in the first place. I believe Walker and Giuliani have struck a nerve because they're getting at the heart of what modern liberalism is about: blaming America for the world's ills and doing whatever it takes to drag it down.

You left out the part about his being a Muslim bent on the destruction of America.:cool: Giuliani and Walker are, by contrast, sincere patriots whose vision is impaired by having their heads in their derrieres.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How often has Obama mentioned that he loves America and thinks we're an exceptional country?

Does he need to?

He spends most of his time criticizing the U.S. and trying to remake our country into something completely different.

Our nation is imperfect just like any other.

It's hard to believe he has America's best interests at heart when his words and actions seem to be in direct opposition to what made us great in the first place.

Which are what?

I believe Walker and Giuliani have struck a nerve because they're getting at the heart of what modern liberalism is about: blaming America for the world's ills and doing whatever it takes to drag it down.

I guess we liberals are willing to admit that the country is far from perfect and that things need to be done to make it more so.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is always room for improvement, is there not?

Fundamentally transforms seems a bit more than that.

fundamental- a central or primary rule or principle on which something is based.

transform- make a thorough or dramatic change in the form, appearance, or character of.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think if one wants to fundamentally transform something then he/she probably didn't love it before.

This is a good point.

If you were going to get married and your spouse vowed their intention to fundamentally transform your character and personality would you think they loved you.....

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
... He spends most of his time criticizing the U.S. ...

This is the problem right here, any criticism of the US must automatically equate to hatred?

The important, more critical thinking question is: How valid are those criticisms?

Domestically we have police beating and killing US citizens. Some of the Occupy Wall Street footage made me ashamed to be an American. You have citizens sitting down on public property locked arm in arm and a Police man with a Quart can of Pepper Spray just walking along the line spraying each of them in the face...

But of course, if I criticize that I'm not a patriotic American????

I could go on listing the various problems America has. The reason I do so is not because I hate my country, it is because I love my country and want it to change for the better. And that doesn't happen by sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the ills of this nation.

....and trying to remake our country into something completely different. It's hard to believe he has America's best interests at heart when his words and actions seem to be in direct opposition to what made us great in the first place.....

What exactly are you talking about? American imperialism and foreign policy is probably responsible for how so many entities world wide hate us today. In some matters we did a lot of good and fostered tons of goodwill world wide, in other matters we have committed acts that are part of the recruitment posters for ISIS and Al Qaeada.

Failing to be critical of ourselves and understand the differences of our various actions is beyond negligent.

I believe Walker and Giuliani have struck a nerve because they're getting at the heart of what modern liberalism is about: blaming America for the world's ills and doing whatever it takes to drag it down.

This sentiment right here is why America is doomed, you have demonized an entire class of people. You see "liberals" as the enemy just hell bent on destroying America and only those like you are the only thing that stands between America surviving and thriving vs America being burned to ashes and destroyed.

America is responsible for some of the world's ills. We supported Osama bin Laden at one point in time. We've set up many corrupt puppet governments that later turned on the US. We even invaded a country under false pretenses.

Failing to understand the above means failure to properly deal with future problems caused by our own actions.

What is the alternative, the grade school argumentative trick of pretending that you never did anything wrong and you just can't understand why everyone is mad at you?

If this country is to ever be great, we need both Liberals and Conservatives working together. There are some things the Liberals are 100% right on, there are some things Conservatives are 100% right on, but the majority of issues require both Liberal and Conservative solutions. Some need a 20/80 mix, some need a 40/50 mix, some need a 60/40 mix.

However, if this trend of "all or nothing" continues, soon, this country will be destroyed and each side can take comfort in blaming the other for its demise...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think if one wants to fundamentally transform something then he/she probably didn't love it before.

You mean like the way Steve Jobs transformed Apple

You mean like the way Sam Walton transformed the Retail industry ala Walmart

You mean like the way McDonalds transformed the Fast Food industry

You mean like the way Subway transformed their image with the whole Jared campaign and eat fresh

You mean like the way a parent of an addict wishes to transform their kid, get them clean and healthy

I could go on...

It is possible to love something but still desire to fundamentally change and make that something better.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean like the way Steve Jobs transformed Apple

You mean like the way Sam Walton transformed the Retail industry ala Walmart

You mean like the way McDonalds transformed the Fast Food industry

You mean like the way Subway transformed their image with the whole Jared campaign and eat fresh

You mean like the way a parent of an addict wishes to transform their kid, get them clean and healthy

I could go on...

It is possible to love something but still desire to fundamentally change and make that something better.

You left out the word "fundamental" in all your examples.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a good point.

If you were going to get married and your spouse vowed their intention to fundamentally transform your character and personality would you think they loved you.....

Excellent example. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You left out the word "fundamental" in all your examples.

So Obama wants to scratch the Constitution and set up a Royal Dynasty.

Please explain how Obama wants to "fundamentally" change the US.

I'm serious. Please give some examples, any example of Obama doing something that is "fundamentally different" than has been done before.

Social Security was started way before him.
US government gives billions in subsidies to oil companies and other cash rich private industries.
US government has granted amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants in the past.

Anything he has done is similar enough to things that have already been done that you cannot make the claim he wants to "fundamentally" change the US.

So again, please, I'm dying for you to list some of the stuff Obama wants to do or has done that is so fundamentally different than what is in the Nation's history...

Incidentally, if you are a student of US history, the Constitution, the theory behind this nation you would realize that one of the nation's greatest strengths is to be able to "adapt and change". The Constitution is a "living document". As a nation, we've evolved from slavery and women being 2nd class citizens to civil rights and equal rights so one could argue that the only "fundamental" thing about America is that we grow, change, and evolve for the better....

Upvote 0