twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the late reply,been super busy of late.

Biblical Righteousness is what God considers "Good" and "Just".

So by "His Righteousness" its,"His Goodness,Godliness,His Standerds,His Perfection".
(Mat 5:20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

To put this in context the Scribe and Pharisees were the holy men among the Jews. In the outward keeping of the law they were considered blameless. But for any of us to enter the kingdom of God our righteousness must be even greater than theirs.

That is why we must have the perfect righteousness of Christ imputed to us.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
(Mat 5:20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

To put this in context the Scribe and Pharisees were the holy men among the Jews. In the outward keeping of the law they were considered blameless. But for any of us to enter the kingdom of God our righteousness must be even greater than theirs.

That is why we must have the perfect righteousness of Christ imputed to us.

Very true indeed.

The context is what matters.

I was applying it to my quote attached to the post he made.

So by "God's Righteousness" it'd be "God's Goodness,Perfection,and Just-ness".

I guess you could roughly say Righteousness is "The Goodness and Holiness of one's perspective" to some degree the scribes had their holiness,their righteousness from the perspective of themselves and most others. But it falls utterly short of the True Righteousness of God,that triumphs over the judgement of all other beings.

God’s Righteousness being perfect,Holy,Godly,unbreaking, pure,justified will.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0