BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Brothers and Sisters, I have recently been noticing a spike in threads both here and in the non-denominational sub-forums,about Salvation and what one must do to attain it.

The amount of false doctrine and bad advice has been sickening to say the least...

So I decided to make a master thread to let everyone who is interested know the path to Salvation.

The path to Salvation is so simple... so much so,that,it's simplicity is what makes it hard to comprehend at first.

This is what you must do:

Believe

That's it...

You must Believe that Jesus is God,that He died and rose again on the third day,that you can never attain Salvation by any other means(especially through your own works), and that by Believing in Him; you will be saved from the punishment (you deserve) of your sins.

But Believing is a work right?

Well, not really.

Only those who He has called is able to Believe.

He grants us the ability to Believe or not.

So you either Believe,or dont.

But He does give us free will. And you can choose to reject Him (if your that dumb) if you so wish to.

But Scripture says to Repent!

Your right,it does.

The Greek word for Repent being used is "Metanoia",which means to "Change ones mind".

So when Scripture says to "Repent and Believe",it's saying: "Change your mind about God and Believe!"

Two different sides to the same coin friends.

But Scripture says to be Baptized!

Yes,it most certainly does.

It says to be baptized as an act of obedience to Christ,NOT as a means unto Salvation.

But Scripture implies we can lose Salvation doesn't it?

Jesus Himself said:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." -Matthew 12:31

The only Sin that is unforgivable is the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Which is to Curse/speak badly of The Holy Spirit.

But he who is already saved cannot say such a thing,because that would be unforgivable,which means we would be condemned,which means God lost one of His Sheep... absurd isn't it?

He who commits that then,was never saved to begin with. So if your truly saved,you've nothing to fear.

So you see,Christ is,as Scripture states it,"The Way,The Truth,and The Life". And again None shall get to the Father,except through Christ.

Scripture states,at times,passages which can be confusing. Such as:"If you Love me,you will obey my commandments".

This is not saying that you will be saved if you Obey Christ... it's saying that IF you really do love Christ,you'll obey His teachings. (Which are actually,for the most part,just to Love God most of all;and to Love and Forgive your Brothers unconditionally).

Because,you see, if you do Believe in Christ,and accept Him as Savior. You will see a change of actions both physically,mentally,and spiritually.

This is not to say you will be without sin though..

1 John makes that VERY clear.

But you see,as a Believer,you will hate sin,and not want to do it. And when you do sin,not IF,but WHEN you DO sin,you'll be sorry and confess it to God.

I think I've addressed most of the important points here,but if need be,I'll Edit or even post again.

If anybody has any questions/concerns/comments,feel free to speak. I'll try to answer each reply individually,with respect,and most importantly... Scripturaly..

I do ask though,that everyone keeps civil,and that we discuss any issues respectfully,and professionally. If anyone attempts to flame or troll I will ignore and report them.

As to those who do not respond,I only pray that I've helped you in some way with your spiritual trek with God Almighty.

With Love to my Brothers and Sisters,

-Your Brother In Christ

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brothers and Sisters, I have recently been noticing a spike in threads both here and in the non-denominational sub-forums,about Salvation and what one must do to attain it.

The amount of false doctrine and bad advice has been sickening to say the least...

So I decided to make a master thread to let everyone who is interested know the path to Salvation.

The path to Salvation is so simple... so much so,that,it's simplicity is what makes it hard to comprehend at first.

This is what you must do:

Believe

That's it...

You must Believe that Jesus is God,that He died and rose again on the third day,that you can never attain Salvation by any other means(especially through your own works), and that by Believing in Him; you will be saved from the punishment (you deserve) of your sins.

But Believing is a work right?

Well, not really.

Only those who He has called is able to Believe.

He grants us the ability to Believe or not.

So you either Believe,or dont.

But He does give us free will. And you can choose to reject Him (if your that dumb) if you so wish to.

But Scripture says to Repent!

Your right,it does.

The Greek word for Repent being used is "Metanoia",which means to "Change ones mind".

So when Scripture says to "Repent and Believe",it's saying: "Change your mind about God and Believe!"

Two different sides to the same coin friends.

But Scripture says to be Baptized!

Yes,it most certainly does.

It says to be baptized as an act of obedience to Christ,NOT as a means unto Salvation.

But Scripture implies we can lose Salvation doesn't it?

Jesus Himself said:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." -Matthew 12:31

The only Sin that is unforgivable is the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Which is to Curse/speak badly of The Holy Spirit.

But he who is already saved cannot say such a thing,because that would be unforgivable,which means we would be condemned,which means God lost one of His Sheep... absurd isn't it?

He who commits that then,was never saved to begin with. So if your truly saved,you've nothing to fear.

So you see,Christ is,as Scripture states it,"The Way,The Truth,and The Life". And again None shall get to the Father,except through Christ.

Scripture states,at times,passages which can be confusing. Such as:"If you Love me,you will obey my commandments".

This is not saying that you will be saved if you Obey Christ... it's saying that IF you really do love Christ,you'll obey His teachings. (Which are actually,for the most part,just to Love God most of all;and to Love and Forgive your Brothers unconditionally).

Because,you see, if you do Believe in Christ,and accept Him as Savior. You will see a change of actions both physically,mentally,and spiritually.

This is not to say you will be without sin though..

1 John makes that VERY clear.

But you see,as a Believer,you will hate sin,and not want to do it. And when you do sin,not IF,but WHEN you DO sin,you'll be sorry and confess it to God.

I think I've addressed most of the important points here,but if need be,I'll Edit or even post again.

If anybody has any questions/concerns/comments,feel free to speak. I'll try to answer each reply individually,with respect,and most importantly... Scripturaly..

I do ask though,that everyone keeps civil,and that we discuss any issues respectfully,and professionally. If anyone attempts to flame or troll I will ignore and report them.

As to those who do not respond,I only pray that I've helped you in some way with your spiritual trek with God Almighty.

With Love to my Brothers and Sisters,

-Your Brother In Christ
You could have left out the part about free will. Free will doesn't enter into the equation. If you can believe it is because you have already been born of God. While the Lord drags no one against their will He does give all those who believe a new will that can make no other choice but to believe and trust the finished work of Christ on their behalf.

Salvation isn't our choice it is God's choice.

(Joh 6:39) And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

(Joh 6:40) And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Those whom were given come and all those who come are saved.

(1Jn 5:1) Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

The bolded part is in the past tense meaning that all who believe have been born of God.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You could have left out the part about free will. Free will doesn't enter into the equation. If you can believe it is because you have already been born of God. While the Lord drags no one against their will He does give all those who believe a new will that can make no other choice but to believe and trust the finished work of Christ on their behalf.

Salvation isn't our choice it is God's choice.

(Joh 6:39) And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

(Joh 6:40) And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Those whom were given come and all those who come are saved.

(1Jn 5:1) Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

The bolded part is in the past tense meaning that all who believe have been born of God.

Yes, I do not argue the fact that it is not up to us to believe or not. That is His doing.

But one may reject Him if he be so foolish to do so.

Regardless,it is irrelevant to discuss this matter. As long as one believes,that is enough. I merely stated that incase someone was searching for such an answer to their question.

God Bless!
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yep. We not called 'repenters' or 'the baptised' or the 'churchgoers' or the 'devout' we are called believers.

You either believe or you dont.

Once you believe and start walking with Jesus then your faith grows.

Amen friend,amen :)

-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I do not argue the fact that it is not up to us to believe or not. That is His doing.

But one may reject Him if he be so foolish to do so.

Regardless,it is irrelevant to discuss this matter. As long as one believes,that is enough. I merely stated that incase someone was searching for such an answer to their question.

God Bless!
-Your Brother In Christ
We all reject Him in our natural spiritual deadness. It is insanity to be sure but unless He does something in us and for us, raising us from the dead spiritually, we will always reject Him. Not only is this important to understanding the Gospel and salvation it is vital. We do not in any way save ourselves.

Telling a sinner that he must have faith by his free will but that that willful choice isn't a work is not only absurd but a lie.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We all reject Him in our natural spiritual deadness. It is insanity to be sure but unless He does something in us and for us, raising us from the dead spiritually, we will always reject Him. Not only is this important to understanding the Gospel and salvation it is vital. We do not in any way save ourselves.

Telling a sinner that he must have faith by his free will but that that willful choice isn't a work is not only absurd but a lie.

Heh, I think we are going in circles/confusing eachother.

I do NOT believe we can choose wether to believe in Him or not. We believe what we believe,simple as that. But we can choose to deny what we believe

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness,And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
-John 12:46-48

Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation of that passage,but from face value I'm pretty sure I understand what it means.

God bless!
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Heh, I think we are going in circles/confusing eachother.

I do NOT believe we can choose wether to believe in Him or not. We believe what we believe,simple as that. But we can choose to deny what we believe

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness,And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
-John 12:46-48

Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation of that passage,but from face value I'm pretty sure I understand what it means.

God bless!
-Your Brother In Christ
Unbelief is the default position. We all choose to deny the revelation that God is and will judge naturally. Rom. 1
That is the result of being dead spiritually in sin.

The passage is clear but also must be understood in the context of the teaching of the whole of the Scriptures. Scripture interprets Scripture. While there are a few stand alone passages it is rare. Start at verse 37 and read the passage according to its context. I think you will see what I mean.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Unbelief is the default position. We all choose to deny the revelation that God is and will judge naturally. Rom. 1
That is the result of being dead spiritually in sin.

The passage is clear but also must be understood in the context of the teaching of the whole of the Scriptures. Scripture interprets Scripture. While there are a few stand alone passages it is rare. Start at verse 37 and read the passage according to its context. I think you will see what I mean.

I have Brother,and still come to the same conclusion.

Again though,this is trivial.

As long as we both agree that Salvation is through belief in The Lord,and nothing else, I believe we might be at peace with eachother.

With Love my Brother,
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have Brother,and still come to the same conclusion.

Again though,this is trivial.

As long as we both agree that Salvation is through belief in The Lord,and nothing else, I believe we might be at peace with eachother.

With Love my Brother,
-Your Brother In Christ
Salvation is by grace through faith, Eph. 2:8, but yes we are at peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Shameless bump.

"So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.'Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because 'the righteous will live by faith.'"
-Galations 3:9-11

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Shameless bump.

"So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.'Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because 'the righteous will live by faith.'"
-Galations 3:9-11
Picture glasses down my nose and my finger pointing at you muttering tsk, tsk ,tsk for doing such a shameless thing. ;)

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
if you lose faith in Christ and lets say convert to Islam or any other religion are you still saved ? or is it a continuing faith in Christ?
The verse in your signature gives the answer to your question. If you can lose your faith you never actually had faith. Faith is more than a head knowledge or a simple assent but a total commitment of your soul on the person and work of Christ. I use the illustration of a man on the roof of a burning building. Until he has no other way than to jump into the arms of the Savior he will try to find another way down but when he has no other choice he jumps. When he jumps he is committed, he can't go back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(Rom 3:26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

(Rom 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

(Rom 3:28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Here is the crux of the Gospel. God, in absolute justice and righteousness, saves sinners. He does so in such a way that they cannot boast of themselves in any way. God does not wink at sin or overlook it, He punishes it to the full extent of justice and wrath. He either did so for your sin in Christ Jesus the Lord or He will in you at the judgment. Therefore believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and know the just forgiveness of sins.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God allowed the ignorance of man, and endured it with much longsuffering, but, once He had revealed the truth through His Son, Jesus Christ, He commanded all men everywhere to stop their worship of false gods, turn to Him, and follow the truth as preached in the Gospels and by His Apostles.

Acts 17
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

We should all take these things as being very serious, and seek the LORD with our whole hearts. The fact that God raised Jesus from the dead is PROOF that all people will be raised from the dead, and face certain Judgment. Just to qualify, though, the people God saves, those He calls His elect, have or will have, faced the judgment of their sins while living here on Earth, and will have found the remedy and payment of the penalty for the deeds they have done. This is found in Jesus Christ, alone, and in His precious blood that was made a sacrifice for their sins. It is Jesus that made a way for these people to be ushered into Heaven, the abode of God, that was impossible before because of the sin of Adam, and the nature we all inherited from him.

Human Nature in its Fourfold State
Thomas Boston (1676 - 1732)

http://achristianspirit.com/HumanNtr1.html

This is a long book, but well worth reading!

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I liked how faith was descibed only way is to jump total dependant....
So then would one also say when we are not acting totally dependant that we have not faith? And if not then not saved?
We never act like we are totally dependent. We often act like we have no faith at all. But in the tenor of our lives we rest in Christ. Faith isn't in how we act but in how we rest.

Faith that rests in Christ knows the sin that so easily besets us and is grieved by it but still sees all we need in Christ. We know that Christ is enough for God and enough for us and even in the face of our sin we still depend on His finished work as our all.

We walk by faith not by sight. If we look at ourselves all we can see is sin. If we can't then we do not truly know ourselves. Still we walk believing that Christ has put away our sin by the sacrifice of Himself. He knew all our sin and bore away in His body on the tree.

Resting in Christ isn't working or acting it is a total commitment that Christ is enough. He is all my righteousness, all my holiness, all my acceptance, all my blessing and all my hope before God.

Upvote 0