Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually 1 judge disagreed to make the difference. 2/3rds majority to override the President - but just a 1-judge majority to change what God has setup.

There is no law nation wide for or against SSM -- to be ruled "unconstitutional"

Judge Roberts:

"Many people will rejoice at this decision, ... But for those who believe in a government of laws, not of men, the majority’s approach is deeply disheartening. ... Five lawyers have closed the debate and enacted their own vision of marriage as a matter of constitutional law. Stealing this issue from the people will for many cast a cloud over same-sex marriage, making a dramatic social change that much more difficult to accept.
. The Court today not only overlooks our country’s entire history and tradition but actively repudiates it,

"Five lawyers," he said, deemed themselves chosen, "to burst the bonds of history."

Roberts wrote "Whether same-sex marriage is a good idea should be of no concern to us. Under the Constitution, judges have power to say what the law is, not what it should be,"

The chief justice also suggested that the logic applied by the majority to same-sex marriage might also be employed to defend polygamy, writing, "It is striking how much of the majority's reasoning would apply with equal force to the claim of a fundamental right to plural marriage."

Roberts predicted, "There will be consequences to shutting down the political process on an issue of such profound public significance. Closing debate tends to close minds."
Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it."

Well, where was Roberts for "Marbury v Madison" when he was really needed?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, where was Roberts for "Marbury v Madison" when he was really needed?

MvM ruled that the court had 'NO JURISDICTION' in the matter. Why would Roberts have complained about such a ruling??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Divorce and adultery are both legal. Why aren't you spending all your efforts to combating them, since they're far bigger issues?

When filing for divorce, you’re required to have a valid legal reason or grounds for the divorce. There are fault and no-fault grounds. Adultery is one fault-based reason for divorce, meaning the spouse seeking the divorce must prove the other spouse’s wrongdoing.

Depends on what you mean by "legal" -- getting a "legal divorce due to adultery"??

Upvote 0

cledussnow

Sep 15, 2015
✟7,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering if any of you could point me to the place in the New Testament where Jesus condemned a sinner.

Because my Bible shows Him as a friend of sinners. Who condemned only the religious and self righteous that went around pointing their fingers at the sinners.

Isn't sin something that Jesus and the Holy Spirit work in the individual to change and bring repentance about?

Why are WE as Christians so consumed with pointing at sinners and not leaving much room for showing love and actually REACHING souls?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question - does Jesus actually condemn sin, sinning, sinners?

John 5:22 The Father, in fact, judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son

John 12:48 48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

John 14:15 "If you Love Me Keep My Commandments"

Matt 5
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Rom 8:3 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Christ said "IF you were blind you would not have sin - but you say that you see - so your sin remains" John 9:41

John 15:22 "If I had not come and spoken to them they would not have sin but now they have no excuse.."

Matt 12:36 "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

Rev 20
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matt 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt 19
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matt 18
31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0