Satanists plan protest with ‘unbaptisms’ when Christian rocker Sean Feucht holds Washington worship

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,119,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A group of Satanists plans to crash a Christian evangelical event in Washington state featuring musician Sean Feucht, with a ceremony featuring “unbaptisms” where ashes of an incinerated Bible are dabbed on a person’s forehead.

Ms. Coffin, who said she uses a pseudonym to protect her job as a health care worker, said Mr. Feucht “tends to border [on] pretty hateful things, especially against the trans community. A lot of our members are trans [and] LGBTQ, so it’s really important to us to be there and just offer that alternative and those gender-affirming rituals as well as unbaptisms and just show Olympia and our community that we’re there for them.”

Why am I not surprised that LGBTQ and Satanists are working together to undermine Christian messages?

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Bringing disruption to their worship.

Didn't you read the OP?
They’re Satanists, they play for the “other team”.
They’re supposed to be the “bad guys”.

It sounds as if it upsets you that these things are true.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟171,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, with religious freedom even if we know they are working for the enemy they are still within their right to.
However, religious freedom keeps us from being discriminated against. So, if we can protest so can they.
Can’t have it both ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟439,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why am I not surprised that LGBTQ and Satanists are working together to undermine Christian messages?
Probably because no one is surprised when people rejected by Christianity go elsewhere.

That said, satanism isn't really popular among any group, including minority groups. The whole thing including this OP event is just a tiny sideshow.. We shouldnt pretend its important.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,222,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Strange bedfellows" alliances are actually pretty common when two groups have both had beefs with the same entity.

Remember when Westboro had their little rallies? You'd see a pretty eclectic group of people showing up to protest them together.

Not to mention, many "Satanists" don't actually believe in an actual Satan, they're something of a satirical/ironic group aimed at helping reign in the power of government and public influence by showing religious people what it's like when other groups want to use some of the same perks they've carved out for themselves and highlighting hypocrisy when they bristle at it.

They've actually had some successes on that front from a legal standpoint.

A simplistic example of their aims:
Religious people: "We should be allowed to exempt from these certain rules on the basis of our religion"
Them: "Great, we're a religion too, so that means we get to ignore these other certain rules, you said that's cool right??"
Religious people: "Ummm...okay, we've thought about it a little more, maybe it's not such a good idea to allow people to use their religion as a basis for ignoring certain rules"

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟847,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A group of Satanists plans to crash a Christian evangelical event

Bringing disruption to their worship.

FTA: "The Washington State Capitol in Olympia will be the site of Mr. Feucht’s July 28 rally, which will include music and worship — with the Satanist protest “within eyeshot,” protesters said."

It does not appear that any crashing or disruption is planned.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,152,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A group of Satanists plans to crash a Christian evangelical event in Washington state featuring musician Sean Feucht, with a ceremony featuring “unbaptisms” where ashes of an incinerated Bible are dabbed on a person’s forehead.

Ms. Coffin, who said she uses a pseudonym to protect her job as a health care worker, said Mr. Feucht “tends to border [on] pretty hateful things, especially against the trans community. A lot of our members are trans [and] LGBTQ, so it’s really important to us to be there and just offer that alternative and those gender-affirming rituals as well as unbaptisms and just show Olympia and our community that we’re there for them.”

I've never even heard of Sean Feucht. Is he some major Christian recording artist?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
"A lot of our members are trans [and] LGBTQ, so it’s really important to us to be there and just offer that alternative and those gender-affirming rituals as well as unbaptisms and just show Olympia and our community that we’re there for them.”

This is fantastic! What an inspiring message! Good for them.

I'll also note that this event is happening out in the open and public space in front of the state capitol where ALL residents of the state of Washington have a right to be present. Nobody is "crashing" anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟336,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I couldn't read your link, because it wants me to pay. Also, I couldn't find any more articles about it. With that being said. I don't believe Satanists, should be using the Satan title. It makes them look bad, I don't believe Satanists or anyone, should be protesting a worship. But I don't believe Religions should be forcing their morals and belief on everyone. But Conservative Christian and Conservative Religions are forcing their morals and belief on everyone. For years, they have been spewing hate and lies, because of the right-wing media. And they still think it's okay to defend them, even though they found out they been lied to. I've also looked up Sean Feucht, He seemed to believe the right-wing media. And choose to fall for Trump and endanger people's lives during COVID-19 pandemic. Conservative Christian and Conservative Religions need to clean their own home. They're supposed to be setting a good example. I'm not seeing it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,777,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

Mr. Feucht said self-described Satanists have thrown animal’s blood at him and an attempt to do so in Seattle was “stopped from the authorities” before they could try. He said the prospect of an oppositional event in Olympia doesn’t bother him.

“We’re not going to be deterred, and we’re not going to be afraid and we’re not going to be pushed into a corner and we’re not going to be intimidated,” he said. “This is not our first rodeo with them.”

He said the Satanists view state capitols as “spiritual high places” where advocates fight “for abortion and the future of our children. A lot of the laws are created there, and so they feel threatened that we’re bringing God to the [state] Capitol.”

“When they see Christians go into the Capitol, declaring the promises of God, they feel threatened. It means that we’re doing what God called us to do, and it means that the powers of darkness are threatened.”

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟847,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I've never even heard of Sean Feucht. Is he some major Christian recording artist?
I know of him from his association with Bethel Church in Shasta County and its superspreader event.

From the original link there:
Among Bethel’s most high-profile attendees is singer Sean Feucht, a volunteer worship leader at the church and failed Republican congressional candidate who led a nationwide “Let Us Worship” tour in defiance of health mandates, drawing thousands of people to Christian music concerts, including at the National Mall.

Some “Let Us Worship” posts have been censored by Facebook as possibly linked to the baseless █████ conspiracy theory that alleges █████ is battling a syndicate of █████-worshiping ███████ who control the █████ ██████████.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
They’re Satanists, they play for the “other team”.
They’re supposed to be the “bad guys”.

It sounds as if it upsets you that these things are true.
It doesn’t upset Christians. We understand God’s word is being fulfilled when things like this happen.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
I know of him from his association with Bethel Church in Shasta County and its superspreader event.

From the original link there:
Among Bethel’s most high-profile attendees is singer Sean Feucht, a volunteer worship leader at the church and failed Republican congressional candidate who led a nationwide “Let Us Worship” tour in defiance of health mandates, drawing thousands of people to Christian music concerts, including at the National Mall.

Some “Let Us Worship” posts have been censored by Facebook as possibly linked to the baseless █████ conspiracy theory that alleges █████ is battling a syndicate of █████-worshiping ███████ who control the █████ ██████████.
What does the black out parts say? Where can i read the whole thing.

Upvote 0