Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has said he will donate his entire $32bn (£20bn; €29bn) fortune to charity.

The 60-year-old nephew of King Salman is one of the world's richest people.

He said he had been inspired by the Gates Foundation, set up by Bill and Melinda Gates in 1997.

The money would be used to "foster cultural understanding", "empower women", and "provide vital disaster relief", among other things, he said.

Source.

Good for him! :)

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Source.

Good for him! :)
"Philanthropy is a personal responsibility, which I embarked upon more than three decades ago and is an intrinsic part of my Islamic faith," he said.

Nice to see some good being spoken about Muslims, rather than the usual hate speech which is directed at them

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm all for charities, but since Saudi Arabia has quite possible the most extreme sect of Islam in the world.. I am highly suspicious of any of their charities. Last thing the world needs is more wahhabism...Guess what ISIS follows by the way?

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm all for charities, but since Saudi Arabia has quite possible the most extreme sect of Islam in the world.. I am highly suspicious of any of their charities. Last thing the world needs is more wahhabism...Guess what ISIS follows by the way?
"Alwaleed Philanthropies supports and initiates projects around the world, regardless of gender, race or religion. We collaborate with a range of philanthropic, government and educational organizations to combat poverty, empower women and the youth, develop communities, provide disaster relief and create cultural understanding through education. Together, we can build bridges for a more compassionate, tolerant and accepting world."

Sounds far from what you are describing.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Alwaleed Philanthropies supports and initiates projects around the world, regardless of gender, race or religion. We collaborate with a range of philanthropic, government and educational organizations to combat poverty, empower women and the youth, develop communities, provide disaster relief and create cultural understanding through education. Together, we can build bridges for a more compassionate, tolerant and accepting world."

Sounds far from what you are describing.
Let me guess, their web site says that? :oldthumbsup:

I am saying we shouldn't let the charity exist. I am saying we need to keep an eye on what they are doing.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am saying we shouldn't let the charity exist. I am saying we need to keep an eye on what they are doing.

...did you forget a "not" in the above post? :scratch:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. While the thought is commendable, to whom the funds go to would be of great concern to me in that part of the world. Especially that large of amount of money.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
White billionaire gives away his fortune. People commend him for it.

Brown, Muslim billionaire guy does the same. People find it suspicious.

There is some call for caution. Far too many good people donate huge blocks of money that then get used in ways other than what they intended. Death bequests are particularly vulnerable to that.

But in this case he has created the foundation and is donating now, while his is alive and vital. Smart guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

He looks white to me :D .

Yes, It is about a muslim guy promoting a terrorist religion as somethiong else. It is pr excercise to hide the jihadi agenda.

The issue is terrorism.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

If I thought that, that alone would be reason enough for me to think that I may be a little jaded in my understanding of a particular race/religion.

Bill Gates saw fit to donate a tonne of cash for things like mosquito nets and other "religious charged" material like that. Do we honestly not think it's possible a Muslim person could do the same?

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Do we honestly not think it's possible a Muslim person could do the same?

There is no need to THINK. Muslim charity is almost always meant for muslims or Islam.That is a fact not some thing you derive by brain storming.

Having said that, There is no evidence till now the the said alwaleed supported terrorists activities directly, but the most of the money ends up with the brother hood.

The said billionaire appears to be an exception in that he did donate some money for a non-muslim country.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

This goes for all Charities. There have been a host of Charities (including Christian ones) which were/are horrifically run and barely more than a scam.

I remember some charities that have 90%+ overhead!!!! Meaning that 90 cents of every dollar goes to pay operational and other costs of the charity and only 10 cents makes it to the intended recipient.

here is a list of some horrifically run charities

1158748.jpg

Reactions: Smidlee
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Way to bring race into it where it is not necessary.

Upvote 0