Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Back in 2008 when she said this was the first time she's been proud of her country.

Michelle Obama: “For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country” - ABC News

She later tried to bandage that one up, but people saw through it.

She's had a few speeches where she sorta went on tirades about America, and then managed to insult the students she was addressing by stating that none of that really mattered to them.

I certainly don't think she loves this country.

But I'm okay with that. I don't care if her or Barack love it.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back in 2008 when she said this was the first time she's been proud of her country.

Michelle Obama: “For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country” - ABC News

She later tried to bandage that one up, but people saw through it.

She's had a few speeches where she sorta went on tirades about America, and then managed to insult the students she was addressing by stating that none of that really mattered to them.

I certainly don't think she loves this country.

But I'm okay with that. I don't care if her or Barack love it.

In which we learn that "pride" and "love" are synonyms.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
In which we learn that "pride" and "love" are synonyms.

I believe when it comes to a country, yes, they can be. If one loves their country, they're certainly not going to say "this is the first time I've been proud of my country".

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I believe when it comes to a country, yes, they can be. If one loves their country, they're certainly not going to say "this is the first time I've been proud of my country".

I always cringe when laymen try to dissect the innermost workings of someone else's mind based on a Freudian slip.

A lot of what we say are figures of speech. We will say things in a way to try to convey our feelings and it is natural to occasional fall into a figure of speech like, "This is the best thing that ever happened to me" or "I've never felt this way before".

Saying something like, "this is the first time I've...." easily falls into that.

So when we then try to put on our Freudian hats and dissect that saying like, "Aha!!!!! I knew it, see this is proof positive that she doesn't love America" that makes me want to roll my eyes until they fall out of my head.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes a figure of speech is just a figure of speech.

I mean seriously people, do you "honestly" believe that the wife of a major politician would "hate" the country they live in. Politicians and their wives eat, sleep, drink, and breath their respective countries. In effect their country is "who they are". Please stop and think about that, try to step back from your ideology and try to understand exactly what it means to be firmly rooted in the world of politics. It goes beyond love or hate, it is part of your DNA.

I don't like Bush, I hate Cheney with the white hot passion of a thousand suns, but I would never let my emotions overrule my basic common sense and say something like, "Cheney hates America..."

Now. I believe his actions were bad for America, but I'm sure he loves America simply because he is a politician and it is in his DNA

Michelle Obama is a Politician's wife. The USA is in her DNA like her children are of her DNA. To try to claim she doesn't love her country is beyond the heights of arrogance and hubris. By what right do you have to tell someone else how and what they believe.

You might think their actions are harmful, but you can never make the claim to their thoughts, especially based on some Freudian slip that is a common figure of speech for crying out loud...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"You should ask the president what he thinks about America," the Wisconsin governor tells the AP. "I've never asked him, so I don't know."
Entirely appropriate response from Scott Walker, given that Barack Obama wants to fundamentally transform the country and Michelle Obama has never been proud of her country except for the day Barack was elected.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I always cringe when laymen try to dissect the innermost workings of someone else's mind based on a Freudian slip.

A lot of what we say are figures of speech. We will say things in a way to try to convey our feelings and it is natural to occasional fall into a figure of speech like, "This is the best thing that ever happened to me" or "I've never felt this way before".

Saying something like, "this is the first time I've...." easily falls into that.

So when we then try to put on our Freudian hats and dissect that saying like, "Aha!!!!! I knew it, see this is proof positive that she doesn't love America" that makes me want to roll my eyes until they fall out of my head.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes a figure of speech is just a figure of speech.

I mean seriously people, do you "honestly" believe that the wife of a major politician would "hate" the country they live in. Politicians and their wives eat, sleep, drink, and breath their respective countries. In effect their country is "who they are". Please stop and think about that, try to step back from your ideology and try to understand exactly what it means to be firmly rooted in the world of politics. It goes beyond love or hate, it is part of your DNA.

I don't like Bush, I hate Cheney with the white hot passion of a thousand suns, but I would never let my emotions overrule my basic common sense and say something like, "Cheney hates America..."

Now. I believe his actions were bad for America, but I'm sure he loves America simply because he is a politician and it is in his DNA

Michelle Obama is a Politician's wife. The USA is in her DNA like her children are of her DNA. To try to claim she doesn't love her country is beyond the heights of arrogance and hubris. By what right do you have to tell someone else how and what they believe.

You might think their actions are harmful, but you can never make the claim to their thoughts, especially based on some Freudian slip that is a common figure of speech for crying out loud...

It's a simple opinion, holy cow. I also said I don't think it matters. She could hate our country with the fire of a thousand hells and I. Wouldn't. Care.

I think it's silly to assume that a politician loves his country just because he's a politician.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's silly to assume that a politician loves his country just because he's a politician.

Or that he/she "hates" it because of advocating changes. Every first term President comes in with a "We're gonna change things" meme.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"President Obama, you don’t love America.”

“If you really did love America, you would call ISIS what it really is ... an assault on Christianity, an assault on America, and a down-right hate for the American values our country holds ... of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and every single thing that our country stands for.”​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUtirCf-RfU#t=49

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If I were the President of the United States and I hated America, if I really wanted to hurt this country, I'd go on television and I'd make speech after speech about how all Arabs and Muslims are all terrorists that need to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

I'd bring about WWIII and exacerbate every single conflict in the world with an "Either you are with us or against us" type attitude.

I'd then bring about legislation so we can put all Arabs and Muslims and anyone of even remotely Middle East or Arab decent into concentration camps.

Then I'd also throw a few inflammatory speeches Putin's way and in fact I'd have the US jump in the Ukraine / Russian conflict.

In fact, I'd put American troops all over the globe fighting in multiple theaters in which 80%+ of our armed forces are committed to include Ukraine / Russia conflict.

And for good measure I'd provoke a war with North Korea and Iran and Syria.

Between every Muslim being in fear of us, us calling for global war against all muslims and Arabs because you know they are all terrorists anyways. Then with our fighting against Russia and NOrth Korea and Iran and Syria as well as getting back into Iraq and Afghanistan and for good measure lets just invade Pakistan as well. Then alienate all of our allies with a "Either you are with us and against us" attitude, I'm confident I could have the US completely destroyed inside of 5 years easy.

If I were president and I hated America, it would be fairly easy to destroy this nation within a term. And I don't mean the "sky is falling" crap you hear on Fox News. I mean the literal destruction of our Armed Forces coupled with attacks that would make 9/11 look like a birthday party.

So can we dial down the rhetoric and use some common sense and separate out our emotions. I mean, to say that a president, any president doesn't love the country or even that they hate the country is just flat out beyond idiotic.

Yeah, I might disagree with whatever president is in office or his policies or his strategies... but that is a far cry from "he hates our country..."

If he really hated our country, it would be fairly easy to destroy it.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, Walker stated he didn't know what was in his thoughts, and people are making all kinds of claims. ^_^ for crying out loud! :p

Nothing can be a different point of view, because differences means HATE today. Its so beyond strange.:doh:

Personally, I find that a convenient way to shut down the conversation more than have one. Everyone seems to get so dang gum defensive over everything, and its always assume the 'worse'. lol if they didn't say the worst? They will dream it up that they did - with full intent of course, and run with it.

I find that the President - to me anyway - is extremely sheltered and pretty out of touch with mainstream America. I'm not speaking about talking heads, or people with strict political beliefs...I'm speaking of the average Joe on the street. It's pretty plain what the left and right believe, but most of the time they don't represent average people. I think the media loves the drama, and plays it up like they do of course!

In his position I blame more his inner circle more than him. In his world - like most people in his position - he is in a very insular world. He has staff that should clue him in, and sadly I don't think they do. I have friends of all political bends, and we have all seen it.

I also tend to think at times the man talks down to people, and you don't win hearts by doing that. This 'terror summit' was a good example. You will always have extremist's that feel that all Muslims are terrorists - or heck even most of them. He spoke like majority of people don't understand the difference between a Muslim and an Isis member, and we need to be reminded to be NICE to the average Muslim. He spent more time giving his lecture about that than he did making people feel like he had a plan to address what is happening. I mean people are frightened, and he didn't really address how to ease that fear. It seemed to me he was trying to minimize it, and that isn't a smart move.

Again, I would assume his staff isn't telling him what is going on in the hearts and minds of the average citizen. Most of us know what a extremist is compared to a neighbor that worships at their local mosque. Yet, he didn't speak to people like they did.

If you saw it differently it doesn't automatically mean I hate him - or democrats or anyone else. I have a different viewpoint, and sadly today people just can't seem to accept that premise. (shrugs) not everyone lives in a all or nothing world. Yet, it seems we are being programmed to think that is the case.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
150904-scott-walker-blames-obama-for-disturbing-trend.jpg

Police Fatalities Much Lower Than Under Reagan, Yet Walker Blames Obama
http://www.progressive.org/news/201...ch-lower-under-reagan-yet-walker-blames-obama

Yesterday, in a guest column in the aptly named Hot Air, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker blamed President Obama for the "disturbing trend of police officers being murdered on the job."

Walker, frantically trying to catch-up to Donald Trump in the not-so-thinly-disguised racism department, says that Obama's "anti-police" and racially-divisive "attitude" is "not the America I grew up in" and caused a throng of Black Lives Matters protesters in St. Paul recently to chant "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" at nearby police officers. All this, according to Walker, is causing police officers to be murdered on the job like never before.

Let's take a closer look at this "disturbing trend" that is, in Walker's words, "not the America I grew up in. "

As you can see in the graph above, when Walker was growing up, there were nearly twice as many police shooting fatalities at this point in President Reagan's second term. In fact, police shooting fatalities are down from last year and are also lower than at this point in Presidents Clinton and Bush's second term in office.

Walker is a liar. This is why his campaign has fizzled.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me? Its not the number that is important on that front - its the attitude. Police are going to be killed on the job, because its part of the risk. Sadly. I know our neighborhoods were talking about that here just the other day. How it seems like they have a target on their back due to the attitude today, and that's completely different than majority of the circumstances in which police are killed.

The stats don't take that into account, and to me that is a completely different ball of wax.

Upvote 0