Same guitar colour as Marilyn Manson band

guitarintro

Jul 5, 2008
✟8,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently purchased a new Telecaster guitar that is one of the most common guitars for Worship music. I have the exact same model guitar as Jeffrey Kunde from Jesus Culture, but the colour of his guitar is Blonde and mine is Black. Personally, I really like the black more.

I also realized the guitarist in Marilyn Manson, John 5, uses a Telecaster as well, but it is a different model compared to Jeffrey's and mine. The colour of his guitar is black.

Should this be a concern? Am I supposed to exchange for a different colour?

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I recently purchased a new Telecaster guitar that is one of the most common guitars for Worship music. I have the exact same model guitar as Jeffrey Kunde from Jesus Culture, but the colour of his guitar is Blonde and mine is Black. Personally, I really like the black more.

I also realized the guitarist in Marilyn Manson, John 5, uses a Telecaster as well, but it is a different model compared to Jeffrey's and mine. The colour of his guitar is black.

Don't be ridiculous.

Upvote 0
A

amenkid777

I know this may sound strange, but if it tempts you to want to be worldly and evil, give you an ungodly attitude, listen to evil music, or play evil music, then yes, I would say get a different color. But if you can completely honor God when playing it it really shouldn't matter. If it is a grey area for you get a different color. Like, a yellow one, sunburst, white, red. Red would be really symbolic. You can also go to a store and get some godly stickers, or search the internet for some godly accessories and decorate it.

Upvote 0

guitarintro

Jul 5, 2008
✟8,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the all the responses. I didn't realize it was kind of a silly question. I've been overthinking things too much and I need to step back a bit. I remember asking my Pastor about whether accounting was bad because of a few words I read in the Bible about 'divided' and he said I should stop associating random things with other things.

Deep down inside, I know there's nothing wrong with having the same black coloured guitar as someone else, even if they use it for evil (produce evil music), as I am using it for good. If John5 from Marilyn Manson wore a black t-shirt and I happen to like wearing black t-shirts, it doesn't mean I am associated with him in anyway or that I agree with what he stands for. If John5 drives a Honda and my car is also a Honda, it doesn't mean we are related in any way, shape or form.

At the same time, owning the same guitar as Jeffrey Kunde doesn't make me as religious as he is. What I do with my possessions is not associated with anyone else.

I am writing this to remind myself to stop overthinking and to come back to read my own post if I ever overthink again.

I will be keeping the black guitar and rocking out for God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Should this be a concern?
No.

Am I supposed to exchange for a different colour?

No.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a red acoustic/classical guitar.
If its really bugging you exchange it for a different colour. I understand what you mean about black things. satan likes to hide in the dark. I really hate how in the rockshop everything is all black and you can hardly see anything. Ive been trying to find a new guitar case that isnt black, because my strap is broken, but thats all they come in.

Having said that one of my Holy Bibles book cover is black, the other one is white with a sort of ivory cover. Maybe you could add some decals or something to it so it wont look like it belongs to satan lol.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jon-stewart-huh.gif

With that said its not a big deal. I know some think people into black (or even red) are gothic or some sort of dark stuff but black is just a color. I love black and red also. Its just a guitar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible tells us not to despise prophecies, but to test them. Do not worry! There is always the possibility that a vision is from God, but at the same time, always the possibility that it is only from man. That is why the Bible asks us to test prophecies. If it was possible for a christian to definitely know if a vision is from God or not, the Bible would show us how to do that. But it does not, but instead is telling us to test everything, and that is about prophecies. I believe that God uses our mind and thought process, when he is talking to us, therefore the thoughts from God and our thoughts come to us mixed together.

And, about the nature of the vision? Well, a sickness is a curse as described in the Bible, not a blessing! How can a good and loving God give you sickness as a blessing? To be blessed means to be well with you. Jesus was healing all the time when he was on earth.

Upvote 0

Midst

Mystify Me
Sep 17, 2014
✟8,092.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Got to agree with confuseddotcom on this one......

SRSLY....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I bought a portable CD player yesterday as my old one broke and I still need something to play CDs on. They are now becoming really hard to find!

Anyway the first ones I looked at were expensive and one of them looked like something out of Star Wars. I don't know why people insist on designing CD players that look like that. Just wanted something simple. My last one was blue and gray colour, with orange and green buttons. It was very cute. Anyway.

There was one on special for only $30, there were only two left, and it was compleletley black with shiny silver buttons. The other ones didn't look like they would last, and fall apart after a few plays and they were white or pink. These weren't on special.

I was like 'what? The one I want only comes in black. Why must everything always be in black?? I can't see black in the dark! Also it doesn't go with anything in my room.
Well, I bought it anyway then went to the $2 shop and looked at some stickers cos I thought maybe I can just put stickers on it, to make it stand out. I saw these bling crystal stickers that you can put on anything and make it all...blingy. So I bought some pink and pearl blingy stickers and now I have a girly CD player lol.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

lol

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure that out there in the world there's a Satanist with blue eyes, a rapist who wears plain black socks and a murderer who has a pair of knickers the same as one of mine.

Am I therefore going to quit wearing underwear, change my socks pronto or start wearing brown contact lenses?

Of course not.

As you said- when tempted to overthink- remind yourself that it's kind of silly and laugh it off.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No one cares about the color as long as you use the guitar
to praise and worship Christ.....

Upvote 0