same sex marriage ruling in

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Different? You as a Christian don't see the difference between humans of the opposite sex of differing skin color marrying and two of the same sex marrying? That's a huge difference. One is sin (same sex) and one is not (inter racial). Ok you were not making that point but wanted to clear the air on that first.
Nope, not different legally. Both are innate characteristics targeted for discrimination throughout history. More Christians opposed interracial marriage back then, than oppose same-sex marriage today. Many Christians felt interracial marriage was a sin, including the trial judge in Loving v. Virginia. You guys are no different today.

40-years.jpg

I don't defend Christians opposing inter racial marriages. Frankly, there is no scriptural evidence to support that stupid claim in the first place.
God separated the races and never intended them to mix.
That was a misquided and racist tradition of man, and never came from God, especially for Gentiles.
Just like being anti-gay is a misguided and sexist/homophobic tradition of man.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, not different legally. Both are innate characteristics targeted for discrimination throughout history. More Christians opposed interracial marriage back then, than oppose same-sex marriage today. Many Christians felt interracial marriage was a sin, including the trial judge in Loving v. Virginia. You guys are no different today.

40-years.jpg

God separated the races and never intended them to mix. Just like being anti-gay is a misguided and sexist/homophobic tradition of man.

Find anywhere that interracial marriage is a sin according to God in the New Testament and you will not find it there. However sacrilege sex couples are spoken in both the old and New Testaments as being very destructive to the natural flow of humanity and our species as a whole.

The only place that you will find interracial marriage as a sin is in Judaism which by your own admission, you stated:

"God separated the races and never intended them to mix."

So tell me honestly why then do you use a picture of racial separation from 40 years ago to support your claim:

"That being anti-sacrilege is misguided and is the anti-sacrilege tradition of man."

Don't you think that it appears there is hypocrisy on your part to make comparisons as far as races are concerned to your Jewish belief in supporting anti-racial Union, however you are siding with sacrilege sex couples. Don't you think that it sounds absurd, biased and totally laughable when you present your pictures to highlight what was thought as sin previously is perfectly ok now. Then by your very own admissions that I have read, you are unwittingly labelling yourself as those people in the black and white picture that you portray today as anti-sacrilege tradition of man.

Hehehe. :tutu::tutu::tutu:^_^^_^^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Find anywhere that interracial marriage is a sin according to God in the New Testament and you will not find it there. However sacrilege sex couples are spoken in both the old and New Testaments as being very destructive to the natural flow of humanity and our species as a whole.

The only place that you will find interracial marriage as a sin is in Judaism which by your own admission, you stated:

"God separated the races and never intended them to mix."

So tell me honestly why then do you use a picture of racial separation from 40 years ago to support your claim:

"That being anti-sacrilege is misguided and is the anti-sacrilege tradition of man."

Don't you think that it appears there is hypocrisy on your part to make comparisons as far as races are concerned to your Jewish belief in supporting anti-racial Union, however you are siding with sacrilege sex couples. Don't you think that it sounds absurd, biased and totally laughable when you present your pictures to highlight what was thought as sin previously is perfectly ok now. Then by your very own admissions that I have read, you are unwittingly labelling yourself as those people in the black and white picture that you portray today as anti-sacrilege tradition of man.

wow...you really couldn't have missed the point in the post you responded to anymore then you did.
This may well be "THE MOST OBLIVIOUS POST IN THE WORLD!!" and the best part? this bit here:
tulc(doffs his hat in awe of this post)
party-smiley-038.gif

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as it caught your attention by the way that you responded, then it is a powerful post.
I will take that compliment. Thank you kindly.
you're very welcome. :wave:

I am joyful in the Lord Christ Jesus. :)
Hey! Me too! ;)
tulc(hopes your night is blessed) :)

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

40-years.jpg

God separated the races and never intended them to mix. Just like being anti-gay is a misguided and sexist/homophobic tradition of man.

One race marrying another was never forbidden in the Law of Moses nor the Law of Christ.

There were restrictions for Levite priests and certain nations surrounding Israel. Those OT restrictions were not imposed on Gentile Christian believers.

Homosexuality is stated as an abomination before God.

Although you try to link race and same sex relations, it does not stand the test of scriptures.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One race marrying another was never forbidden in the Law of Moses nor the Law of Christ.

There were restrictions for Levite priests and certain nations surrounding Israel. Those OT restrictions were not imposed on Gentile Christian believers.

Although you try to link race and same sex relations, it does not stand the test of scriptures.

Wait...are you saying no one used Scripture to support keeping the races separate? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wait...are you saying no one used Scripture to support keeping the races separate? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :)

Some used scriptures clearly and specifically for Israel and applied them to Christians. This method used is called supercessionism.

I mentioned this earlier...The "buck" stops with Christ. In Matthew 19 Christ defines marriage between one man and one woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some used scriptures clearly and specifically for Israel and applied them to Christians. This method used is called supercessionism.

I mentioned this earlier...The "buck" stops with Christ. In Matthew 19 Christ defines marriage between one man and one woman.

uhmmm...you do know none of the above actually answered my question, right? :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...you do know none of the above actually answered my question, right? :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Yes I did answer your post. There is absolutely no justification using scriptures for Christians to forbid inter racial marriage.

This is the third post where I made that crystal clear.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is a joke to millenials anyway. So much childbirth out of wedlock, and homosexual/bisexual activity in America it does not surprise me at all. War turns our focus away from God as well.

That's true. The homosexual lobby gained their arguments and strength from the promiscuity of heterosexuals and no fault divorce.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I did answer your post. There is absolutely no justification using scriptures for Christians to forbid inter racial marriage.

This is the third post where I made that crystal clear.

Well that would indeed answer my question if I asked "Does Scripture teach that races shouldn't intermarry?" which I didn't. I asked:
Wait...are you saying no one used Scripture to support keeping the races separate?
which you didn't actually answer. :wave:
tulc(it helps to answer the question asked not the question you think is being asked) :cool:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

40-years.jpg

You can either engage in the conversation or continue posting your propaganda. Show me support for same sex unions is supported by Jesus Christ and the apostles. I showed you they condemned such relationships.

Upvote 0

Holoman

Credo
Jun 29, 2015
UK
✟18,043.00
Faith
Catholic
I've seen a lot of arguments with scriptural references as to why homosexuality is a sin. I have seen nothing from those supporters of homosexuality to say why these Bible quotes should be ignored.

All I see is people bringing up inter-racial marriage, just because people have tried to use scripture to oppose inter-racial marriage does not mean that any argument using scripture to oppose homosexuality is incorrect.

Here's an idea, why don't gay marriage supporters actually address the issue directly and tell us why we should ignore scripture.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've seen a lot of arguments with scriptural references as to why homosexuality is a sin. I have seen nothing from those supporters of homosexuality to say why these Bible quotes should be ignored.

All I see is people bringing up inter-racial marriage, just because people have tried to use scripture to oppose inter-racial marriage does not mean that any argument using scripture to oppose homosexuality is incorrect.

Here's an idea, why don't gay marriage supporters actually address the issue directly and tell us why we should ignore scripture.

Because the site rules forbid us from doing so.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Debatable. Most Christians considered it wrong and the Bible discusses separating the races.

Just like the Leviticus passage used to condemn gays was directed at the Levite priests and not imposed on modern believers.

Nope, it's not. Abomination doesn't exist in the original scripture, and it's in the same books you just said had restrictions on the Levite priests. Lesbians are never condemned in the Hebrew Bible, thus homosexuality is never stated as an abomination, because lesbians are homosexuals too.

Aside from a clear lack of understanding about these Biblical verses, you're displaying a huge double standard.

Upvote 0