Jul 5, 2015
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So this year I have truly starting real relationship with Christ and had an idea. I wanted to start a bible study/chrsitian gathering over the summer. I want to start small and build upon it throughout college. I wanted to select a few friends that I've noticed over the past few months who seem like they really want to grow with Christ. Yet I hit a bump in the road.

It seems most of the people I contacted to ask how their summer was or maybe we can grab lunch (to talk about my idea) they haven't responded at all. Mostly the women, maybe they think I'm "hitting" on them? I'm not sure. \ Part of me wants to say "If they're too shallow just to even say hi back they don't deserve this opportunity" and part of me wants to keep fighting. Kind of stuck on what to do now. Any advice would be great.

P.S. This is my first post on this forum! I look forward to much more here!

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello & welcome to the forum!!! Firstly, pray pray pray, ask for God's guidance & direction on this situation! If He wants you to do this Bible study then He will guide you on the exact when where what who and how. It may not come into fruition right away, but if it's God's will, it will most certainly happen and you are already willing, so good for you. Keep asking God how He wants you to do things & see what He does in terms of whether or not He will open this door for you. In the mean time, you can ask God to lead & guide you in studying His word so that He will help you to stand firm on His word & that will help you be even more strong in your faith in Him when you do possibly begin this Bible study. The Bible study may not start at all with the people that you had in mind, ask God to send you the people He has in mind for this & just be willing & ready to do whatever He leads you to. All things in prayer & through Jesus Christ. Also, I'm so glad to hear your relationship with Christ has been developing so much this past year, God bless you :) (I just got baptized like 3 hours ago for the 1st time, wee! :D)

Reactions: chasechrist
Upvote 0

chasechrist

Jul 5, 2015
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello & welcome to the forum!!! Firstly, pray pray pray, ask for God's guidance & direction on this situation! If He wants you to do this Bible study then He will guide you on the exact when where what who and how. It may not come into fruition right away, but if it's God's will, it will most certainly happen and you are already willing, so good for you. Keep asking God how He wants you to do things & see what He does in terms of whether or not He will open this door for you. In the mean time, you can ask God to lead & guide you in studying His word so that He will help you to stand firm on His word & that will help you be even more strong in your faith in Him when you do possibly begin this Bible study. The Bible study may not start at all with the people that you had in mind, ask God to send you the people He has in mind for this & just be willing & ready to do whatever He leads you to. All things in prayer & through Jesus Christ. Also, I'm so glad to hear your relationship with Christ has been developing so much this past year, God bless you :) (I just got baptized like 3 hours ago for the 1st time, wee! :D)

You won't believe this! I prayed about it and went to help my dad drop a car off at the shop and when I got back one of the people replied! Isn't that something?! Congrats on your baptism! Haven't been baptized, is it an experience?

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, baptism is definitely an experience, and lol I had to get dunked twice bc I didn't go under all the way on my first go around! Lol the water was cold! Try to get baptized in warm water if cold water bothers you :) I have images in my mind of skipping through a meadow, that's how I feel :)

Prayer will get you everywhere! When God opens a door, all you have to do is say "Yes, Lord!" and walk through it. I'm so happy to hear that someone has replied to you! I pray that your Bible study will be blessed :D "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” - Matthew 18:20, let that encourage you, my friend! :)

Upvote 0