Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
WOW...I seem to have been missed! I am honoured :D I love you guys.

Philothei is calm and friendly, and always has something nice to say.
Kyrie spells things funny! :p And her writing is quite eloquent!

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Sacrum Silentium again reminded me of that story in the desert fathers where the laughter of one monk made another weep, asking what in the world could be funny when our souls are in peril...

Hint hint! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Salvatore reminded me of the story in the desert fathers where a monk was being ridiculed by a man, who was accusing him of all sorts of things which the monk humbly agreed to... except for one thing.

The man told him, you are a murderer! The man had held anger in his heart against his brother and said it is so, I am a murderer. The man told him, you are a thief! And the monk knew that in his mind he had once wanted to steal, so he replied yes, I am a thief. The man told him, you are an adulterer! The monk replied, it is so, knowing of the lust he had once held in his heart towards women.

The man then replied, you are a heretic! To which the monk rose to his feet and told the man sternly, an adulterer, a thief and a murderer I may be, but I am no heretic!

:p

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
SS made me remember the response, "Gee, Mr. Monk, how come I can accuse you of all these nasty things and you just sit there, but when I call you a heretic you freak out?" :p

Methinks the language in the books is a bit higher, but it gets the point across.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.