Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not true, all animals have souls, spirits or life forces, if something is alive it must be alive for a reason, right?
QV 1018

You're contradicting yourself.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
3,190 +/- 1,090 years would go back to Abraham himself.
The right word is could, joshua 1 9. Error limits go both ways.
The dates for one of several "Aarons" starts 2,000 years ago and goes to 4,280 years ago. 1000 years at 20 yeas per generation is 50 generations and thus 50 possible matches.
The dates for another of the several "Aarons" starts 2,900 years ago and goes to 5,500 years ago. Lots of possible matches in that range.

We do not know that Aaron is a descendant of Abraham because we have no DNA from Aaron or Abraham :eek:. All we have is the genealogies in the Bible which are not completely true (they have gaps) and have uncertain accuracy (no independent evidence). That makes the rest of your post moot.

ETA: There are no dates for Abraham in the Bible. So to get those dates we have to indulge in some circular reasoning by assuming the Bblcal genealogies are correct and complete and do some counting. But we know the genealogies are not complete!
We are not even sure whether Abraham was a historical figure.

You ignored the most important part of the post.
Extended Y chromosome haplotypes resolve multiple and unique lineages of the Jewish priesthood. This is that there are multiple "Aarons" separated by centuries. And a later paper with
Accordingly, our results stress the limitations of using the above haplotype motifs as reliable Jewish ancestry predictors and show its inadequacy for forensic or genealogical purposes

And something you have not noticed. Relying on DNA to back up the truth and accuracy of Biblical genealogies does the opposite. We have a Y-chromosomal Adam who lived 200,000 to 300,000 years ago. Making him the Biblical Adam (as you do with the Biblical Aaron) means that the Bible must be missing thousands of generations which is not at all accurate and hints at falsehood (where did the names for the generations between Adam and say Abraham come from?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The right word is could, joshua 1 9. Error limits go both ways.
Would of, could of or should of has nothing to do with anything. We already know the Bible is absolute truth. The fact that there is scientific knowledge to establish the truth in the Bible is only icing on the cake.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science is based on shifting sand, its always moving and shifting. It states one thing today, but don't worry it will change tomorrow. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

Except that science shifts towards truth our knowledge grows, and the areas we could be wrong are smaller and smaller, thigns like evolution, physics, and many other disciplines could be wrong about small details, but in order for say all our knowledge of them to be wrong, it be literally every part of science to be wrong. Take age of the earth, the age has shifted slowly over time, but it's towards a more acurate number it's not suddenly found out that the earth is 6000 years old, rather closer to the current age we have, of around 4.65 or so years old.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Except that science shifts towards truth our knowledge grows, and the areas we could be wrong are smaller and smaller, thigns like evolution, physics, and many other disciplines could be wrong about small details, but in order for say all our knowledge of them to be wrong, it be literally every part of science to be wrong.
Small details?

Were we a "fetus," or a "child in the womb" at one time?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Small details?

Were we a "fetus," or a "child in the womb" at one time?

Thats a political question and has nothing to do with science.

If you want to discuss abortions go to the political or ethics section of this site.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you want to discuss abortions go to the political or ethics section of this site.
Then forget abortion.

I'll rephrase the question to filter it out.

We're you a fetus at one time -- as opposed to a "child in your mother's womb"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Then forget abortion.

I'll rephrase the question to filter it out.

I'll answer if that makes you happy. Yes, of course my body was a fetus at one point.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And, @joshua 1 9, I am still waiting on you to give evidence for your claim that following the Bible can medically add 30 years to a persons life.
LOL everytime your restate this you get more mixed up about what you claim I said.

The Bible says: "you were dead in your transgressions and sins," Eph 2 1 Without Jesus people simply do not have life.

"God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead in our trespasses" Eph 2:5

Apart from God we do not have life. It is only in and through Christ that the dead are made alive.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats because your trying to pollute the debate wih your values.
Do you realize that you are always guilty of what you accuse others of? I do not know anything at all about you until you judge me, then you tell me a lot more about you then what I want to know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you realize that you are always guilty of what you accuse others of? I do not know anything at all about you until you judge me, then you tell me a lot more about you then what I want to know.

How about no.

Upvote 0

AdamSK

Jun 28, 2016
Ohio
✟16,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was both. The two concepts are not in conflict. "Fetus" means gestating offspring with differentiated organs. "Child" means a youth member of a family. I was both when my mom was pregnant with me.

In the same way, I am both a human and also a person.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,719.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
LOL everytime your restate this you get more mixed up about what you claim I said.

The Bible says: "you were dead in your transgressions and sins," Eph 2 1 Without Jesus people simply do not have life.

"God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead in our trespasses" Eph 2:5

Apart from God we do not have life. It is only in and through Christ that the dead are made alive.

You made the claim that following the Bible can medically add 30 years to your life. You said this, in black and white. But you have consistently refused to give any evidence to back up your claim, only shifting of the burden of proof, red herring articles about what science says, not the Bible and claims that me asking you for evidence if flaming.

You have been asked to provide evidence by multiple other people, but you have continued to play dumb and have refused to give any evidence.
Prove me wrong on my idea that you are acting disingenuously and give us evidence for your claim that following the Bible can medically add 30 years to a persons life.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You made the claim that following the Bible can medically add 30 years to your life.
I said that following the teaching of the Bible can add up to 30 years to your life. Dr Sangay claims to be able to add 30 years to your life:

Ways To Add 30 Years To Your Life

How long will you live? 70% of your longevity is determined by your lifestyle. So, in a way, you are in control of your destiny. Taken together, all of the following lifestyle changes will help you live as much as 30 years longer. Here are tips from Dr. Sanjay Gupta's book "Chasing Life".

5 years: Don't smoke
It's not cool to smoke. You smell, your teeth turn yellow, your skin looks like leather and your voice gets low and raspy. It also gives you lung cancer. Ick.

5 years: Eat power foods
It's all about the antioxidants. Every day you should eat a handful of dark chocolate and almonds, as well as fruits, vegetables, garlic and even a glass of wine.

4 years: Skip the fast food
Drive past the McDonald's and Wendy's without stopping and you'll live a lot longer since you're not ingesting all that fat and cholesterol.

3 years: Get moving
Run for 30 minutes, five days a week and you can live up to four years longer. If you walk, you'll add three years.

3 years: Get married
Numerous studies have shown that married people are happier and healthier. Why? They take care of each other. Face it, most men see a doctor because their wives made the appointment and told them to go.

3 years: Eat salmon twice a week
Eating fatty fish that contains omega 3 fatty acids, such as wild salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines, not only appears to lower your risk of Alzheimer's disease, but also helps control triglyceride levels and inflammation.

3 years: Lose the fat
You'll not only look and feel better, but you'll be healthier if you lose weight. Being overweight increases your risk of death by 20 to 40 percent. Now that's motivation!

3 years: Have sex
Having sex two to three times a week helps you live longer by cutting in half your risk for heart disease and stroke. How? Sex burns about 200 calories, which is the same as running for 30 minutes.

1 year: Floss daily
The greatest benefit of regular flossing is healthy gums. Research has shown that gum inflammation is linked to heart disease. Keep your gums healthy and your heart may follow

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I said that following the teaching of the Bible can add up to 30 years to your life. Dr Sangay claims to be able to add 30 years to your life:

Ways To Add 30 Years To Your Life

How long will you live? 70% of your longevity is determined by your lifestyle. So, in a way, you are in control of your destiny. Taken together, all of the following lifestyle changes will help you live as much as 30 years longer. Here are tips from Dr. Sanjay Gupta's book "Chasing Life".

5 years: Don't smoke
It's not cool to smoke. You smell, your teeth turn yellow, your skin looks like leather and your voice gets low and raspy. It also gives you lung cancer. Ick.

5 years: Eat power foods
It's all about the antioxidants. Every day you should eat a handful of dark chocolate and almonds, as well as fruits, vegetables, garlic and even a glass of wine.

4 years: Skip the fast food
Drive past the McDonald's and Wendy's without stopping and you'll live a lot longer since you're not ingesting all that fat and cholesterol.

3 years: Get moving
Run for 30 minutes, five days a week and you can live up to four years longer. If you walk, you'll add three years.

3 years: Get married
Numerous studies have shown that married people are happier and healthier. Why? They take care of each other. Face it, most men see a doctor because their wives made the appointment and told them to go.

3 years: Eat salmon twice a week
Eating fatty fish that contains omega 3 fatty acids, such as wild salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines, not only appears to lower your risk of Alzheimer's disease, but also helps control triglyceride levels and inflammation.

3 years: Lose the fat
You'll not only look and feel better, but you'll be healthier if you lose weight. Being overweight increases your risk of death by 20 to 40 percent. Now that's motivation!

3 years: Have sex
Having sex two to three times a week helps you live longer by cutting in half your risk for heart disease and stroke. How? Sex burns about 200 calories, which is the same as running for 30 minutes.

1 year: Floss daily
The greatest benefit of regular flossing is healthy gums. Research has shown that gum inflammation is linked to heart disease. Keep your gums healthy and your heart may follow

One more time.

You said you had "medical evidence" that following the bible adds 30 years to your life. Where is, this "medical evidence" that specifically states following the bible adds 30 years to your life?

Upvote 0