Scientists don't require time machines to study craters.

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

On behalf of scientists, who don't know the Truth.

As I said in Post 20:

I have a feeling that, if one was built, scientists would line up around the bend to verify this, that, and several other things.
Why would scientists want to verify a tacky Australian newspaper of the past which kept its readers abreast of the times on page 3.

truth.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would scientists want to verify a tacky Australian newspaper of the past which kept its readers abreast of the times on page 3.

If you could go back in time for 24 hours, where would you go?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would go back to Egypt circa 2500 BC to find out how the engineers completely messed up building what should have been a true pyramid.

Bent_Pyramid_%E6%9B%B2%E6%8A%98%E9%87%91%E5%AD%97%E5%A1%94_-_panoramio.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some things are cute when you're a kid, but when you're an adult they're just tragic. Like believing in Santa Claus or the Easter bunny, at this point in your life they're not so funny anymore.

Hey now! I believe in Saint Nick. But despite the rumors, he's not currently living...at the North Pole.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to go back and re-do a few choices I made in life. Some of which were really bad and hurtful.

But you only have 24 hours!

Just kidding! ;)

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

My plan 'A' is to live until time travel becomes possible, then I'll go back in time to get my dog. I WANT MY DOG BACK... NO IF's, AND's, or BUT's. Catholicism holds that pets don't have an afterlife... therefore, heaven or not, I simply refuse to die. My plan 'B' is any religion that'll let me get my dog back. Christianity is therefore low man on the totem pole. Sorry Christians... you're supposed heaven has nothing that I want.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would go back to Egypt circa 2500 BC to find out how the engineers completely messed up building what should have been a true pyramid.

Bent_Pyramid_%E6%9B%B2%E6%8A%98%E9%87%91%E5%AD%97%E5%A1%94_-_panoramio.jpg
Hmm. Now that I see it again, I wonder...

How did they realize it was to steep? Did the upper part fail and they put the shallower top on the part that didn't fail after clearing the debris? Did the building inspector finally show up?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. Now that I see it again, I wonder...

How did they realize it was to steep? Did the upper part fail and they put the shallower top on the part that didn't fail after clearing the debris? Did the building inspector finally show up?
An engineering disaster.
There is evidence within the core of the Bent Pyramid that it was begun as a much smaller pyramid, with a slope of some 60°. Structural problems, caused mainly by the unstable sandy underground, forced the builders to encase this central pyramid in a girdle with a slope of 54°27'44". This was the slope for the lower part of the pyramid as it stands today. Unfortunately, the building technique that was used -a technique going back to the Step Pyramids which consisted of using inward leaning courses- did not help to stabilise this monument. Fearing that the pyramid would collapse under its own weight, its slope was lowered to 43°22' somewhere halfway up the building.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Except maybe your dog.

But according to Catholicism, my dog's not there, and with all due respect to other Christian denominations, I have to presume that Catholicism is the preeminent authority on the matter. Hence, I reject their reality, and substitute my own.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But according to Catholicism, my dog's not there, and with all due respect to other Christian denominations, I have to presume that Catholicism is the preeminent authority on the matter. Hence, I reject their reality, and substitute my own.

Wow -- no comment.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You dog wasn't Baptised then .. 'Original Sin' and all of that ..

• Haha
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ha.

Id go back and buy a lot of walmart,
Apple, bitcoin, berkshire hathaway...
I’d go back to this afternoon. I had a really relaxing day. Nice and peaceful.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0